Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Should probably kill Beth first, after the nurf it's one of the easiest bosses in the zone.

Also a destro lock can take an entire shard, if needed.

I've heard various classes and specs being able to soak a full crystal. Shadow priests are obviously popular but we've used a kitty druid to do a whole crystal with minimal raid CD assistance -- that was only on normal mode. A destro lock can do it (there don't seem to be a lot of those around anymore) and I've read that a DPS warrior in defensive stance using SW is also a good option. I read the other day about using a ret paladin, but I'm not sure how that works. I couldn't find anything specific about the rotation to use on one.

I would guess that a feral kitty would be able to soak it with little problems with correct use of CD's if he used a tweaked spec for it. I was thinking of something like : http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0Zf0GcRzRdrszMcu + [Glyph of frenzied regeneration]

That spec should give you all the spell dmg reduction you need
    18% complete dmg reduction while in bearform
    6% spell dmg reduction in all forms.
    Survival instincts - 50% dmg reduction for 12 sec (twice as long as dispersion)
    Barkskin - 20% dmg reduction for 12 sec.
    Frenzied regeneration (If glyphed) - 30% extra healing taken for 20 sec.
    20% extra healing taken while in cat form - Yes, this will interfeer with [Natural reaction] talent so you cant benefit from both at once.

All of this, and it shouldnt really mess up with your dps in any major way.
    However, im not sure what of 2 out of 4 talents that will give you the best dmg among the following
    [Predatory strikes]
    [Stampede]
    [Blood in the water]
    [Feral agression]

We downed Baleroc for the first time this week, and we had our feral tank 25 stacks on first shard -- barkskin + surv instinct at 14 stacks, aura mastery at 20

we do 2 tanks 1 healer since our dps isn't the best

Deleted
    It really depends of version of fight, number of CDs needed vary if u doing 10man normal,10man hc,25n or 25hc.
    In 25hc we only have 1spriest, so as RET im soaking second shard to full 25. Having in mind that on 25hc 25th tick do about 400k unmitigated, i need all cds internal and external timed well, Spriest need only like a half.

So at 5 stacks goes sac from holy paladin, at 10-12 goes barrier from disci, at 14-15 goes second sac from another ret, 16-17 i use Dprotection and TB trinket, 17-18 goes Psupression from disci. 1CD missing at 24-25 ticks and im dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaos View Post
    There's less movement involved. In 25man there's alot of potential to spread Tormented by having multiple people running around after each crystal and less chance a crystal soaker will get Countdown.

Soloing a Crystal makes things much simpler in 25man, but it's not really needed in 10, that's what he's saying.
    The reason you solo soak is to get the healers higher stacks to have an easier time healing the tanks.. Nothing to do with spreading tormented.

I've done H Beth and H Baleroc, and think Baleroc is more tightly tuned, DPS-wise. If 2-tanking, all and each of your DPSers will need to do something like 28k+ (given that tanks do 12-14k). I don't know how much DPS you do, but if it's low, might consider 1-tanking.

You may be able to get ~17 stacks with a DK AMS and pain suppression, but then he'd have to switch with someone. That's about as good as you can get without spriest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceria View Post
    Why I hate Baleroc is cause every group has their own way of doing it and anytime we're working on him (My main farms 7/7 and my alt wipes on Baleroc) there's a hundred people with a hundred different suggestions and strategies.

And it all becomes stupid very quickly.
    This sounds more like a people problem than boss problem. Get a more decisive raid leader, tell your raid members to STFU, and kill the boss.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman