Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    You'll get him. It sounds like you are on the right track.

About him being super annoying, we thought the same thing when we first starting working on him in heroic. Since getting that first kill though we've had no trouble at all farming him - and I suspect you guys won't have any trouble doing so either. Once you work out the CDs and people minimize the damage they take from firelines, this kill should be in the bag and on farm for you guys. The only other thing you may need to improve is slowing the slimes a little more - that could make the difference for a kill (a frost dk using HB on them when there gets to be a lot works great).

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, it is much appreciiated.

Have your DK stay on the Left foot the whole time and your Shaman stay on the Right foot the whole time, then have your warrior and rogue switching legs depending on the direction the boss needs to go. Have the warlock dot both legs continuously, if he does one and then the other the steering will be screwy. This also goes for the melee classes, if they have any type of cleave abilities that hit both legs they might want to not do it so not to screw up the driving. For the ranged have them kill the fragments and sparks, best way to tank the fragments is in the middle of the liquids so aoe dmg rapes them.

When driving just drive over inactives while going for actives, the rng on them activating makes it so if you skip one you might be sorry because the one you skipped will probably activate (at least with our previous luck it was). When phase 2 starts you got a decent amount of cooldowns to keep you alive, the trick is to get him to phase 2 without him being superheated.

Its a crappy boss yes. Hate it just as much, after 4 kills atm.

Hope they dont make something similar again.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Also, our druid healer is putting out 21k in this fight, pally is at 11k but he is healing tank. I suspect this also may be an issue, what do you guys think?

Should pally healer just be healing the tank and that's it mostly? His numbers seem low.
    We got our first kill on it last night - 2 healing witha resto/hpal also our druid did (48.44%) 18769.8k hps and our pally did (37.96%) 14535.2 k hps. So your pally could probably pick it up, but resto druids are insane. Considering your druid has to do that much I would say either your raid is getting hit by things or your pally is slacking though.

Make sure the raid is topped up and stable going into p2. Im shadow for this fight and i usually divine hymn on the transition just to help stabilze the raid. If the healers arent already behind going into the first stomp its a lot easier to get everyone back up. Then you just time your raid CDs like everyone has said. Loose spread around the boss worked for us.

Right, totally not random, except from activating the volcano behind him instead of the one in front of him, activating the volcano he is just stepping on so we lose an active volcano but he doesn't lose stacks...

I'm just saying, if it's the first time, you don't get easily used to bad RNG
    This is what some players try to use as self re-assuring examples to justify saying the fight is 'completely random'. It's not.

Seriously, we have him often activate Volcano's on the far side where-ever the hell he wants as well, so do many other guilds. Its still an easy kill. We dont call the fight 'random bullshit', they dont call the fight 'random bullshit' - or use it as justification for wiping and die over it. Why should you? Do you really think that guilds who find this guy easy never have any of the things you quoted above happen to them? They still do, and they deal with it.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2011-09-16 at 12:05 AM.

Deleted
    I know your pain, I hated this fight also doing it on 10HC, while I'm sure compared to other guilds my guild is no doubt pretty terrible at this fight. I cant help but look at it and think of so many things that are just badly desgined that could still make it challenging but not for the wrong reasons like I feel it is atm. Got him down eventually, but it certainly wasnt a progression I enjoyed. Good luck, the relief once you have that shiny achievement will be great

Although we regularly kill this boss on heroic each week, this is probably one of the worst thought out boss encounters in my 7 years of playing. Whoever designed this boss should never design a boss again.

Your pally sucks if he's pulling 10-11k.. Sucks badly

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    This is what bad players try to use as self re-assuring examples to justify saying the fight is 'completely random'. It's not.

Seriously, we have him often activate Volcano's on the far side where-ever the hell he wants as well, so do many other guilds. Its still an easy kill. We dont call the fight 'random bullshit', they dont call the fight 'random bullshit' - or use it as justification for wiping and die over it. Why should you? Do you really think that guilds who find this guy easy never have any of the things you quoted above happen to them? They still do, and they deal with it.
    What fight have you found frustratingly dumb? I'm sure ive done it (as long as it is not heroics past our current progression). We are dealing with it. It is annoying when someone tap dances into a discussion with the tired old QQ more retort. I've mentioned I have been in many encounters in this game, I find this one reeks of bullshit. Yes, you rock, well done. You showed me.

Deleted
    I also think it is one of the worst enc in the instance took us about 3 weeks to finaly kill him, while after that domo took us about 2hours und Alysrazar 2 days still can´t realy believe someone calling him the easiest one ...

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    What fight have you found frustratingly dumb? I'm sure ive done it (as long as it is not heroics past our current progression). We are dealing with it. It is annoying when someone tap dances into a discussion with the tired old QQ more retort. I've mentioned I have been in many encounters in this game, I find this one reeks of bullshit. Yes, you rock, well done. You showed me.
    It is nothing to do with 'who rocks'. The fight can be frustrating yes. But it is not a 'random rng fest' like people want to believe.

If you actually read posts carefully instead of rushing to reply, youd see I didnt comment on whether people find the fight frustrating. Thats subjective and very understandable. I find it frustrating at times too. But its not 'random bullshit' or a 'rng fest'. Next time, avoid embarassing yourself by reading posts you want to reply to. The OP specifically is encouraging a discussion and tips based on how much 'random bullshit' the fight involves and tips to 'deal with it.' Step 1: Accept that the fight is just not random, then people can help you deal with it better.

Perhaps you would like people to give you tips on how to manage undesirable Volcano Activation spawns, or limit the chance of it happening? Perhaps you'd like tips on how to minimise/avoid the chance of him stepping on a Volcano when his (very predictable, hint) activation timer is up, to avoid him stomping and not losing stacks for that cycle? Or should we just comment on how everything is so random etc etc.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2011-09-16 at 12:42 AM.

"This is what bad players try to use as self re-assuring examples to justify saying the fight is 'completely random'."

This told me enough about you.