Need mobo and graphic card help!!!

So I bought this motherboard : GA-H61M-D2P-B3 (Sorry I cannot post links :S)

What I'm having trouble finding out is, if I install a 2nd video card into the lower 4x pcie slot, will my first be slowed down to 4x as well? I've read through all of the documentation and couldn't find whether or not this would happen, I don't have a good enough psu to even test this out so again, I have no way of finding out whether or not this would take place. Does anyone have experience with boards like this and installing two seperate graphic cards? I have a dual monitor setup, one monitor from my gts250 and the other from onboard graphics. I simply want to avoid using my onboard graphic adapter in the future to alleviate cpu usage. Any help will be much appreciated!

---------- Post added 2011-09-15 at 04:49 PM ----------

cmannnn anyone???

Umm I'm pretty sure that doesn't support crossfire or sli.
    To answer the question, using the x4 slot won't slow down the x16 slot. Usually the only time that happens is if you have a x16 and x8... where they'll both run x8/x8 in cf/sli mode.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if you're looking to Crossfire/SLI the cards or what, but it sounds like you want to hook one card up to one monitor, and the other card up to another monitor? Am I correct in believing that's what you wanna do?

Also, that board supports CrossfireX, but not SLI. And running cards in both slots will give x16 in the x16 PCIe slot, and x4 in the x4 PCIe slot.

yeah I dont plan to run SLI, just two graphics cards. Aiming for 1 monitor on my main gpu and 1 or 2 on the 2nd. But I am hopeful that you guys are correct about it not slowing down because the possible setup could be awesome. I plan to upgrade from my gts250 and simply bump it down to the 4x slot

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well if you are upgrading from the GTS250 you can just run two monitors off an upgraded video card. Assuming the second monitor is just for browsing the web etc, it won't be taxing on the card at all.

Otherwise you can stick a second card in the bottom without running Crossfire / SLI and just use it for the second monitor but along with that comes power restraints from the PSU.

of course of course. I have to upgrade my psu when I upgrade graphic cards anyways, so I'll just invest in one that can support two :P