10+ Year Old Account

The magical delete

for 3 months my ps3 was broken and i was unable to turn it on, except every few weeks i would see the light turn on id play then 30min after shutting it off the red standby light went away this happened maybe 5 times over the 3 months. well last week it turns on but before i shut it down i delete my music and all of a sudden the red light doesnt go away and my ps3 is fixed. now i know it wasnt a memory issue but what could of caused my music files to have my ps3 only turn on a few times a month?

It possible that one of your music files was corrupted or something. I have had videos on my computer where certain corrupt encodes would cause my explorer.exe to crash. So if you ever put music on there again or videos try deleting the last thing you put on there should the issue ever resurface.
    Last edited by Evilmaniac; 2011-09-16 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    for 3 months my ps3 was broken and i was unable to turn it on, except every few weeks i would see the light turn on id play then 30min after shutting it off the red standby light went away this happened maybe 5 times over the 3 months. well last week it turns on but before i shut it down i delete my music and all of a sudden the red light doesnt go away and my ps3 is fixed. now i know it wasnt a memory issue but what could of caused my music files to have my ps3 only turn on a few times a month?

I would say your PS3 disagrees with your choice of music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corrupted music file. Something a bit similar happened to me when I dumped my entire HDD onto my PS3. Running the PS3 in safe mode and having it to look for corrupt files usually fixes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    im bringing this thread up rather than making another: would it be safe to re add music into my ps3 because my new game allows for music in game but i dont want my ps3 turning back into a brick
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Like I said way back then it was most likely a corrupted file. bring your music over little by little if you want to be safe on what file may end up being corrupted should you have any.

Listen to free form jazz. Your PS3 might agree with that more.