Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxidys View Post
    wtf does "infinitesimal" even mean?!?

thesaurus.com is for the homeworks, not the forums...
    It means very small. Its not that uncommon of a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxidys View Post
    wtf does "infinitesimal" even mean?!?

thesaurus.com is for the homeworks, not the forums...
    I think a word a day calender might be one of the best things you could purchase for yourself. A reasonable vocabulary and/or the ability to determine meaning based on context clues: for every day life!
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    Now imagine if they had similar coloring schemes! Oh the craziness of it all!
    Oh, I see, they both look like leather.

Damn, you got me there, they look so similar now.

[/sarcasm]
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Oh stop acting like smarty pants guys. Infinitesimal isn't as common of a word as yall are saying. It's highly impractical too as the length of the word exceeds it's general meaning.

15+ Year Old Account
    This model didn't cost "Millions of dollars", you have no concept of money.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

i guess the OP cant be happy unless all hoods are of different shapes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Oh stop acting like smarty pants guys. Infinitesimal isn't as common of a word as yall are saying. It's highly impractical too as the length of the word exceeds it's general meaning.
    There is nothing wrong with having a varied vocabulary. If everyone spoke in the simplest and most efficient way possible all the time, the world would be a very boring place. Face it, some people just enjoy words like some people enjoy paintings or music.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don’t know why you'd say this. It’s a perfectly cromulent word.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the Shaman set to be ugly with the bones out of the head, and torchlight for the Mages? Seriously?

That said, I'm not quite sure what OP is whining about. If they just take an existing look and, I don't know, change the colour and call it a day, at least it has some merit. But barring that, this has been filed under "oh Lord, another whiny thread".
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

Deleted
    Hood-base = rip-off? Wait wut. Seriously, that hood-layout(wide open) is amazing and it's something I've wanted for a Hunter since early Burning Crusade, so the more times they use it, the higher chance we have of it becoming non-class-restricted!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    I find the Shaman set to be ugly with the bones out of the head, and torchlight for the Mages? Seriously?

That said, I'm not quite sure what OP is whining about. If they just take an existing look and, I don't know, change the colour and call it a day, at least it has some merit. But barring that, this has been filed under "oh Lord, another whiny thread".
    To be fair, they are goggles on the mage helm. Blizzard just has this strange idea that goggles need to shoot like out of them at all times. That is the only part of the mage set I do not like. Just turn off the laser vision high beams already!

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I don’t know why you'd say this. It’s a perfectly cromulent word.
    Because "Something as tiny/small/miniscule" would have gotten the point across, not confused a poster, and wouldn't have gotten him FLAMED at, INSULTED and compared to feces by several posters. Okay I made the feces thing up. But I think you get the picture. Because of that word, several people felt the NEED to put some one down...to insult rather than help. Its the same behaivor you find in game. When people ask a question they get called a noob, they get kicked, they get their reputation slandered! And I see its no different in real life. He was willing to learn....came here ready to listen...and you guys sold him out...you should be ashamed of yourselves!

Really?

"You must be boring to speak with."

"I think a word a day calender might be one of the best things you could purchase for yourself."

Don't you bullies think those snide comments were a bit much for a harmless question?
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2011-09-16 at 05:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    To be fair, they are goggles on the mage helm. Blizzard just has this strange idea that goggles need to shoot like out of them at all times. That is the only part of the mage set I do not like. Just turn off the laser vision high beams already!
    Mages wearing goggles? That's not very Mage-y at all. Unless if you're a Goblin, Gnome and maybe a Dwarf.

4.3 is a steampunk patch? /hopeful
    You're swell. "

- Mylune

OP, I don't care if you're trolling, you're also incredibly silly. The stitching on the helm of two vastly different looking tier sets is no big deal
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Its not lazy, it is cost effective. Blizzard is a business after all. Why spend money to model a slightly different hood graphic when they could take an existing one and use it as the base for a new piece of gear. It is not like it is the same hood only a different color or something.
    ]
    Oh stop it. They are set in their ways of hatting Blizzard. Even thought Blizzard admitted to only creating unique shoulder and helm slots. Everything else they get modify off some base armor. Its really quite smart and I bet every company does this.
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    or the mystical third option, which involves handcuffs and lubricant.
    I seriously think some people picture the higher ups at Blizzard as a group of guys in suits sitting around an office wearing giant hats made out of $100 bills and smoking giant cigars rolled out of $100 bills saying to each other "How can we piss off out players this week? Muhahahahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    Mages wearing goggles? That's not very Mage-y at all. Unless if you're a Goblin, Gnome and maybe a Dwarf.

4.3 is a steampunk patch? /hopeful
    The class description says its based off of "techno-mages." Check it up on WoWpedia/wiki.

Blizzard's interpretation of fantasy mostly realized by J.R.R Tolkien first is completely up to them. They can give mages whatever they want. If they think mages need a giant flaming snake that shoots magical pigs, its up to blizzard to decide that. When you get hired by Blizzard as a lead designer, you can tell them what is mage-y and what isn't. As for right now, your vision of what fantasy should be is YOUR interpretation. Just because theirs is slightly different from yours doesn't mean you are right and they are wrong.

Oh boy, they used the frame of the hood. DAMN BLASPHEMERS! We should all go burn down Blizzard's headquarters with pitchforks and torches like they did with witches.

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Amount of people in this thread failing at seeing the similarity is terryfing.
    The amount of people in this thread QQing about stupid shit when they have zero knowledge of art design is terrifying

fixed that for ya

10+ Year Old Account
    The class description says its based off of "techno-mages." Check it up on WoWpedia/wiki.

Is it bad that I noticed the cleavage first?
    You're swell. "

- Mylune