Thread: DPS Troubles.

10+ Year Old Account

DPS Troubles.

Hi ladies n gents, As my topic suggests i am having a hard time with my Spriest as it is my first caster and my dps seems to be rather low in Heroics and 5 mans, So trying to get into raids is a joke.

Doing any where between 8-11k dps. I dont have any logs or dps meter pics i could link. atm im @ iLvL 358 anyone else around this area mind sharing there dps ?

I have been following the EJ Spriest guide, spec, rotation/priority list. and seem to fail. I know i need to change a few things around and such. But i just cant seem to do competitive dps

Here is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ne/Ðoc/simple

So any hints and or tips or ideas would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Get more haste.

are you keeping mastery buff up? the buff from orbs i cant remember the name off

but other then that it looks pretty good to be fair. All it takes is a bit of pracitice, keep the dots rolling as aclose to 100% of the time, i recommend that you get the addon called MFClip its really nice and gives you a after combat "uptime" on your dots.

Don't bother with so much hit if you are doing 5mans only and rather reforge it down to 5% or what ever it is in there to get more mastery/crit/haste.
    You seems to be fine on the haste part, remember to have haste on every single piece (reforge it if not) untill you reach the 2589 mark (won't happend untill Firelands).

Figureine Dream Owl is pretty useless, try to do molten front dailys for the moonwell trinket there or buy DMC: V. If neither of these are an option, go for the Witching Hourglass or Gale of Shadows

Also try switching your Melodious slippers for Endless Dream Walkers. The latter provides haste by default, which is what you want.

EDIT: if you cant get endless dream walkers since they are expensive, slippers of moving waters works as well.
    Last edited by zsun; 2011-09-16 at 11:46 AM.

Do the Deepholm quests to get access to Therazane Tabard and grind the shoulder enchant.

Make getting a main hand your priority and enchant with Power torrent

Get the better leg enchant

Replace boot enchant with mastery/speed version

Your a JC, enchant your rings

Get rid of Owl Trinket for anything else caster DPS based

Enchant your Offhand

These will help your DPS but the major component of your DPS is your rotation/priority system

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beav View Post
    Your a JC, enchant your rings
    You enchant your rings with Enchanting, not with JC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Keeping up the shadow orb buff, and buff for +% to dot dmg. trying to buy the DMC:V card as we speak.... just a bit of changing booties atm.
    Last edited by sumrandom; 2011-09-16 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simenon View Post
    You enchant your rings with Enchanting, not with JC.
    Lol silly me - no coffee yet

Your a JC, make the 67 Intel gems

Multi dotting in 5 man's is your friend. If you're in a group with all geared people your DPS will seem lower on trash unless you multidot.

Boss fights, keep your rotation tight. Don't let empowered shadows fall off unless you don't get orb procs to keep it up. Use your SF with as many int / sp procs as possible and don't waste your AA.

Deleted
    Without seeing your UI i cannot be sure...

But there are certain addons you can customise your UI with to make it easier to sustain good dps.

Deleted
    Gear:
    Get Darkmoon card: Volcano, no excuses.
    Get JP boots, t11 gloves, JP ring.
    Get staff from ZG.
    Get the spirit/hst helm from ZG.

Gems:
    Wrong gems in belt/boots.

Enchants:
    No shoulder enchant.
    No power torrent on MH.
    Wrong enchant on bracers.
    Wrong boot enchant, +50hst or +35mst/movement.
    No offhand enchant.
    Cheap enchant on chest.
    Cheap enchant on cloak.
    Cheap enchant on legs.

Reforge:
    Once you upgrade the gear, use wowreforge.com and use settings "hit close to 1742", "hst atleast 2144".

Professions:
    Mining is useless, get tailoring.

Rotation:
    As close to 100% uptime on dots, empowered shadows, fiend on CD, mind blast on cd, AA on Cd when you dont have to refresh dots for a while.

Spec:
    1/2 in Phantasm is useless, it's minor but move it to Inner Sanctum, you can move 1 point from mental agility aswell.

Glyphs:
    Glyphs are fine.

I probably forgot things but that should keep you busy for a while.
    Last edited by mmoc12f026c685; 2011-09-16 at 01:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sickopath View Post
    Without seeing your UI i cannot be sure...

But there are certain addons you can customise your UI with to make it easier to sustain good dps.
    Pretty much standard UI, with DBM and such

---------- Post added 2011-09-16 at 09:27 PM ----------

Thanks Wablakin

Nice list for me to work on will get right on it

Deleted
    While i appreciate that a UI preference is a very personal thing, whenever i mess around in shadow i really feel the difficulty it is to keep track of buffs and such.

Have you seen this post? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/944800-Shadow-Priest-Hub-w-Power-Auras-Classic

Loads more alternatives which may help.

Definitely get a custom UI.
    Make your own or copy one, but oyu need one to show you a lot of things, especially as a priest, where you can line up procs with on use trinkets and refreshing your dots etc.