Thread: H Alysrazor

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

H Alysrazor

Is it viable to just clump up on the hill and outheal the tornados in heroic?

adding this to op as a lot of people are just trying to tell me to dodge tornados :P

The theoretical idea of this exercise is to be able to carry the worst player through a 6/7 heroic clear without him dying. (you may tell him to stand on any marker or any position, but asking him to move from mechanics is not permissable)
    Last edited by mmocd7449ed493; 2011-09-16 at 10:27 PM.

No, they one shot you. Everyone in your raid should have 2 feathers though, so tornado phase should be easy.

As above

Avoiding damage is after all the key concept of this fight

Deleted
    No need to have 2. You can run in circles, turning L/R once the L/R tornado passes by.

Tornados do not oneshot (at least not in 10H), they do 80k (so around 50-70k with some resist), which means even if you fail and get hit, don't panic, you can survive 2 hits.

@OP: just curious, how did you get the idea of outhealing it? Even on normal it's not possible...
    Last edited by mmoc3901d91d40; 2011-09-16 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglepants View Post
    No, they one shot you. Everyone in your raid should have 2 feathers though, so tornado phase should be easy.
    no need for 2 feathers, with hatchlings down (as they should be) its easy even with no feathers at all (with 2 you can bsically outrun the tornado)

Only tanks can survive 2 hits from the tornados. You may just be able to take 2 hits if you have a defensive cooldown up however it is very risky. Without a CD you will be hit for 90k. General rule of thumb is dont get hit!

Also worth noting that you dont need any feathers i never use them, i just run it circles following the tornados as they pass by me, once you have had a couple of attempts it is very easy.

Goodluck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowee View Post
    No need to have 2. You can run in circles, turning L/R once the L/R tornado passes by.

Tornados do not oneshot (at least not in 10H), they do 80k (so around 50-70k with some resist), which means even if you fail and get hit, don't panic, you can survive 2 hits.

@OP: just curious, how did you get the idea of outhealing it? Even on normal it's not possible...
    ye they do about 50-60k on me. Its perfectly possible in normal to just clump on the hill and heal through it lol, only about 4 or 5 hit you; we do that sometimes when we take ppl who cant survive on alt runs etc. (they are always the ppl that run out of spamrange of the healers too) just wondering if its possible in heroic so new ppl dont have to worry about that too :P

Its not possible at all in heroic. See the reasons mentioned above.

It's not possible in heroic, however it is possible to do it in 10man on heroic with only 9 people if the dead person is a dps. If you're wanting to carry that is.

Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    It's not possible in heroic, however it is possible to do it in 10man on heroic with only 9 people if the dead person is a dps. If you're wanting to carry that is.
    That makes no sense. It isnt possible to do it on 10 man heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    Is it viable to just clump up on the hill and outheal the tornados in heroic?
    Didn't even know that people did that on normal :O

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    Didn't even know that people did that on normal :O
    I didnt either until i saw this post. :S

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-rRrfhBxlg
    That's how easy it really is, if you fail at the tornadoes and you can't avoid easy avoidable damage you are not ready for heroics.

PS: add an extra "w" on the ww thingy, not alllowed to post any links on the forums yet

Mod edit: fixed the link
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-09-16 at 03:33 PM.
    Niftztwo - Grimbatol [EU] Holy Paladin
    Niftz - Grimbatol [EU] Restoration druid

The debuff ticks 50k every second for 5 seconds, so if you can outheal that, I guess it's possible.

If you have everyone start at the midway point between where the two adds spawn you can normally get a good position to get started without getting hit. It's the initial one that is the hardest. If people are getting hit after that then they are going out to far, going too far in or mildly retarded that they can't run in a circle well and I'd suggest getting a new raider. If you run recount you can see deaths and see what people are dying to, I found that more often then not it wasn't the tornado itself but to the massive damage from going too far outside.

Deleted
    Thanks for the help all. I do know how to avoid the tornadoes though! The theoretical idea of this exercise is to be able to carry the worst player through a 6/7 heroic clear without him dying. (you may tell him to stand on any marker or any position, but asking him to move from mechanics is not permissable)

I have heard from some of my raiders that there is a spot between the tornado lines where you can not get hit...i have no idea where it is or if it truly does exist. But they say they find it now and then.

Harsh Winds.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

You don't get one-shot in 10m heroic. I don't know about 25m, but I'd expect it to be more forgiving there. You can survive like two or three hits if you're lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaimen View Post
    I have heard from some of my raiders that there is a spot between the tornado lines where you can not get hit...i have no idea where it is or if it truly does exist. But they say they find it now and then.
    I've never found that spot before...and I doubt it exists.

Why sit still when you can get 5-6 rings of power?