Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Actually, it's nothing more than evolution. Paper Magazines are dying, it's the age of tablets and digital books.
    True but I do believe there price was a contributor too

What if i already have 2 of the 6 pets offered? ill just get duplicate items that ill have to delete and be out 20 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    What if i already have 2 of the 6 pets offered? ill just get duplicate items that ill have to delete and be out 20 bucks?
    Take the refund.
    GM of Predestined - http://www.predestinedguild.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    Pretty much

10+ Year Old Account
    if it is a scam it's a shit one :P they're not asking for any money, or account info
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Just making sure, taking the refund. =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    That's not possible, this magazine wasn't sold in stores, and they knew exactly how many people had a subscription - so they only needed to print exactly the # of issues that needed to be mailed out.
    Unless they decided in the boardroom that if they created a magazine that lasted for "12 months" with a subscription they could do a bit less then half the work and make money without making the other half.

Most people will get the pets, which is 0 loss for them to give away. You get a digital pet in your mailbox that costs them nothing to produce for you. So overall they make money from this "failure".

Call me Mr Tinfoil, but its not the first time things like this would be planned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Most people will get the pets, which is 0 loss for them to give away. You get a digital pet in your mailbox that costs them nothing to produce for you. So overall they make money from this "failure".

Call me Mr Tinfoil, but its not the first time things like this would be planned.
    Except those that want the pets will already have them

For those of you that are taking the pets, how does that work? Does it give you a code to redeem them, or does it ask for your bnet info to apply the pets to your account?

I'm tempted to take the pets and give them to a friend if its the former. Waiting 8-10 weeks for the possibility of a $20-something dollar refund isn't all that great. With their shipping and customer service issues, I'm not sure I trust it. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Daladiesman View Post
    you could have gotten the information from other sources without wasting (theoretical) money.

i don't understand how people can potentially waste so much money on the lolore that warcraft has become. if it was on par with the quality of warcraft 3 then i could understand it 100%, but not with the abomination it has become
    "I disagree with this poster'ss opinion, better flame him!"...

You don't like the "lolore" Wacraft has become? Fine, but a lot of people who visit this site do (myself included).

I realize I could have (and did) read the lore elsewhere, but I'm sure there are things in those magazines that I missed, which was proven just earlier today when Lokann mentioned a piece of lore I had no idea was in existence because it was talked about in the magazine.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-09-16 at 09:03 PM. Reason: A little too mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just another sign of WoW dying. [/sarcasm]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Tsepish View Post
    For those of you that are taking the pets, how does that work? Does it give you a code to redeem them, or does it ask for your bnet info to apply the pets to your account?

I'm tempted to take the pets and give them to a friend if its the former. Waiting 8-10 weeks for the possibility of a $20-something dollar refund isn't all that great. With their shipping and customer service issues, I'm not sure I trust it. ;P
    You get codes sent to your email.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dam i have all 4 editions but my subscription ended and now i cant get my hands on the last issue! Dam i really liked the quality and info no the magazine but it was really overpriced!

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    That's not possible, this magazine wasn't sold in stores, and they knew exactly how many people had a subscription - so they only needed to print exactly the # of issues that needed to be mailed out.
    And to cover the writers, ad/graphics department, printer, etc involved in a magainze the unit price to turn a profit was likely ridiculous. Companies don't stop producing something they turn for a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by tulextreme View Post
    Dam i have all 4 editions but my subscription ended and now i cant get my hands on the last issue! Dam i really liked the quality and info no the magazine but it was really overpriced!
    you can actually buy single issues on the publisher's website

shop.futureus.com

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Also can't see many going for pets considering only pet collectors will get them and chances are already got 'em
    What isn't overpriced by Blizzard these days?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    To be honest i'm not surprised, the magazine was incredibly over-priced. Perhaps a lesson learnt Blizzard
    To be honest I'd be surprised if they were making any money on it.
    I don't know how much americans paid, but in New Zealand it was about $70 for 4 mags incl P&P = $17.50 per.
    - P&P to NZ from america often equals the price of the goods.
    so for the price of getting a book imported (or 1/2 a book from a store) I got a 140pg full color magazine, that seems about right to me.
    also keep in mind they had a very small specific consumer base and little chance of it growing, I doubt they were rolling in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsepish View Post
    you can actually buy single issues on the publisher's website

shop.futureus.com
    Oh nice i`ll defenitly check it out! Big Thx!
    ''this is your life and it`s ending one minute at a time''

I should have received issue 5 but never did. Looks like I'm screwed as they never answered my email querying when this was due to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    "I disagree with this poster'ss opinion, better flame him!"...

where did i flame you?

pls tell me, i am eager to know

your reaction was like " i am bitter because he said something i didn't like"
    Last edited by Daladiesman; 2011-09-16 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hayashiko
    Yeah, right. Kotick & co. is going to milk that goose until it's six foot under.