Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drob10 View Post
    Really?! They can automate almost everything else, but to choose a refund instead of the pets I have to actually write them a letter? Call me lazy, but that just sounds like they're intentionally making it more difficult because they don't want to do it.

/rant off
    Obviously, businesses do this a lot; making the refund process obtuse and giving you an easy way out that just so happens to save them real money. If they had to pay back every subscriber, it would go from possibly a mild disappointment to an actual dent in their bottom line.

I found my email in the spam folder, it had a totally different sender and even a different title from the previous mail I had received from the mag (way back a year ago when they announced issue 4) but nonetheless, the code provided works in the website.

Can't say the mag was that exciting, but I guess I better find the 1st 4 issues I have packed away and store them properly, could be something to have in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    That's not possible, this magazine wasn't sold in stores, and they knew exactly how many people had a subscription - so they only needed to print exactly the # of issues that needed to be mailed out.

Magazines are heavily subsidised by advertising revenue, having subs is not nessesarily enough to keep a magazine afloat. If the sales are relatively low it chases the advertisers away, leaving the product to either operate at a loss or be cancelled.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

In regards to the refund not being automated, out side of the obvious ploy, most CC transactions need to be completely refunded and then reapplied with the correct, new charges in order to be processed. If I had to guess, not being part of the payment processing industry, this is a fraud prevention measure since you are reverse a previous transaction not creating a brand new transaction in the opposite direction with new details.

Given the price of a single issue varies between 15 to 20 dollars I am guessing the subscriber numbers were not as high as they have liked to cover the bulk printing to make it more feasible. Also, I think they had a hard time with keeping the schedule which is never good for a periodical as I joined in March this year and got issues 4 and 5 when realistically I should have gotten issues 6 and 7 and missed issues 1 through 5 altogether (it was good that they covered this by doing number of issues purchase not 12 months which is a point to their credit on that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbaby View Post
    I am a subscriber too. I haven't recieved any email.

Neither on the publisher homepage, futureus.com there is no news or anything about the shutdown of the magazine.

You sure this isn't a scam?
    Yep, not a scam. Check out the website if you have any doubts. Also, the e-mail they sent will probably be in your spam folder. But if not, you can have them resend it from that site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now Blizzard could port the magazine to y ipad with slick animations and all the fuzz that this media can offer! Blizz take a look on the digital version of the Wired magazine and go for it!
    ''this is your life and it`s ending one minute at a time''