Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Just want to clarify. I don't use FortExorcist to solely track PoM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't track it anymore. If you have it glyphed (and you should), it's always better to recast it, regardless of where it is or how many stacks it got left.

Deleted
    I don't track PoM anymore, because with the glyph, it will be worth its mana if it just ticks once on a tank, so why not track the CD instead?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I just wrote a lengthy post about Presence of Mind and how to counter it. That was productive.
    It's a shame that they're not talking about Presence of Mind in this thread then, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchmitch View Post
    It's a shame that they're not talking about Presence of Mind in this thread then, isn't it?
    Someone could write out how useless State of Mind is though.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been calling Prayer of Mending "ProM" for years, due to Presence of Mind. I think I finally caved in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I've been calling Prayer of Mending "ProM" for years, due to Presence of Mind. I think I finally caved in.
    You could be like me, you know, and actually use words to say things. Like "Circle", "Mending", and "Prayer". I swear they don't make you piddle when you use them!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I track PoM by listening to the *pling* every time it procs. Gotta love that sound .
    How do I live without the ones I love?
    Time still turns the pages of the book it's burned
    Place and time always on my mind
    I have so much to say, but you're so far away!
    R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, you'll be missed!

I use Grid. I track all of the buffs I cause and need to know about with little colored dots (every buff has its own place).
    For PoM I have it show the number of stacks left as well as if there is a PoM from someone else.
    Since those buffs have fixed placing I can find my PoM immedeately even for large groups, see how many stacks are left-if any-and know whom not to cast it upon because they already have one. I think this way is more useful than just knowing how many stacks are left somewhere.

Edit: I use Power Auras to track CDs. ForteXorcist is nice, too.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2011-09-18 at 01:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Triage for reminding me.

Prayer of Mending slides along the Fort bar until it's ready, if I don't notice that, I also have a massive ProM icon next to my unit frame.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-09-18 at 08:12 PM.

Deleted
    Just get vuhdo and you will be able to track everything you want directly on the frames

Deleted
    Probably already said but healbot tracks mending quite well with a nice little icon on the player that has it, as for the usage if it those that said use it on cooldown are not wrong but it really depends on the fight, half the time I end up complaining to the dps to stand in something to make it jump jokingly ofc but really I wouldn't mind if they did force it off them at least we have SW:death to get it off us.

I don't track it at all. As soon as it is ready I cast it on someone (in the most cases it is a tank).

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    I just have mine show up on grid.
    Used to do this, now I just use the build in party frames, and you can easily see it there.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by Mroz123 View Post
    I don't track it at all. As soon as it is ready I cast it on someone (in the most cases it is a tank).
    This^^ +glyph you are on spot

Quote Originally Posted by RezPlz View Post
    I use healbot, and it shows the buff just like the rest of my heals, so I can see which player it's sitting on at any given time, and how many stacks it has left.
    ^^

He said what I was gonna say.

Deleted
    Question: does anyone have any reason at all to really track where pom is going? I mean, isnt it just enough to have something (powerauras, TMW) show when CD is ready? Healing it does is still relatively small compared to targets total health, so if someone is low health, I am still going to heal him with other spells even he happens to have pom...so doubt it affects what others spell healer is going to use?

Or does casting pom over other priests pom overwrite old one? That is only one I can thing worth tracking, and even that would be pretty small thing.

grid. it shows me a little green square on the top right corner with x5 x4 x3 numbers to tell me the remaining charges.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sahtila View Post
    Or does casting pom over other priests pom overwrite old one? That is only one I can thing worth tracking, and even that would be pretty small thing.
    3 holies all cast pom on the maintank, which one stays on the tank? if they all stay on do they all heal at the same time the next time the tank takes damg or the next 3 attacks? if the next 3 which pom goes first? the biggest? the first one cast?

I used to track it religiously. (POM Tracker mod before it broke).

I used to be a "more information is always good information!". I wanted to know who had it, how many charges left, how much time on it.

Now, honestly-- I dont care. I am primarily tank healing, so its the first charge (being an instant cast) is the biggest concern for me. I usually just cast it at will and if I have to move, on CD if the tank is at 100%. I have a small marker on my grid so I know where it is, but honestly... I dont track it really anymore. Its not nearly as much of my net healing done (since WOTLK) to cause me to care as much anymore.