Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Welcome to Retail, classic players

Well, it seems to me, starting regions in retail are well filled nowadays.

Or is that just anecdotal?

Many players playing little chars on my realmpool.

Infracted {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-09-23 at 05:25 PM.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

I have a friend that came back to play classic and then went retail, and stays on retail lol I said to him "man you'll be disappointed after lvling" and he said "i don't mind, i like paladin how it is now" xD and he forgot his character on classic already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post

Many players playing little chars on my realmpool.
    My realm is horde full populated, everyone already heard about it ofc, cause METHOD, Tarren Mill. Orgrimmar is filled now, when classic came out even my realm was a bit desert but it's growing full again. With all level characters, from low level to max level. It's literally filled. And even yesterday i laughed cause there was this orc dancing, and then another orc puts a black sheep pet and that toy that makes you have like a snow shoulders and seems like it's going to hunt something, and was saying to the black sheep you come hereeee!!! Man, orcs are a superior race. x'D then a COW appeared and standed there looking at them. I bet he was laughing like hell as i was. We still have fun on wow retail.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-09-23 at 04:43 PM.

I like both games having played Vanilla starting in November 2004 if I recall, but I welcome anyone coming to retail from classic. You can play multiple MMOs at once, I always have.

noticed more people lvling myself,but this could be just for the heritage stuff,even if they dont exist atm we know they are coming eventualy

Doubtful, Especially when character boost are available.

Anyone new getting into retail learns very quickly that the end game is a complete joke of a game.
    - Endless chores
    - Free loot
    - Zoomer mentality
    - Universal class design
    - Scaled PVP Stats
    - Never ending grinds

To be completely honest, retail is just a beefed up mobile game.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    noticed more people lvling myself,but this could be just for the heritage stuff,even if they dont exist atm we know they are coming eventualy
    One of the things that classic brought me to retail was exactly the leveling. I have not much time to grind as hell as i had before, and leveling weapons is really not my thing, so i went lvling a monk. Regardless to say that classic brought me closer to retail atm. I just think it's a pity that the expansion and some aspects of it, and classes are not in it's best peak but that's subjective as well to players opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Exactly this.

Some free loot, highest stuff still needs you to do higher Mythic+ or Mythic raid.

PvP templates are gone if I recall (I don't PvP anymore).

Grinds aren't so much neverending because you can hit ArPower cap and be done pretty much. Allied race unlocks are easy enough that you can get them done in like a week or two now which is a drop in the bucket compared to say the frostsaber grind in classic.

Do think some design philosophy spilling over into next expansion would be cool, maybe a toggle to go into a tougher version of the world with better loot designed around grouping up with other people?? They already said they're planning on unpruning some stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Oh, has a new season started?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    Exactly this.
    Man, mobile games have come a long way then.

10+ Year Old Account

Anyone new getting into retail learns very quickly that the end game is a complete joke of a game.
    - Endless chores
    - Free loot
    - Zoomer mentality
    - Universal class design
    - Scaled PVP Stats
    - Never ending grinds

And anybody coming back to Classic quickly learns:
    - Everything takes super long. Even the most dull thing is incredibely time consuming
    - Loot competition is higher, loot gets stolen more often, gearing is unnecessary complicated
    - People are grinding to 60 just like they are grinding to 120 (dungeon spamming, torch farm etc.)
    - Unbalanced class design, Mages, Warriors, Rogues > Everyone else by a large margin > Paladins
    - Ganking mentality on the more populated PVP servers (PVE are fine in this regard, but they are less populated), leads to frustration, leads to quitting
    - Never ending grinds

To be honest, Classic isn't that good a game. To be even more honest, it's quite bad. Days after hitting 60 I'm not looking forward to basically anything, long dungeons, long travelling times, cant solo any content, constant ganking everywhere and people playing less and less. Its nice to see that WoW subs have tripled thanks to Classic, but Im pretty sure in 2-3 months, retail will have more players than Classic and it will never resurge again. Maybe with TBC. For a while anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Man, mobile games have come a long way then.
    You aren't kidding lol, guy's never played a mobile game I guess. Can't pay 50 bucks to win at the game in WoW either, boosts are just a time saver.

10+ Year Old Account

- Endless chores
    - Free loot
    - Zoomer mentality
    - Universal class design
    - Scaled PVP Stats
    - Never ending grinds

Wow. A really buffed up mobile game then, imagine doing mythic azshara on Mobile or anything resembling it.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

- Endless chores
    - Free loot
    - Zoomer mentality
    - Universal class design
    - Scaled PVP Stats
    - Never ending grinds

You have never played a mobile game have you?

Hell you must have never have played either bfa or classic if you think classic doesn’t have endless chores.

- Endless chores
    - Free loot
    - Zoomer mentality
    - Universal class design
    - Scaled PVP Stats
    - Never ending grinds

You listed things that make the game good

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post

Hell you must have never have played either bfa or classic if you think classic doesn’t have endless chores.
    Why would you take anybody who uses the phrase, "zoomer mentality" seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post

Just a buzzword. Seems Asmongold used it in one of his streams. Now his drones parrot it over and over.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    Exactly this.
    Nothing more accurate has ever been said about retail.

I play it solely for the story at this point. Hopefully 9.0 changes this back to a more mmo rpg focused game than grind fest rng mobile game style design.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Retail still seems dead on my server, though I only visit BFA zones and haven't checked out any leveling zones in ages.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Wow. A really buffed up mobile game then, imagine doing mythic azshara on Mobile or anything resembling it.
    Funny thing is that you’d have an easier time playing classic on mobile as every boss is far less complicated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Just a buzzword. Seems Asmongold used it in one of his streams. Now his drones parrot it over and over.

Ah that makes sense there is never a shortage of parrots on here.