Kinda new to shadow

hey guys as the topic says im kinda new to shadow and i need to know if my gear is okay, do i need to hit a haste cap? reforgeing do i need to change anything glyphs and so on ?

here is my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...teljohn/simple

Go to the guide linked above, it covers a lot of basics. I think it's 2589 for 30% haste in shadowform and you're just short of that (unless you get DI in your raid, in which case you're fine). If you need the haste, switch your boot enchant to 50 haste from Lavawalker. You should not need the movement speed for survival or DPS; you have inner will for a lot of running, and you should be able to master placement and timing without it anyway in any fight, especially if you've been a healer before.

One thing I noticed is that you're amazingly close to hitcap. If you're very uncomfortable dipping below, then stay as you are, but going less than 1% below hitcap (so, as low as 16% hit) will mean you barely ever miss. It IS a preference though, so if you really don't want to do it or don't think you can quickly refresh for a miss, don't worry about it too much. If you don't mind dipping more below hitcap, most of your socket bonuses are not worth it; trading 10 intellect for 20 spirit when you're already close to hitcap. Your prismatic socket in your belt should always have a red gem, not a hybrid gem. Don't be bad.

The reforge on your cloak does nothing but grant an insignificant amount of out-of-combat regen. Spriests do not gain combat regen from spirit. There's no harm in having it (spirit = hit exactly for everyone but humans spriests), but don't bother with it if there's better stats for you to get in any other circumstances.

To reiterate a few things from the guide:
    If you're close to 30% haste and need just a bit more, your stat priorities are
    Int > Haste > Spirit/Hit > Mastery > Crit
    If you're at 30% haste, then
    Int > Spirit/Hit > Mastery >~ Haste > Crit
    And your later values will vary depending on whether you stacked mastery or haste, as well as whether or not you are or need to be hitcapped. You'll have to sim to make sure that's accurate, but it's the most likely order for any given spriest.

Talents: Move one point from Mental Agility to Inner Sanctum. It's increased survivability and you should never have a mana issue in that gear if you're playing correctly.

You may want to switch Major glyphs for more useful ones (you'll use Fade far more often than you will PoM), but they're not necessities. Your Primal glyphs are fine.

If you have a log and questions on how to improve your playing, feel free to link and ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.