need help with spriest

hey there i have a spriest in guild who keeps saying that he's missing stats to be able to pull more dps, while this is a general case, i told him he should still be able to pull at least another 4 to 5k more dps with his current gear, he said its impossible,
    his stats are
    Spell Power 7765
    Haste 12.89%
    Hit +15.35%
    Crit 14.80%

his spec and glyphs: http://wowtal.com/#k=a5FBc0RWB.b0w.priest.qi81UT

he usually pulls around 20 to 23k depending on fight, and i think he should be able to pull around 26 to 28k
    plz correct me if m wrong about him and help where he can improve, noting that he mentioned he needs 2.5% more hit and he needs 31% more haste and he should be doing over 30k dps, personally i dont think with just those 2 stat increase it will make that much more difference, but i have no idea about spriests

Thanks in advance for any help
    Legionnaire Nazgrim yells: Thrall's balls! They're everywhere...

Thanks to Shyama for the lovely signature

Armory link or we won't be able to help you.
    His haste is way to low though and he should probably not be doing much more than 20-23k dps without getting DI, he could, if he is good, range up to 25-26k with DI, but his stats are extreamly bad optimized and I have a hard time to belive he ever will.

WoL would do wonders to!

Deleted
    Raid comp? Does he have DI? Focus magic?

What are you comparing his damage to? Other casters in the raid? They are doing 26-28k?
    Last edited by mmocfcaf95d648; 2011-09-18 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Here's some reforge he can do to improve his gear:
    http://www.wowreforge.com/EU/Talniva...5307--530707--

raid comp does not allow him to have DI no, but he does have focus magic, and m comparing his dps to other spriest mostly, i knw its situational depending on buffs in raids, i just wanted to make sure if he knws his stuff or not

Deleted
    Without a log we can't answer that question.

And why would you give FM to a spriest? I'm pretty sure you have a way better target.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t118084-...0/#post1967583

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    Without a log we can't answer that question.

And why would you give FM to a spriest? I'm pretty sure you have a way better target.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t118084-...0/#post1967583
    according to that list...the spriest is our best option, we dont have a lock and 3rd ranged is me (hunter)

and also here's some logs from our most recent raid

He needs to start picking up gear with hit and haste on in instead of just grabbing items with the highest ilevel, this gear is just a mix together of alot of bad choices.
    I would actually not follow the wowreforge and instead aim on about 12-14% hit and see to it that he/she have haste on every single piece of gear possible and then start picking up gear with hit or haste on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfster View Post
    according to that list...the spriest is our best option, we dont have a lock and 3rd ranged is me (hunter)

and also here's some logs from our most recent raid
    So you only have arcane mage and a shadow priest bringing mdps buffs/debuffs. Your raid is missing numerous mpds raid buffs. A lock alone would probably buff spriest dps by 20%. (8% magical damage taken, DI, 5% crit debuff)

He is doing just fine in that raid comp.

A Spriest benefits a lot from the raid buffs. Haste/Crit/SP really boost a Spriests damage output. Without those certain buffs, they will still pull decent dps, but not as high as they could be.

Deleted
    he need 30% haste 16,50% hit then he is "fine" but he cant get 30% haste because you dont have lock..well anyway he is doing "ok" if he manage to make that kind of numbers..he´s dps will get abit boost when he get 4/5 T12 set too.

I doubt he can pull 26k-28k dps with that stats verry low haste etc anyhow the only thing he can change is the gems
    Head-40 intelect
    Shoulder-40 intelect
    hands- x2 40 intelect
    belt-x2 40 intelect
    feet- 40 intelect ( and lavawalk on feet
    never go for the set bonus only if the set bonus is 20+ intelect (only go for set bonus (10 intelect) if u have 6k or more intelect )

Hope this help
    Last edited by kaelix1; 2011-09-19 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfster View Post
    hey there i have a spriest in guild who keeps saying that he's missing stats to be able to pull more dps
    he usually pulls around 20 to 23k depending on fight, and i think he should be able to pull around 26 to 28k
    Thanks in advance for any help
    No way he is going to pull 26-28k with the type gear he has, DI or not.

He needs better gear to be able to hit numbers like 26-28k

As others have said, he needs better stats on his gear (regardless of ilvl) and an ideal raid comp to pull that kind of DPS. I'm going to assume this is a 10man raid if you really don't have a lock or shaman providing other caster buffs... that or your 25man raid comp royally sucks.

Things he can improve:

He needs to change his enchants on his gloves and boots to haste. Mastery isn't worth as much as he'd like until he's closer to 30% haste in shadowform; he doesn't have the benefit of extra time for MF and VT ticks to proc orbs, which is what our mastery is dependent on.

He needs to get tier 12 gloves. I have no idea why he's bothering with t11 2piece when he's giving up intellect, haste, and spirit/hit by using those 359 gloves.

Until he gets those, the socket bonus for those gloves is not worth it. Socket bonus in the helm isn't worth it. Socket bonus for boots isn't worth it. Socket bonus on the chestpiece is arguable, but unless that 20 haste puts him over the 30% haste mark, not likely to be worth it.

If he doesn't mind being low on hit, he can reforge a lot of things to haste instead of spirit/hit; it'd bring him a lot closer to (but not over) the 30% mark.

He needs to think about what gear he needs/wants. Ilvl is secondary to stats on the gear in his case. I don't have a clue why he got the Coalwalker Sandals instead of the Endless Dream Walkers, but I can only attribute it to not paying attention to detail or not bothering to do research. If you can farm 359 raids or the heroic versions for a better helm and OH, such as the Helm of Eldritch Authority or the heroic Book of Binding Will, do it. They're far better than what he already has.

Raid comp is not his only problem. Paying attention to his gear can still improve his DPS greatly.
    Last edited by Zuziza; 2011-09-20 at 06:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

When I saw his armory, I thought "dang, he has a lot of mastery..."

With a DI buddy, he should be able to hit 30% haste, which isn't an issue in his gear, considering that it's only ~3% more haste through gear.

Also, as said earlier, he needs to get t12 gloves, and if he can get access to it, 4p t12. That should up his dps a nifty morsel.