Deleted

Internet issues.

Hey.

I can't get on internet, haven't for the last hour or two. I'm using Windows 7, I usually get my connection through a pair of powerline adapters, and whenever I try and connect to the internet it tells me I don't have a valid IP or something like that. Thing is, the powerline adapters tell me that there's no internet going through, and the thing is that everyone else in the house (mom, brother) are on the internet from the exact same router as I try and connect to (although without using powerline adapters). This leads me to believe that it's an issue with the adapters, but I cannot seem to fix it. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Thx.

Deleted
    I would guess it's either a wrong in the setup of the adapters or perhaps there's compatibility issues? I don't know much about powerline adapters, so excuse me if I'm completely off

Of course there's the chance of a defect unit, can't you get it tested or return it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    I would guess it's either a wrong in the setup of the adapters or perhaps there's compatibility issues? I don't know much about powerline adapters, so excuse me if I'm completely off

Of course there's the chance of a defect unit, can't you get it tested or return it?
    Worked fine a couple hours ago, but then, poof.
    That error it gave me about invalid IP or something like that... how do I correct that?

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Worked fine a couple hours ago, but then, poof.
    That error it gave me about invalid IP or something like that... how do I correct that?
    You try resetting everything, that's what I do when ever mine goes on the fritz.
    Btw how are you on now?

Probably some work going on at a local internet exchange. (That's my first guess anyway.)

Seeing as you posted on here you obviously have some access to the net. Try find Exchange Status locally, see if any repairs or so are being done.

If that fails ring your ISP, they should be able to tell you what it looks like at their end and sort something out.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If others in your house are working, then it's something on your comp or adapter... reset/reboot everything, also check your ethernet cable (from comp to adapter), sometimes they just fry.

Did you change anything on comp recently?