A little help with pc spec.

Hi.
    I dont know much about pcs. I know how to use it and that kind of stuff ofc but specs and whats good and those things is a blurr to me. So I could use some help from people that know much more.
    I wonder how you guys think BF3 will run on this specc, its self built from christmas 2009 so pretty old now, A little help of what I could improve. Dont get me wrong here, I dont want a rig that can run bf3 on ultra super high overkill speccs but just being able to get a good visual without lagg.

Processor- AMD Athlon II X4 processor (4 cpus)-2,8 GHz
    Grafic-ATI Radeon HD 5700 series (approx total memory -2805 MB)
    memory-4096 RAM
    windows 7 64 bit.

I typed like it says on the speccs page since i dont know whats important and not.

Appriciate help!

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Hmm, it won't run with everything maxed out, but it should be ok for Medium. It won't look spectacular, but it'll be similar quality to something like BC2 or MW2 (Don't turn this into a game vs game flamewar guys). Personally, i'd go with a new Graphics Card at the very least, something like a 560Ti or 570. If you can afford it, upgrading to a 2500K, or an i3-2100 even, would be great, but both would require a new motherboard.

If you've got a budget in mind, let us know and we can no doubt work something out.
    hmm okej, sounds nice. Well Something like (will use pounds since ur from the UK) about 300-400 pounds seems pretty okej to me since I am a student and dont want to put thousends in a new system.

Yea it'll run it but not on high settings.
    Both the cpu and gpu are a bit lacking so you'd need a full overhaul to get high settings.
    If you're fine running games on lower settings then you should be fine with all games for another year or 2.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.