Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I really loved KH1 and KH2, especially KH2 which defined it and made it heaps better then the first game, huge KH fan. It's been 5-6 years since KH2, and Square Enix, I don't know what their doing. You'd think a KH3 would be done / in the works by now, maybe it doesn't do as well in the Japan markets.

Kingdom Hearts does work in the Japan markets though. The point is, that specific team is/was doing other things (focusing on Final Fantasy versusXIII). The problem is that Squenix was pushing that team to make it cross-platform, to boost sales, and team lead has been stalling on a threatened resignation because he doesn't want to sacrifice the quality of his game just to push a higher sales goal.

That's why versusXIII hasn't been seen or heard from in gods know how long. And when they flat out said they aren't going to even start on KH3 until versusXIII comes out, well... that's the way the dice roll.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played every Kingdom Hearts game out there, even the final mix's, I love the series so much.

You can get away with not playing Re:coded and 358/2 days, but Birth By sleep is a must if you wan't to understand all of the aspects and storyline that will come with Kingdom Hearts 3, Birth By sleep just reveals far too much to be missed. However, if you truly don;t have access to the handhelds you can watch the cutscenes for all the games online at this site: http://kh13.com/videos/

Also Kingdom Hearts Dream drop distance looks like it's going to be pretty important to the overall plot, so looks like I gotta go buy a 3DS.

---------- Post added 2011-09-20 at 03:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cingen View Post
    Actually, in the "secret ending" of birth by sleep you find out the letter asks Sora to go save those who are at the foundations of it all, and guess wich 3 characters that may be.. :P
    More than 3 actually, Sora needs to save Namine, Xion, Roxas, Axel, Terra, Ventus and Aqua.

And on another note, to those saying that Kingdom Hearts 3 will come after Dream Drop distance....you may be disapointed, looks like Birth By Sleep Volume 2 will come first, most likely for the Playstation vita

http://kh13.com/videos/bbs/fm-cut/290/
    Last edited by Puck; 2011-09-20 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    More than 3 actually, Sora needs to save Namine, Xion, Roxas, Axel, Terra, Ventus and Aqua.
    Namine and Roxas are already "saved". Their existences are merged into full beings, and they are together with eachother, through Sora and Kairi.

Xion, on the other hand, never really existed. You can't save it. Aqua needs to be found, Ventus' heart needs to come back, and after Xehanort's Nobody and Heartless fell, maybe we can find Terra again.

Axel's dead. Were you meaning maybe we can find Lea alive again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Namine and Roxas are already "saved". Their existences are merged into full beings, and they are together with eachother, through Sora and Kairi.

Xion, on the other hand, never really existed. You can't save it. Aqua needs to be found, Ventus' heart needs to come back, and after Xehanort's Nobody and Heartless fell, maybe we can find Terra again.

Axel's dead. Were you meaning maybe we can find Lea alive again?
    At the end of Re: coded the Data Namine tells Sora and Mickey that he still Needs to mend Roxas, xion, namine and axel. She says that simply awakening the memories inside Sora of Xion and Namine would be enough to fix their Hurt. As For Axel and Roxas, I'm not quite sure why they still need help. Perhaps Roxas still desperatly wants to be his own person?
    Last edited by Puck; 2011-09-20 at 04:05 AM.

This whole story got ridiculous very fast. I still love the series.... but jeez, Nomura, keep it slightly more coherent.

But that would pull an Advent Children, and revert an entire character's emotional development arc (Cloud at the end of FF7 was not the Cloud of AC... STOP BEING EMO YOU FRAKKING TOOL). Roxas accepted who/what he was, and brought himself back into Sora. Him "needing" to be his own person would be going against that entire storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post
    So I'm a big fan of the Kingdom Hearts series. Anyone who is familiar with the series knows that they are taking thier sweet time with coming out with Kingdom Hearts 3.

Problem is I havn't played any of the handheld games. I'm not gonna waste money on a playstation paperweight (PSP) for one game and I don't really have plans to buy a brand new gimmicky 3DS to play 358/2 days, re:coded and Dream Drop Distance.

Is there a chain of stores that rent handhelds out there?
    Are the games that good?
    If I had to choose to get/rent BBS or the DS games what would be better?

Oh and a random query....

What about if I saw an Emu and said "See you later?"
    You don't have to buy a 3DS. The better route would be a DS Lite, which would allow you play both the DS games and the GBA games.

10+ Year Old Account
    But that would pull an Advent Children, and revert an entire character's emotional development arc (Cloud at the end of FF7 was not the Cloud of AC... STOP BEING EMO YOU FRAKKING TOOL). Roxas accepted who/what he was, and brought himself back into Sora. Him "needing" to be his own person would be going against that entire storyline.
    http://youtu.be/xkZKKsUUunM#t=8m11s Proof.

And I wouldn't call it against the storyline just yet, we don't know how or why Roxas still needs help.
    Last edited by Puck; 2011-09-20 at 04:08 AM.

That makes... ugh... why? WHY?!

... Tying a revived Lea into this would make more sense than Axel... but this is gross.

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes... ugh... why? WHY?!

... Tying a revived Lea into this would make more sense than Axel... but this is gross.
    Axel being saved probably will deal with Lea, in Kingdom Hearts when the Heartless and Nobody of a person are destroyed that person comes back into being. So who knows.

Axel being saved probably will deal with Lea, in Kingdom Hearts when the Heartless and Nobody of a person are destroyed that person comes back into being. So who knows.
    And Sora's heartless won his heart back, and his nobody folded into his core being, not only willingly, but supportively as well, and they became the stronger for it (and also kept his vows through that as well).

It makes no sense, at all. How do you "cure" that, without un-writing the events of Kingdom Hearts II?

10+ Year Old Account
    And Sora's heartless won his heart back, and his nobody folded into his core being, not only willingly, but supportively as well, and they became the stronger for it (and also kept his vows through that as well).

It makes no sense, at all. How do you "cure" that, without un-writing the events of Kingdom Hearts II?
    I'm not sure if you're referring to Roxas or Axel, but I'll assume Roxas.

I don't think Roxas went willingly, He was pretty much Lured into a trap by Diz. He only accepted it near the end of the game. I think what Roxas want's is recognition that he existed instead of Sora just herping and derping whenever his nobody is mentioned.

Probably more that the Nobodies rejoined their Somebodies and thought everything would be hunky-dory, until realising it's like living trapped in a room watching someone else use your body. Perhaps there's a way to turn them back into 'Nobodies' since Namine and Roxas appeared to still have emotions, and almost weren't Nobodies (although Namine wasn't even a Nobody since she had no body).

We'll have to see how it goes. I'm looking forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Probably more that the Nobodies rejoined their Somebodies and thought everything would be hunky-dory, until realising it's like living trapped in a room watching someone else use your body. Perhaps there's a way to turn them back into 'Nobodies' since Namine and Roxas appeared to still have emotions, and almost weren't Nobodies (although Namine wasn't even a Nobody since she had no body).

We'll have to see how it goes. I'm looking forward to it.
    Roxas had Emotions because he had a fragment of Ven's Heart inside of him.

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    You don't have to buy a 3DS. The better route would be a DS Lite, which would allow you play both the DS games and the GBA games.
    For Dream Drop Distance it would probably be better to get 3DS, but from peoples replies 365/2 days wasn't that great so looks like I can avoid that fiasco of system hoping for now.

As for the Birth by Sleep I still have the problem of how I should go about playing it without buying the system, playing into the underhanded and downright wrong method of KH game delivery on many systems.

Are there places to rent PSPs?
    Does anyone think they will do the right thing and make a Re:BBS for PS3 (maybe PSN?)
    what about my Emu question? (the bird of coarse....)

I've played most of the games (have both PSP & DS) and the PSP one is better for sure. Unfortunately I don't know of a way to rent a PSP. Some rent-to-own places might still have it, but I kind of doubt it and it would probably still be more spendy than is worth it. Do you know anyone who has one you could borrow? Have any friends or family who play games and might have one without you knowing? Maybe you could find one really cheap on ebay or something (be careful though, make sure it works/is a reputable seller).