Poll: Does it sound fun?

Thread: New MMO

New MMO

Anyone think It'd be cool to have a Mass Effect like MMO? Kind of like wow in the future? Doesn't need really any explaining if you've played Mass Effect.

SW:TOR comes to mind with the WoW in the future comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought a Warcraft 40k game would be kind of cool. Just picturing a Dwarf with a big .50 cal machine gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Beggattron View Post
    I always thought a Warcraft 40k game would be kind of cool. Just picturing a Dwarf with a big .50 cal machine gun.
    well the warcraft/starcraft franchise exists because blizzard couldn't buyout on warhammer 40k... I'd hate to see people calling a warhammer 40k mmo a wow ripoff

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want any game to be like WoW ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    i do more playable orcs and minotaur plz

badass orcs and minotaur to be exact.
    Last edited by Gamonthealmighty; 2011-09-19 at 02:43 AM.

I'd rather have more WoW stuff in its "current" timeline. No need to go too far into the future. If it did, then it would be a completely different game and I hope it wouldn't be under the Warcraft franchise.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

15+ Year Old Account
    only thing i would take from wow to a new mmo is the fluid motion, like character movement and animation.

Here is the problem. It would kill your love for Mass Effect.

Frankly, let us all just come to grips with the fact that WoW is as successful as it is because of how unimpressive it is. The more streamlined and casual it became the worse it got.

You really can't have the easy mode of WoW and a good community base either. It just doesn't work. Frankly, I hope in the future to have 50 mmo titles with 250k-750k subscribers per. Super mass mmos such as WoW have shown how crappy the game gets due to its on success.

THQ is working on a Warhammer 40k MMO. All we really know is that they're working on it, I think I remember they were shooting for a 2013 release date but not positive.

BTW, your forum picture used to be the background on my Zune for the longest time. So adorable.

redit: And if something like this came out, I would want it to be NOTHING like WoW. A game that funnels you through the leveling to end game, not really promoting or rewarding you for alternate playstyles (beyond achievements), and then sets you in the gear hamsterwheel (get wrecked in PvP if you started late and grind PvP gear, grind the same dungeons/raids for PvE gear for months). I've become less and less of a fan of that style of game recently : /

Warhammer 40k™: Dark Millenium Online™. Check it out, googlize it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I tend to agree with this. I'm only excited or interested in MMOs that seek to NOT be like WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagash View Post
    Anyone think It'd be cool to have a Mass Effect like MMO? Kind of like wow in the future? Doesn't need really any explaining if you've played Mass Effect.
    You cannot simply say "kinda like wow in the future" Thats like saying tekken is kinda like GTA you just drive cars..

The big problem, and i dont believe sw:tor will be succesful because of it. Is that in the future atmosphere swords and shields are just not viable. I mean look at SW:tor no shields they all wield friggin lightsabers and laser guns. Its just not the same.

the top priority i have personally when im looking at an mmo is the Adventure sword and shield and magic dungeon and dragons atmosphere.. Why because thats what i want in an MMO. It has room in its design for both creepy dungeon beautiful landscapes and mystical magic..

The future just doesnt im sorry, its all sterile, metallic stuff. And you end up asking yourself why would that guy be wielding a sword or lightsaber when he could be wielding a ranged weapon of mass destruction instead, it is the future the technology is surely there. IT has to make sense within the boundaries of the universe that is created. Future mmo games cannot contain anything but shooter classes.. Look at war in real life how many people use swords and shields ? they sometimes use a gun and a shield. But thats it.

Adventure universe is far superior to the futuristic concept. And its what the people want, that is why dungeons and dragons is still so hugely popular after all these years

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 07:03 AM ----------

I really dont think SW:tor is gonna be a succes, there is proberly gonna be some hardcore SW fans outthere that´ll play it like Star trek online lol ?

The fact that its already so homogenizised(sp wtf) as it is. 80% of the classes look the same from a newbie perspective. They are all wearing ropeish garments and they are all wielding lightsabers. There is one or two classes that doesnt but seriously that is just lack of variaty. They are milking the whole "everyone wants to be a jedi/sith" thing, to the max. And everyone is gonna get sick and tired of lightsabers after 5 hours of watching that rave party im sure of it.

That combined with the lack of atmosphere is gonna kill the game, just like Star wars galaxies died.
    Last edited by Ivpiv; 2011-09-19 at 07:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a Mass Effect MMO has potential. But no way do I want it to be WoW in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv View Post
    You cannot simply say "kinda like wow in the future" Thats like saying tekken is kinda like GTA you just drive cars..

The big problem, and i dont believe sw:tor will be succesful because of it. Is that in the future atmosphere swords and shields are just not viable. I mean look at SW:tor no shields they all wield friggin lightsabers and laser guns. Its just not the same.

the top priority i have personally when im looking at an mmo is the Adventure sword and shield and magic dungeon and dragons atmosphere.. Why because thats what i want in an MMO. It has room in its design for both creepy dungeon beautiful landscapes and mystical magic..

The future just doesnt im sorry, its all sterile, metallic stuff. And you end up asking yourself why would that guy be wielding a sword or lightsaber when he could be wielding a ranged weapon of mass destruction instead, it is the future the technology is surely there. IT has to make sense within the boundaries of the universe that is created. Future mmo games cannot contain anything but shooter classes.. Look at war in real life how many people use swords and shields ? they sometimes use a gun and a shield. But thats it.

Adventure universe is far superior to the futuristic concept. And its what the people want, that is why dungeons and dragons is still so hugely popular after all these years

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 07:03 AM ----------

I really dont think SW:tor is gonna be a succes, there is proberly gonna be some hardcore SW fans outthere that´ll play it like Star trek online lol ?

The fact that its already so homogenizised(sp wtf) as it is. 80% of the classes look the same from a newbie perspective. They are all wearing ropeish garments and they are all wielding lightsabers. There is one or two classes that doesnt but seriously that is just lack of variaty. They are milking the whole "everyone wants to be a jedi/sith" thing, to the max. And everyone is gonna get sick and tired of lightsabers after 5 hours of watching that rave party im sure of it.

That combined with the lack of atmosphere is gonna kill the game, just like Star wars galaxies died.
    To be completely honest it's a matter of preference.
    To me Fantasy games are all the same. Same classes, same dungeons, same landscapes, similar design, same foes and that's because the Fantasy setting is too limited.
    As far game design goes, games like Anarchy online, Neocron, Eve online, Face of mankind, SWG, Planetside, Fallen earth etc. had way more interesting design and they are all different and unique. You simply can not have games like these in a fantasy setting.

Deleted

Google 'Dark millenium Online'

If they make that even 20% as good as Space Marine is for gameplay, I'm migrating my guild

I'd only play a 40K mmo if I could be a Sister of Battle.

Deleted
    There's a Warhammer 40k mmo coming out and ofc SW:TOR...not quite Mass Effect but 2 decent sci fi mmo's to look forward to.

Ok forget the WoW part of it, just a Mass Effect like MMO.

If they ever made a Mass Effect MMO I wouldn't want it to be like WoW at all.
    But I think that it would be neat to see a Mass Effect MMO with Mass Effect gameplay.