Moderator abuse (not a qq post)

There's this thread which I'll link, then edit out for only the mods to see.

1. Someone asked for help finding a certain type of software in the computer section.
    2. A moderator replied and suggested that he pirate the software through torrents, even directing the person where to search.
    3. I point out that it's definitely against forum rules to do so, let alone from a forum mod. Another poster does the same.
    4. Another mod comes along and not only edit's the pirating suggestion, but also goes ahead and deletes my post pointing out the rules, and edits the other person's post referencing it as well. As if it never happened...

This is pretty silly that any normal user here would get a ban, yet if it's a moderator, they'll just get ninja edited and have all evidence erased with no repercussions.

Here's the thread: -edited-
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    happens all the time, i dont really like mmo champion, i just come here for the news

That's pretty low. I've moderated many forums to do with Gaming and Game Level Design before and have never hid any other moderators mistakes...

10+ Year Old Account
    lies.
    10 Chars.

Omg dont! Just dont!

They can read our thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It happens on many forums i'm afraid, but on this forums Ive seen a lot of Moderator's abuse.

INB4 a mode comes in and delete this.

Lots of bad mods on MMO-champ for sure, I'm probably going to get an infraction for this post..LOL

Deleted
    Yes vecks, because as "The patient" you can see all removed posts.

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 07:45 AM ----------

Closed in the next 2-3 pages with no word.

10+ Year Old Account
    PM Sunshine if something a mod did needs to be pointed out to those who can do something about it. She's the one who will take care of it.

Posting on the forums is a no-no.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never discuss these things out public OP, Sunshine and Bibi are the ones you bring this up too

Not the public.

The two will deal with it in a swift manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    PM Sunshine if something a mod did needs to be pointed out to those who can do something about it. She's the one who will take care of it.

Posting on the forums is a no-no.
    Well, there's nothing in the forum rules or FAQs saying to do that, so I just ended up putting it here. It's not like I provided the thread or names of the mods here.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

15+ Year Old Account
    PM me with any mod complaints and I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Well, there's nothing in the forum rules or FAQs saying to do that
    From the FAQ:

Actions taken against a member of the community are not to be discussed in public on the forums. Opinions about specific moderators or moderator actions (locking, deleting threads, etc) are also not to be discussed in posts or threads.

If you have questions, remarks, suggestions or complaints about moderating in general or specific moderators, please contact our website admin through a private message.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-09-19 at 05:57 AM.