Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to admit that 4.3 actually looks to be pretty good.
    I still have an issue with the legendary weapons, since not everyone has a good rogue they can give these daggers to though.
    But yay for caverns of time raid, I love that place. Here's to hoping the new raid won't have as much trash as hyjal!

As usual - nothing asked about PvP and nothing mentioned about PvP. But "PvP is extremely important in WoW and we take it very seriously" - Right....gg

So much obsession with legendaries.

Yes, they're usually powerful and attention-grabbing items but, in the grand scheme of things, how long will you really get the most out of them before they become obsolete? The legendaries that come mid-expansion will at least get a patch or two where they shine and are competitive. In the past, legendaries released at the end of an expansion are great leveling tools for the following expansion, but tend to get the short end of the stick within the expansion they are obtained (see Thori'dal).

Any news about the Brazilian servers and Translation? Blizzard just left us Brazilians in the dark! No one knows about anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalez View Post
    All I see is: "whine whine whine, no legendary for me!!1111!!111!!!!!!".Also: "7 BOSSES?!!!! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS. I WANT ATLEAST 15. MORE CONTENT IS OBV. GONNA BE BETTER THEN GOOD CONTENT."Seriously, this looks like an epic patch, roll a rogue if you want the legendary. And leave if the content isn't enough for you. WoW still puts out more content then other MMO's.
    If I'm not mistaken, Rift have beat them in that.

lol this patch looks like shit, copy pasted boss in the raid pick, only 8 bosses...4 less then ICC? really? We're getting less fucking bosses as the game goes on?

15+ Year Old Account
    the screenshots looks really amazing can't wait for 4.3 to come out

Deleted
    tbh this patch looks awesome, and the "Tier 13 will not be available at all from valor points." is amazing.Sure not a big deal but good thing that they dont let people get tier 13 easily.people whining about legendaries is just stupid tbh.Most people dont get em.

Quote Originally Posted by thelordymir View Post
    lol this patch looks like shit, copy pasted boss in the raid pick, only 8 bosses...4 less then ICC? really? We're getting less fucking bosses as the game goes on?
    You're joking right?

Quote Originally Posted by Himitsu View Post
    Any news about the Brazilian servers and Translation? Blizzard just left us Brazilians in the dark! No one knows about anything!

Go back to Gurubashi and leave us be!!!!!!!!!

Anyways ....that little thing is the well of eternity......that was the well that created the vortex, that shattered the world into 3 continents, that swallowed azshara and the rest of her servants, that was the well the was to bring sargeras and burning legion, clearly blizzard does not read their own books. The well was suppose to be alot bigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHAT THE HELL. Thrall wasn't in the Well of Eternity!!! That was Broxigar!!

Well this looks pretty fucking sick hopefully they don't screw it over and make a raid tier easier than the other =D

Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    I have epics because you need epics to raid.

Legendaries are not required to raid.

Raid leaders are not being forced to take a rogue.

The key is to join a good guild. Make friends with your guild and have a good time raiding with them, and all your worries about silly things like legendaries will disappear.

Having fun and making friends is the best thing in WoW. Avoid crap guilds that would kick a player just to make room for some random rogue they want to earn a legendary for.
    You don't get the point, did you even read ?

The point is a lot of guilds don't even have a rogue and don't want to have one, so there is a legendary which will be complete garbage for a part of the raiding population and imo that's bad design. And legendaries being silly ? there mostly Bis for any class who can use em. if legendaries are silly so are epic and everything else...

This is going to be the best content patch in the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by pallybot View Post
    woot useless legendary. Both our 10mans dont have any rogues. in fact i dont think weve even got a rogue in the guild at all

That's probably one of the problems Bliz is trying to address. Rogues are one of the lowest populated classes being played currently. Putting in legendary for them is one way to get people to play them again.

I'm not saying it's a good reason, but it's a valid reason. The fact of the matter is, melee in most of these fights is harder to play and has less payoff because they fall behind in the meter wars that so many people care about. If you have a melee or just a rogue in your group that tops meters, congrats on having really bad range dps players in your group. I hope you figure out how to not suck.

Outside of pvp there is very little incentive to play a rogue. The truly good rogues out there are fighting tooth and nail to keep up with average players who play different classes. Blizz has acknowledged this. The player base confirms this because so few play them.

I say grats to rogues for the short term perks they get. I cry for them for the long term fixes they need are still not being put in place for fear it will alter pvp balance too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Maak View Post
    People complaining about Tier 13 being available only through The Dragon Soul are actually making me laugh. So you casual people were complaining about gear being so easy to obtain since cleaning the Zandalari instances 7 times a week was enough to gear up as fast as raiding people. I actually love this "back to basis" thing. It'll help distinguish people deserving their gear and people gearing up without deserving the gear (supposedly with the Dragon Soul bosses being some kinda challenge). It was about time this change was made.
    Oh GTFO with your elitist attitude and your "help distinguish people deserving their gear" bullcrap! It's just a game. And unlike you jobless pasty skinned basement dwelling nerds who have too much free time on their hands, I don't have the time to commit myself to hardcore raiding. I pay the monthly subscription fee like. I deserve to see the content just as much as anybody else.
    This is why WoW is failing. They're catering to the minority. AKA, the elitist dickholes who like to stroke their e-peens and AFK in SW and ORG in their full Heroic tier 12 gear!

Quote Originally Posted by stonhinge View Post
    Bah, rogue only. how about some tanky love? Something similar to Atiesh, where there was 4 different versions. Just need 3 different since warrior/paladin would use the same one. Guess I'll have to wait until next expansion.
    Hate to break it to you but they said they're probably never going to make a tanking legendary. It would just cause trouble, if it was 1 handed what about dks and druids? If it had strength and parry what about druids? If it had agility and crit what about warriors, dks and pallys? If it was a shield what about dks and druids? If you could change the stats/hand/weapon requirements on it, then how is it legendary, at best it would be an above average epic. It would just cause way too much bitching and drama.
    Last edited by lKaosll; 2011-09-19 at 04:26 PM.

5 man gear being between normal and heroic firelands?? So are we looking at ~384 gear from heroics? Are my alts going to have to be in full 372 just to queue up? (Hell, my main's ilevel is only 369 in best raiding gear). I'm immensely excited for the 5 mans, I just hope this doesn't cause people to wear copious amounts of PvP gear just to queue. If, on the other hand, this is the case, can we be on the brink of the hardest 5 mans yet to date? I sure hope the normal mode is about zg/za release difficulty and the heroic difficulty just wrecks people for a few weeks. I mean, if raiders only have a handful of bosses to work on, they should probably have something difficult to do outside of it. On a final note, if we want to guess dps requirements, look at about what heroics required for a successful group as we've gone along: ~8k for normal heroics, ~12k for Zg heroics for a gear jump of 13 ilevels. If we go up 2x that in one tier, we could be seeing heroics that require 20k+ dps? It almost feels like a tier of 5 mans was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauwagast View Post
    Oh yes no doubt, I love the looks of the warglaives, and I'm not saying I don't appreciate them, but again just because we've had a chance at getting some legendaries, like Thoridal, we'd only take it for the stats, and not to pew pew ourselves into the top of the dps meters from afar because that was just the way to go when having that bow! Only selfish idiot rogues would take a ranged weapon over a hunter if one was around to use it.

If we have to include vanilla, then I believe I've seen enhancement shammies run around pwning with Sulfuras. With Warglaives, I remember my guilds own enhancement shammy cried that he couldn't use swords, and that's understandable, though he'd have stolen aggro in no time if he'd been able to wield them in TBC.
    Sulfuras is a good point but as I'm ally (and started in bc) makes it a bit of a moot point. I'd love to be able to use swords. Hell I wouldn't care if they said "hey guys, Rogues get orange daggers in 4.3 yeah? but shammys can now wield swords" I'd be straight down BT (obviously they'd have to change it so Shammys can wield them blah blah, this is a fantasy yeah, leave it out) and give Illidan a damn good smack.

Deleted
    Good job Blizzard * applaud * VERY GOOD JOB I LOVE IT ! damn it why did i stop raiding !!!!!!!!! i want to raaaaaaid i loved the game so much ! stupid work ! FU ! *rage*