View Poll Results: Shadowform Keep Old or Want a fresh one?

Voters
89. This poll is closed
  • Keep the Old

15 16.85%
  • Want a Fresh Look

42 47.19%
  • Not Really Bothered

32 35.96%
    Deleted

Shadowform Animation

So as of late u might of seen a post or 2 regarding people wanting a new shadowform, tbh i'd be happy if they gave us a little worgen type transformation, like when they're in human form if they stand still they can shift quite cooly into a worgen, wouldn't mind seeing something similar for SP's, say if we stand still we have the option to see a little channel allowing the shadows to fully engulf our bodies, just something to mix it up a bit after all these years.

Peoples Thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadith View Post
    So as of late u might of seen a post or 2 regarding people wanting a new shadowform, tbh i'd be happy if they gave us a little worgen type transformation, like when they're in human form if they stand still they can shift quite cooly into a worgen, wouldn't mind seeing something similar for SP's, say if we stand still we have the option to see a little channel allowing the shadows to fully engulf our bodies, just something to mix it up a bit after all these years.

Peoples Thoughts?
    Major set back in PvP. Standing around channeling SF, while having a warrior and DK smashing your brains, just cuz you went out of SF for a quick HoT/Heal. Not to talk about the enormous risk of getting locked out your shadow school if you get interrupted/silenced. No, thank you. They can just make it without channeling, and that it only takes that GCD to put it on.

For PvE and RP-purposes, I bet it's quite fun.. But then again, not many are true RPers, and still - putting on that channel in PvE when you just quickly healed yourself, or something, no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
    Major set back in PvP. Standing around channeling SF, while having a warrior and DK smashing your brains, just cuz you went out of SF for a quick HoT/Heal. Not to talk about the enormous risk of getting locked out your shadow school if you get interrupted/silenced. No, thank you. They can just make it without channeling, and that it only takes that GCD to put it on.

For PvE and RP-purposes, I bet it's quite fun.. But then again, not many are true RPers, and still - putting on that channel in PvE when you just quickly healed yourself, or something, no thank you.
    He specifically mentioned that the animation would happen *if the Priest stands still* and *worgen type transformation*. Basically, it'd be instant if you wanted it to.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it still gives the mounts a shadowy look to them, i personally don't care either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post

afaik even the worgen transformation doesnt have a cast time.
    I'd also like to see a new shadow form. Something more classspecific, maybe.

Deleted
    I would already be happy if our mounts would not go into shadowform with us, cause so far I just need one dragon of any type and it could be any color ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SignOfDoom View Post
    afaik even the worgen transformation doesnt have a cast time.
    I'd also like to see a new shadow form. Something more classspecific, maybe.
    More class specific? I didn't know there were other shadow classes wondering around=)

Deleted
    to the few posters that i may not of been as specific to, i do mean like how Worgens can stand still to turn into a worgen from a human or just are 1 if u press the button while moving, just think it would look cooler if u had the option to make it look like its enveloping u in shadows :P

Deleted
    I actually don't mind having shadowform in PVP because I get less attention usually (as I'm obviously not the healer).
    Not particularly bothered about the way it looks, with the orbs around it I think it looks pretty decent. But I know everyone likes different things
    I'm not entirely sure how it would look if they did change it anyway, and you can guarantee if they did change it, that there would be a big post QQ'ing about how bad it looks or something

10+ Year Old Account
    I would'nt mind a new shadowform look, one where we can actually see our gear with the transmog and everything.

And give us a glyph to keep old shadow form for the grumpy "i don't like change" people

Deleted
    but then people would QQ at having to "waste" a minor glyph slot for keeping the old looks :P

Deleted
    Would be neat to have like an shadowy explosion effect when u go into SF, like the Seed of Corruption animation when it explodes.

Deleted
    tbh i would love to shadow form actually only include priest body leaving armour, mount and items untouched would be cool looking effect and something new after so many years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadbus View Post
    tbh i would love to shadow form actually only include priest body leaving armour, mount and items untouched would be cool looking effect and something new after so many years.
    kinda worthless since my transmog gear only shows my eyes and my feet =/

Quote Originally Posted by Backreaper View Post
    I would'nt mind a new shadowform look, one where we can actually see our gear with the transmog and everything.

And give us a glyph to keep old shadow form for the grumpy "i don't like change" people
    Agree as long as there is glyph for old one

Deleted
    I want Shadowform to look diffrently, i like the way it just pops up. somehow

What i would like is for the armor "stand out feature/magic" (for example the flames in T12 shoulders) to change color if shadow form is activated vs current form. For example Holy Gear uses flame, when shadowform is on, flame becomes purple. In case of armor with angel wings (T3), wings become shadowy, etc.

I am too afraid of them trying to make it look better and making it look horrible instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I am too afraid of them trying to make it look better and making it look horrible instead.
    it is actually sad that many have this concern, few years ago no one would have such worries about Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarKxRaideR View Post
    I would already be happy if our mounts would not go into shadowform with us, cause so far I just need one dragon of any type and it could be any color ^^
    Totally agree on that , we already having SF ruining our characters aesthetics why should be ruing the mount aesthetics too?
    But at the end yes i'm kinda afraid too of totally ruining it if they change it, so better safe than sorry in my opinion, just fix the mount SF and we are pretty much settled.