Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You could actually PLAY the freaking game, you whiny bitches. It's not like blizzard forces you to go 12 hours online whilst rooting you character in some remote spot. And i tell you something, there is MORE to WoW then OG/SW and the latest raid instance. What exactly is the problem with being online?
    there's a valor cap, conquest cap, daily quest cap. there's maybe 2-3 hours of activity outside of raid unless you want to..farm for the sake of farming? you can't log on an alt. if you're amused going out and about in the world (which is empty) then go for it.

Well, if you want to be negative for the sake of negativity, there is nothing to add. I gave my best, but you guys don't play to play, you seem to play to whine.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Easy solution, Num lock in a little corner where no one will bother you, go do other stuff, play a different game, read a book ect ect

If you can't raid FL, you can't get Dragonwrath. CHANGE THAT!!
    You... do realize that you only get the first stage daggers after the 12 hour wait, plus the solo challenge, right? The first stage daggers are statless (outside of the damage + a red socket each) and would be replaced by any of the same item level daggers that drop out of the Dragon Soul raid. Upon receiving the first stage daggers, you must collect 50 legendary items from the Dragonsoul Raid. From reading your posts, you seem extremely misguided as to the acquisition of of the Fangs of the Father. It seems that you think that magically after 12 hours, you get handed orange loot. This is not the case. Granted, it takes longer to get the first stage of Dragonwrath, but I'm sure that's because the first stage item actually has some stats. After the 12 hour wait, 50 legendary gem items out of the raid, and so on. You aren't even at the 2nd stage after that. So please, calm yourself, I'm sure these daggers will be just as time consuming and monotonous to get as any of the previous legendaries that required a quest chain.

Quote Originally Posted by kotd View Post
    You... do realize that you only get the first stage daggers after the 12 hour wait, plus the solo challenge, right? The first stage daggers are statless (outside of the damage + a red socket each) and would be replaced by any of the same item level daggers that drop out of the Dragon Soul raid. Upon receiving the first stage daggers, you must collect 50 legendary items from the Dragonsoul Raid. From reading your posts, you seem extremely misguided as to the acquisition of of the Fangs of the Father. It seems that you think that magically after 12 hours, you get handed orange loot. This is not the case. Granted, it takes longer to get the first stage of Dragonwrath, but I'm sure that's because the first stage item actually has some stats. After the 12 hour wait, 50 legendary gem items out of the raid, and so on. You aren't even at the 2nd stage after that. So please, calm yourself, I'm sure these daggers will be just as time consuming and monotonous to get as any of the previous legendaries that required a quest chain.
    Er what? Why are you talking to me?
    -Voltaire
    winning

Well, if you want to be negative for the sake of negativity, there is nothing to add. I gave my best, but you guys don't play to play, you seem to play to whine.
    of course i don't blindly play to play. that's called fanboyism. i've been playing mmos for a long time, that feeling wore off in 2002. in the end this part of the quest is inconsequential and will be completed roughly 12 hrs after i turn in the quest to start it. set a timer, afk, space bar occasionally, done. gone like a fart in the wind. that's how pathetic it will be, how little thought they put into it, and it could be much more involved for a rogue only quest chain.

Not to forget how little thought you put into it.
    -Voltaire
    winning

lol, well your personal attacks aside, why don't you shed some light on the wonderful activities you have planned for 12 hours straight? i mean you are literally trying to berate me for lacking the gusto to sit on WoW for 12 hours "enjoying" the game. i'd like to know the thought process you took to arrive at the conclusion that this was a brilliant quest design by blizzard, no, a masterpiece! rather than a lazy, forgettable filler.
    Last edited by Gentlepenguin; 2011-10-23 at 12:09 AM.

I never said it was wonderful quest design. Nor did i attack anyone personal. I don't even know you personal. All i am trying to say is, being upset about being forced to log into a game where you want a shiny new item for is irrational. The very reward at the end forces you to login to use, to look at, to brag with. Unless you are content with armory masturbation. It's not blizzard's problem that the modern endgame nerd has no use for a mmorpg besides raiding.
    me personally, i'm going to play 12 hours. most likely not in one session, but that was never asked for. you do not even have to finish the quest asap, because blizzard's not mind controlling you.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    of course i don't blindly play to play. that's called fanboyism. i've been playing mmos for a long time, that feeling wore off in 2002. in the end this part of the quest is inconsequential and will be completed roughly 12 hrs after i turn in the quest to start it. set a timer, afk, space bar occasionally, done. gone like a fart in the wind. that's how pathetic it will be, how little thought they put into it, and it could be much more involved for a rogue only quest chain.
    Why is it that it looks like majority of people think the quest ends after the 12 hour wait part? It's just the beginning! Not to mention, you're forgetting the nifty solo rogue stuffs and neat lore behind the quests. I, having completing the first stage on the PTR (made a video too!) found the quest to be quite fun once you've done the nitty gritty AFK grind (I did it all in one session, just alt-tabbing every now and then whilst playing on live realms). Once that section is over, I don't know what to expect, as I need 50 legendary gem things from the dragon soul raid. Which I'm assuming will take a number of lockouts to complete.

PEOPLE, YOU DO NOT GET LEGENDARIES AFTER THE 12HOUR AFK PART, YOU GET THE FIRST (OF 3) STAGE DAGGERS THAT HAVE NO STATS (other than weapon damage and a red gem slot on each)

Quote Originally Posted by kotd View Post
    Why is it that it looks like majority of people think the quest ends after the 12 hour wait part?
    because you either aren't reading very well or reading selectively. no one thinks that. you're the only one so far that has even mentioned anything like it.

Deleted
    would you get logged out if you stood in SW auto attacking a trainning dummy ? if not , thats the best way i can think of staying logged in for 12 hours straight

Quote Originally Posted by Rizo View Post
    would you get logged out if you stood in SW auto attacking a trainning dummy ? if not , thats the best way i can think of staying logged in for 12 hours straight
    Yes, there is no way to stay logged in for 12 hours without keyboard input/breaking ToS. You just have to tough it out.

Wait, you need to stay logged in for 12 consecutive hours? I didn't think that was a requirement. If its not consecutive, I don't see what the problem is... people with less time just need a couple of extra days. Time investment has generally been a requirement for gear since vanilla, and the more you (and your guild) can invest the faster you generally get the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Wait, you need to stay logged in for 12 consecutive hours? I didn't think that was a requirement. If its not consecutive, I don't see what the problem is... people with less time just need a couple of extra days. Time investment has generally been a requirement for gear since vanilla, and the more you (and your guild) can invest the faster you generally get the gear.
    Yea, just confirming it's not 12 consecutive hours.

Also, did anyone else fail to think that Sap wouldn't work on the Gilneas stealth mission? When I did the quest for the first time without Sap, it was a lot more fun though than the time with Sap. Actually finding save spots, distracting and sneaking around made me feel like a rogue for the first time in a very long time. You should try it without Sap and have some fun!

You need to press one button every hour. That's not exactly hard. And even if it was, 12 Hours gametime wait for a freaking legendary is laughable. What's next? orange loot from the justice vendor?
    I think this is what everyone is referring to. He is referencing that after 12 hours you are given a legendary. This is first stage daggers, that won't even be used by most of the rogue community because it's over 1k dps loss per dagger compared to T12. Those daggers are only useful I'd assume to T11 normal / ZG/ZA rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zik3l View Post
    I think this is what everyone is referring to. He is referencing that after 12 hours you are given a legendary. This is first stage daggers, that won't even be used by most of the rogue community because it's over 1k dps loss per dagger compared to T12. Those daggers are only useful I'd assume to T11 normal / ZG/ZA rogues.
    Um, they are 397 weapons. I'm pretty sure they are intended to have stats, just as was with the staff when stuff started coming out, they haven't finalized them. The only way I could see them not being an upgrade is if you already have a DS weapon or you are combat and the first stage doesn't have whatever feature they intend to add so combat can use daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Um, they are 397 weapons. I'm pretty sure they are intended to have stats, just as was with the staff when stuff started coming out, they haven't finalized them. The only way I could see them not being an upgrade is if you already have a DS weapon or you are combat and the first stage doesn't have whatever feature they intend to add so combat can use daggers.
    It's speculation as to if they will have stats or not. They are described in the quest as 'empty'. If they do have the stats of a 397 wep they will 100% be upgrades, but as it stands with them being statless and there being very minimal effort to achieve the first stage (in the way of raiding at least), I wouldn't assume they will have stats.

My previous statement is based on what is currently on the PTR, and we have to take that as closer to truth than guesses that they will have stats. Let alone what stats they will be.
    Go put some pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zik3l View Post
    It's speculation as to if they will have stats or not. They are described in the quest as 'empty'. If they do have the stats of a 397 wep they will 100% be upgrades, but as it stands with them being statless and there being very minimal effort to achieve the first stage (in the way of raiding at least), I wouldn't assume they will have stats.
    The fact that they *are* item level 397 and *are* equippable leaves it to logic that they are, in fact, incomplete. Item level isn't just a random number tacked onto a usable item, it's a measurement.
    I can't break it down for you individually because I do not know the current values stat-by-stat, but the number is an aggregate combination of stat values on the item. Not based on the 'worth' of the stat to a particular class (as in, they're not EPs), but off of preset values for different stats and types of stats, and set proc values.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Item_level#Ca...ing_Item_Level

The 'empty' quote more than likely refers to the fact that they're simply plain and are not embellished with legendary-status yet. You shouldn't really take NPC quotes literally on things like this, since from a lore-perspective stats aren't really even on weapons. That's a game mechanic. It's unlikely the NPC is telling you "here's an item that doesn't have stats", because that kind of breaks the fourth wall.

My previous statement is based on what is currently on the PTR, and we have to take that as closer to truth than guesses that they will have stats. Let alone what stats they will be.
    One should *always* take the state of the PTR with a grain of salt. Especially in regards to content that isn't finished yet. If the daggers have gem slots, it's pretty unlikely they plan to leave them entirely statless. If they *were* intended to be entirely statless, they'd more than likely not even be equippable.

Well we will have to see All I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if they are statless, obviously being statless on the PTR at the moment, it is easier to base our theorizing around this rather than the potential weights of a 397 item. If they are stat'd then they would be some pretty awesome daggers for starter rogues. 10,000g and the first 3 bosses of DS and here are your T1 DS weps.

I realize that the ilevel is the weight of stats that the item has, and can see your point, but I wouldn't assume just because they are a certain iLevel, they have to have stats. Blizzard may even be doing this to quell some of the QQing on rogue only legendaries "well the first stage is pretty much useless!"

Who knows! It's PTR, it could swing either way, and either way it won't be game breaking. But the previous point of that original quote, was that these are the daggers being handed out after the 12 hour wait questline. Not the legendaries.
    Go put some pants on.