Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Legendary Dagger Theorisation

Theorised Legendary dagger stats based on Ilevel and generic upgrade information from previous raid instances + currently datamined deathwing loot. (Sockets most likely wrong. Possibly just the 1 socket. Also equip stat values might be abit off.)

Fang1:
    Soulbound
    Main Hand Dagger
    1132 – 1699 Damage Speed 1.80
    (786.3 DPS)
    +249 Agility
    +373 Stamina
    Red Socket x 3
    SB +10 Agility
    Durability 80/80
    Ilevel 416
    +145 Crit
    +139 Haste
    +139 Hit
    45% Damage SS, MG, RS

Fang2:
    Soulbound
    Off-Hand Dagger
    768 – 1434 Damage Speed 1.40
    (786.3 DPS)
    +249 Agility
    +373 Stamina
    Red Socket x 3
    SB +10 Agility
    Durability 80/80
    Ilevel 416
    +139 Mastery
    +143 Haste
    +140 Expertise

Set Bonus – CoH 17 Agility Per Stack. Stacks up to 50 times. Past 30 Stacks chance to trigger Fury of the Destroyer. Grants 5 CP's + All Finishers generate 5 CP's.

I figured some of you guys might want to know that there is currently no difference between heroic and normal mode kills regarding the legendary drops.

10m will drop 1 elementium gem cluster (equals 4-8 shadowy gems [only 5-6 confirmed myself]) per boss and 25m will drop 2 elementium gem clusters.

Of course this may be changed on live servers but knowing Blizzard this might as well go live.
    Last edited by Ashvael; 2011-11-04 at 02:23 AM.

I saw a post saying you can do the LFR kill 1 boss and you will get 2 Elementium gem cluster's. So... Assuming that then it looks we will be using the LFR

Deleted
    I've had a 7 gems once in a crystal so the 4-8 might be right.

It looks like they changed the daggers. They took off the the boast to MG damage. I will post a screen shot of it in a little bit.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 05:30 AM ----------

http://imageshack.us/f/507/wowscrnshot110411012813.jpg/ heres the image.
    Last edited by RogueDurr; 2011-11-04 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueDurr View Post
    It looks like they changed the daggers. They took off the the boast to MG damage. I will post a screen shot of it in a little bit.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 05:30 AM ----------

http://imageshack.us/f/507/wowscrnshot110411012813.jpg/ heres the image.
    Probably due to huge proc amount, scaling with mastery it would have provided a too big increas for combat.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Question: is it only me or has the difficulty of the "Assassinate Creed"-quest been increased by quite a bit, not the boss itself but after looking at several youtube vids, I have a LOT more guards in Gilneas now then there was before. Areas that was almost empty before are now thick with guards.

So if anyone has done the later version of this quest, have you found a working path to reach Creed?

about to do it on another copy, so will see. still got 7 hrs left of charging to do though.

Deleted
    Oh and about the charging, it seems like it charges when you're logged out aswell now.
    I had 3 hours left on my ring, changed race (duh removed the quest and had to start over), so it was 12 hours left and I was like "meh I cba spending so much time just hanging around again", but during wednesday when my guild were going for PTR testing the ring had finished charging.

With the loss in MG damage from the daggers, won't it be a rather large loss in damage for combat? Added the loss of Instant poison and KS loss already.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Probably due to huge proc amount, scaling with mastery it would have provided a too big increas for combat.
    I did some pull on LFR Ultra with the change, and MG damage is in the toilet. Its below DP and just above burning wounds. Or its damage it totally crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    Question: is it only me or has the difficulty of the "Assassinate Creed"-quest been increased by quite a bit, not the boss itself but after looking at several youtube vids, I have a LOT more guards in Gilneas now then there was before. Areas that was almost empty before are now thick with guards.

So if anyone has done the later version of this quest, have you found a working path to reach Creed?
    My last time doing it I managed to find a nearly unguarded pathway to him. Requires going all the way around the military district somewhat, but the back side of it is mostly unguarded. I think I only had to get past 3 or 4 the way I found. I'm not sure if thats intentional or not, but it could explain the additional guards. Maze of sorts.

Regarding the Main Gauche losing the buff, I can kind of understand why. Looking back up at my screenshot from testing it with autoattacks the other day, that's without +mastery or anything and merely autoattacks. I can certainly see how it would have gotten out of hand in a normal scenario. I don't think it will stay at no buff to it at all, though, they probably just haven't decided on a new ballpark for it yet. Then again, all it really needs to do is offset the damage loss in KS to really be worth it since RB interaction still makes the final proc very, very good.
    Last edited by akteliae; 2011-11-04 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leitka View Post
    My last time doing it I managed to find a nearly unguarded pathway to him. Requires going all the way around the military district somewhat, but the back side of it is mostly unguarded. I think I only had to get past 3 or 4 the way I found. I'm not sure if thats intentional or not, but it could explain the additional guards. Maze of sorts.

Regarding the Main Gauche losing the buff, I can kind of understand why. Looking back up at my screenshot from testing it with autoattacks the other day, that's without +mastery or anything and merely autoattacks. I can certainly see how it would have gotten out of hand in a normal scenario. I don't think it will stay at no buff to it at all, though, they probably just haven't decided on a new ballpark for it yet. Then again, all it really needs to do is offset the damage loss in KS to really be worth it since RB interaction still makes the final proc very, very good.
    I see your point on it perhaps getting out of hand, though it would have to offset not just lack of KS damage but alot of Instant poison procs too going from a 2.6 down to a 1.8 speed MH. Do you think there is a chance the finished daggers will have a difference in speed to the starter ones, as most melee legendaries have usually had a slower speed than normal weapons e.g Warglaives, Shadowmourne ect.

As for the RB interaction, I guess nothing can really be said yet until the final versions of the daggers are available to see whether or not there is any increased chance of proccing the agility stacks as it goes up stages, and to see how many of those free combo point moments in a boss fight. But again, thats assuming that the finished product will work with RB, hopefully it will.

Quote Originally Posted by orderofmaken View Post
    With the loss in MG damage from the daggers, won't it be a rather large loss in damage for combat? Added the loss of Instant poison and KS loss already.
    The removal of +45% MG damage will work out to be something like a 3-5% decrease of total damage. This change in addition to the damage loss from KS and less IP damage from special attacks will make using Stage 1/2 Daggers as Combat non-competitive. Chances are this is a reflection of how powerful the legendary proc will be for Combat. But if things stay like this then Combat will not use Stage 1/2 Daggers.

old path still works, the problem is they seem to have added (or bugged) some areas where you're just flat out removed from stealth. you can still vanish without getting sent back. i make it to the river and sprint vanish to creed through all the mobs.

i can also confirm being logged off still charges the ring because i fell asleep around 5-6 hrs remaining and it was charged when i logged in.

Buffing MG is not necessary. Buffing Killing spree is something they should do.

Here is my reasoning:

Let's say the rogue has 25,000 attack power, this would put the stage 1 dagger damage range at 4043-4756 at 1.8 swing time.
    Let's also say the rogue has 12.50 mastery for a 25% chance of getting a main gauche attack. The MG attack will hit for 3864-4577. Since it will happen 25% of the time, it effectively increases MH damage to 5454, or 3030 dps.

Let's say now we have an axe and give the axe the same treatment. I just did the math myself and found that it's 3020 dps. Buffing MG damage by 45% is rather huge because you can think of MG as a dps modifier to main hand attacks. Because it is a fixed chance on hit, it hits more often for lesser amounts on a faster weapon--just like autoattacks.

Because killing spree is a fixed number of attacks per time frame, regardless of swing speed, it needs to be buffed by weighted blades, imo.

Deleted
    It felt crap do get beaten by an Assassination Rogue with alittle less gear than me with the daggers and beat me with 4k DPS after they removed the MG buff. The MG buff was good enough to weight up the IP and KS loss imo

Any step by step guide for Legendaries? Over stage 1?

They would make it easier by just changing the speed of the dagger to 2.6 if you are Combat Specced(if that's even possible).

Quote Originally Posted by Callandry View Post
    They would make it easier by just changing the speed of the dagger to 2.6 if you are Combat Specced(if that's even possible).
    This has been suggested probably over a dozen times in various threads, and it as always completely fails to fix the problem. Focus on the weapon type, not the speed. The weighted blades was not intended to really counter out the speed difference but the weapon type difference.