Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hi,
    everyone is saying there will be no DPS loss with combat because of the 45% more damage for SS and RS.
    But what about the proc of IP on Mainhand? Only because of the 1,8 speed (down from 2,6) there will be a proc loss about 15% for IP, because of the PPM!?

I also didn't find anything where this topic is mentioned.
    Do anyone have some information about it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    I don't think he got better so much as a Rogue using 378 daggers is never going to come close to a Rogue dual wielding 391 daggers (even with the -180 resilience loss). I think this may be magnified in 4.3 with arena weapons only being item level 397, and Legendaries likely being closer to item level 420+.

The lack of raiders in the upper brackets will probably make this a complete non-issue at the end game of PVP, but I imagine that the lower ratings will be terrorized by these Legendary daggers with players eager to try them out in the Arenas. After all almost any comp can tunnel their way to 2200 while utilizing very little CC and relying solely on BURST DPS and a Smoke Bomb.

Either way I'm not concerned about it at all as long as the Rogue class isn't nerfed to compensate for this.
    Very true.

I can't deny that our first legendary staff user went straight into arena after getting it, and I will most likely mess around in arena as well if I get the daggers. Either way only time will tell how much of an impact those daggers are going to have on arena.

EDIT:
    To the post above mine, I thought Instant Poison was normalized. That means it will always have the same proc per minute no matter what weapon or attack speed your weapon has.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is indeed normalized, so it doesn't matter whether you have a 2.6 MH or a 1.8 MH, the PPM will still be the same.

Deleted
    So this is not true?
    The chance of applying a PPM poison is normalized to a 1.4 weapon speed:
    PPM = Base Proc Rate * 60 / Weapon Speed = 0.20p/hit * 60s/min / 1.4s/hit = 8.57 p/min

After normalization, slow weapons will have a higher PPH rate than fast ones. Working backwards:
    PPH (for a 2.8 weapon) = Normalized Proc Rate * Weapon Speed / 60 = 8.57p/min * 2.8s/hit / 60s/min = 40% proc/hit
    A 2.6 weapon would have 37,x% and a 1.8 would have 25.71%

Or do I mess anything, or is it outdated?

10+ Year Old Account
    That is indeed true, the mechanic is normalized around 1.4 speed. But, slightly correcting what I said before, the PPM is AROUND THE SAME with both. The percentual numbers are misleading in the way that you don't seem to consider that the 2.6 weapon swings slower, so it of course needs to have a higher PPH (proc per hit), to make up for the swing time compared to a 1.8 speed weapon, which hits faster, but procs less often, resulting in an almost equal PPM. (2.6 weapons hit approx. 23 times per minute with a 37.x% proc rate compared to approx. 33.33 hits per minute for a 1.8 speed weapon with a 25.71% proc chance)

Besides, the numbers you wrote there below the quote are PPH numbers, not PPM numbers.
    Last edited by Tekloth; 2011-11-17 at 11:18 AM.

Deleted
    Arg, now I see... messed it up.
    Ok I'm glad theres everything allright with it, thanks!

Deleted
    Am I right in understanding that the rogues legendary proc is the worst of all legendary procs to date when looking ONLY at the time needed to make it proc.

T12 staff took rng to proc but im sure it was under 60 seconds
    t10 axe proc was again under 60 seconds, you only needed 8? shards
    t8 was pretty much on the same proc rate as t7

t13 on the other hands requires 30 stacks before the proc can start procing. And the time it take to get them 30 stacks I was lead to believe is not 30 auto attacks, a lot more then that.

My point is people crying about rogues in arena, If the fight lasts long enough for them to get the to get the stacks....

As the above poster said. the time frame looks about fair. 7 weeks for 25 and 14 for 10. This way it does balance out around the right number based on the amount of loot that drops.

If it was 7 weeks for 10 and 7 weeks for 25. most guilds would just run 10mans until they got their dagger as you can get 2 rogues in 2 10mans over 1 rogue in a 25man.

Deleted
    Maybe fair for Raid sizes but most 10mans wont have a dagger for Progress i dont think thats fair. Do People even realize what 14weeks(or whatever it maybe is with heroics) are ? Almost 4 Months ... by that Time we probably playing MoP beta already. They realy need to work on this it just sucks

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    Maybe fair for Raid sizes but most 10mans wont have a dagger for Progress i dont think thats fair. Do People even realize what 14weeks(or whatever it maybe is with heroics) are ? Almost 4 Months ... by that Time we probably playing MoP beta already. They realy need to work on this it just sucks
    People like you have very small understanding skill. We have already a bleeding death of 25man guilds due to the merging of lockout/achiviements/loot. if legendaries would be done also in the same time, there would be literally no reason at all to do 25 man. It would be on the contrary more rewarding to do 10man, since you can run 2/3 groups together.

If you want more legendaries, go 25man. If you're not able to get a full organized group, you're lacking the skill to do so.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Another question about the PPM and PPH depending IP:
    What about SS, RS and Main Gache? They all give a chance to have IP proc.
    So the PPH is with a slow weapon about 37% with SS, RS, Main Gache.
    With the mainhand dagger it will be 25% for those spells.
    And you can't count the PPM for SS because it has always the same energycost, regardless of weaponspeed.

How this would work with the daggers? Isn't there a loss?
    Last edited by mmoc127356ef19; 2011-11-17 at 12:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    People like you have very small understanding skill. We have already a bleeding death of 25man guilds due to the merging of lockout/achiviements/loot. if legendaries would be done also in the same time, there would be literally no reason at all to do 25 man. It would be on the contrary more rewarding to do 10man, since you can run 2/3 groups together.

If you want more legendaries, go 25man. If you're not able to get a full organized group, you're lacking the skill to do so.
    funny how you know nothing about me but posting all this crap. should i giev it a try too,but i guess i dont wanna get banned, since everything today is considered trolling :/.

Last Raid Blizzard wants to Push Addon faster 10man needs 4months, Yeah HF with another "Legendary-Bow" 10man raiders.

Deleted
    In a 25 raid there is more than 1 rogue looking for the daggers how many rogues do you have on a 10man?

Deleted
    If you got 1 Rogue in your 10 man group and he got to wait 14 weeks, then its fair enough, my guild in the other hand got 3 Rogues and it will take longer than 14 weeks before everyone of us got legendaries. The ratio is fair enough as Coldkill said, there wouldnt be any reason at all to play 25 man if the ratio was the same (apart from the more challenging part of 25 man)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hawke1221 View Post
    Another question about the PPM and PPH depending IP:
    What about SS, RS and Main Gache? They all give a chance to have IP proc.
    So the PPH is with a slow weapon about 37% with SS, RS, Main Gache.
    With the mainhand dagger it will be 25% for those spells.
    And you can't count the PPM for SS because it has always the same energycost, regardless of weaponspeed.

How this would work with the daggers? Isn't there a loss?
    Someone knows?

Deleted
    Uh.. I know my English isnt the best but still ur missing what i said.. I said for Raid sizes its fine(or maybe :>) but its still unfair since 10man wont have atleast 1 for Progression, And thats why i think Blizzard has to change something in the Future.You got a Problem with that ? I dont care its just my Opinion

Uh.. I know my English isnt the best but still ur missing what i said.. I said for Raid sizes its fine(or maybe :>) but its still unfair since 10man wont have atleast 1 for Progression, And thats why i think Blizzard has to change something in the Future.You got a Problem with that ? I dont care its just my Opinion

Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and ALL stink. And on top of that: nobody forces you to raid 10man. Just get a 25man raid and reap the rewards and legendaries like on crack.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

The problem isn't more legendaries in 25 man, its that 10 man cannot get them during progression. To make it fair 25 mans should get 2-3 legendaries at week 14, and none before that.

Many apologies if this has been asked before. I tried a cursory search and came up with nothing but didn't want to start a new thread.

Quick background: I run in a 10m casual guild as an ele sham. For 4.3 the guild was looking for someone to go rogue to benefit from at least the Stage 1 daggers if not better. I got elected to switch. My rogue should be 378'd w/ T12 4pc by the time 4.3 hits, minus the weapons unless I get some luck.

My question: We don't raid Tuesdays. Assuming servers are up and all that when 4.3 is released; Is it conceivable that I can get into another guilds instance that has the first 3 down, pick-pocket Hagra, and finish the Stage 1 quest chain by Wednesday and still raid with guild?

I've always been a little wonky on lockout tricks but so long as I don't kill anything (and nobody will be doing heroics yet) I shouldn't get saved just for entering right?

After that it's 12 hours, 10k gold, and a few tricky quests yes?

TL;DR: Can you get Stage 1 daggers without getting saved?

EDIT: My apologies. I could use Search Thread after logging in. It looks like you'd need to at least have the guild who's lockout you're borrowing clear trash right?
    Last edited by nynaeve; 2011-11-17 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Found the "Search Thread" button

The most sensible approach would be to allow 25 mans to build more than one at a time (say, two) and *slightly faster* (say, two weeks earlier), rather than much faster and one at a time equally. You'd maintain a much nearer completion ratio that way between the two formats.
    That could easily be done already with the way the gem cluster drops work on 25 (two containers rather than one), but since they're not *forcing* that of course most guilds will build a single legendary at a time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitka View Post
    The most sensible approach would be to allow 25 mans to build more than one at a time (say, two) and *slightly faster* (say, two weeks earlier), rather than much faster and one at a time equally. You'd maintain a much nearer completion ratio that way between the two formats.
    That could easily be done already with the way the gem cluster drops work on 25 (two containers rather than one), but since they're not *forcing* that of course most guilds will build a single legendary at a time.
    Sounds like the best option to me. I raid 10man and I don't want to feel like the daggers are going to be useful for maybe heroic DW only just because I choose to raid 10m. I really hope i'll get to USE them for at least 2months or something before MoP is here :P
    Last edited by mmoc2d803c6821; 2011-11-17 at 10:37 PM.