Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I answer with ridiculous pictures to ridiculous claims

Quote Originally Posted by randomdonk View Post
    - Many people stockpiled this ore already and im sure some of them will actually quit of the game just because of this.
    "no beards on female dwarves = ruined roleplay experience"

10+ Year Old Account
    - What if the uncut gems drop from the new raid, and JCs can just buy the epic receipes so you have to use them anyway?

- What if there is a rare chance to get these epic gems from prospecting and/or mining, too, like a 2 or 5% chance?

This is exactly why I didn't stockpile pyrite. :P

Id be only worried if they wouldnt up the stats on JC gems to make them superior by proper %, which they will. So no worries there.
    And @ the ppl quitting over pyrite not prospecitng... lol... I stopped stacking those ages ago and got rid of em.
    They most likely will make those drop from pyrite in 4.3.1-2/4.4 so w/e.

I don't know anything about the new epic gems, if JC tokens will be useful, or what will happen to profession perks.

I do know a ton of people said burning crusade was better, and they adopted the epic gems dropping from raids from that expansion. at least in that respect it sounds like they're listening to what people want, and trying to infuse cata with some burning crusade content or play style. for that I can't blame them. people are usually resistant to change, and in wotlk you could basically get free epic gems, so its harder in 4.3. people will get used to it, and epic gems will be epic again.

Quote Originally Posted by Revrant View Post
    Let me put this in terms you can understand.

Nopony liked the TBC system, everypony hated it, and if anypony is worth her weight in apples she knows it'll hurt the game for alottaponies!
    Bwahahaha!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbasawrus View Post
    This is exactly why I didn't stockpile pyrite. :P
    I only stock piled what I found whilst mining. I like the shinies sitting in my bank!

I am not fussed about this, you will still need a jc to cut them <3
    I love you forever and ever and then some times two

You played the stock market and lost.
    You thought the price of pyrite would rise, so you hoarded it. It cost you x time.
    Pyrite's price is not rising, so you spent all of your time for nothing and now you're crying because Blizzard isn't catering to your decision?
    Do people even try to like the game anymore, or does everyone find any little excuse to cry endlessly?
    Engineers don't even have dailies...and it's basically a useless profession I refuse to drop because I like the idea of it, and its potential.

Maybe you should talk to engineers, because we haven't been doing much for a long time. Oh what a great 359 helmet...oh wait, last patch made that useless. Learn to WoW.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2011-09-19 at 12:18 PM.

Someone stockpiled Pyrite like crazy and now is pissed. =)

I'm a JC and a raider. Having access to gems non-raiders can't have is an awesome thing, because it's more money in my pocket and less competition.

If somebody is threatening to quit because they spent hours flying round in circles looking for shiny gold nodes on the assumption that 1. Epic gems were definitely coming in 4.3 and 2. They would be prospectable from Pyrite then they didn't think this through at all.

I personally know 5 other JCs on my server that stocked up to some extent - all of us knew there was a chance that Blizzard would want to stop the AH from being flooded with Epic Gems on patch day and none of us are complaining about this now. It was an obvious risk that we'd get stuck with a bunch of ore we can't shift for a decent profit.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as gems drop uncutted then it's fine, but if they drop cutted (i doubt so as it makes no sense at all) then why would you bother having JC? Still, gems dropping are a real shame for JC itself, it mean we won't have anything to do with our proffesion, at least it ends up working as BC epic gems, where we could only have them from the HS raid afterall, sure in veins, but only from the raid and JC had a meaning still.

Serves you right for pissing me off trying to do truegold transmutes for the last few months. Never any pyrite to buy on the AH and when it was I think lowest ive seen them go was 13g a bar but right up to 50g a bar. Lucky its so abundant for my miners when I can be bothered to go farming/cheap to do the transmute from ele to pyrite etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revrant View Post
    Let me put this in terms you can understand.

Nopony liked the TBC system, everypony hated it, and if anypony is worth her weight in apples she knows it'll hurt the game for alottaponies!
    Well I liked it a lot and so did my guild. You raid, you get the gems, you don't raid, you don't get the gems. Why would a non raider need the gems then? To shine more while afking in Shatt?

Deleted
    - Many people stockpiled this ore already and im sure some of them will actually quit of the game just because of this.
    Anyone who spent a lot of gold on pyrite ore did what is called speculation, you take a risk on the chance of earning more gold. Anyone who does this should do it with the massive great big warning "You may lose out". If you're not willing to take some losses if you make a bad judgement; don't speculate on possible features that haven't been announced yet. If anyone quits the game because they lost out when wildly speculating on future profits, they weren't cut out for playing the WoW economy.

- Jewelcrafting will now be pretty useless profession. So 4.3 will hit servers u will by epic gems recipes and if u dont raid well u just wasted your tokens.
    Also if the recipes drop from raid and not buyable by tokens WHat was the point of the JC DAILY again?.
    Plenty of people still need blue gems. You could get epic gems in wotlk long before ToC from the fishing dailies (and these were boe too), but it did not ruin the profession for Jcers by any means. The JC daily can still net you gold by buying chimera eyes; it's like the cooking daily - I was done with all my cooking recipes 6 months ago - when you're done collecting tokens just don't do the daily, it's still useful for some.

- Blacksmithing will now be the best raiding profession and im sure many hardcore raiders will just choose that one, while JC Will be the worst proffesion because chimeara eyes wont boost you as much as other proffesions. (or they will make new chimeara eyes buyable for tokens = slap in the face for being JC).
    It's still early days, if it became a situation where JCers felt "forced" to drop their prof for BS for the raiding bonuses; they would probably tweak the chimera's eyes - a very easy thing for them to do if they feel it's needed for balance. The interview does specifically say that epic gems will be a small bonus only.

- Epic gems initially will be insanely expensive while some blue gems one my servers are already at 2-4 gold ?????????????.
    And? Everything is insanely expensive at release... I don't see what that has to do with anything (if they're even BoE, which we don't know yet).

- Pyrite ore for its rareness doesnt have much use in the game they only real use if for ebonsteel belt buckles which im sure the price will drop a lot now making it unprofitable.
    Pyrite ore is used fora few things, including the ebonsteel belt buckles, shield spike, weapon chain and truegold - and as truegold is used for most high-ilevel boe BS weapons and armor, that means quite a lot of pyrite is actually used. It's used as the currency to buy a number of BS patterns, so very useful for those levelling the prof needing more patterns or completionists. It's also the quickest way to get volatile earth (that I've found). I'm not saying it's awesome and it will drop in price a bit no doubt, but it still fits exactly what it was useful for at release; again, there was no guarantee it would ever be used for anything more.

Just remember we've got a few interviews, we don't have anywhere near the information of what will go live. I do think people are over-reacting a little bit... there was never any indication that it would come from pyrite ore; other options were always just as likely.

Quitting the game because you made a gamble...
    What is the world (of warcraft) coming to!

In the meanwhile, thanks for the cheap pyrite everyone <3 I'll make a nice premium off of it in 4.3.

Deleted
    Fun thread!

Deleted
    Wtf is with all the QQ?
    You still dont have an decent info about it, and you start bitching.
    Get real, wait for the info then make pointless topics like that.

And..LOL @ qutting WoW, because you stockpilled alot of ore's... jeez

Wow really. JC is still alot better for a raiding than ENGI will every be and after the first few weeks after a new patch engi stops making money so JC is hardly useless.

Well this was the final nail in the coffin. 4.3 epic gems not prospectable from pyrite is very very bad move by blizzard.
    Hah! Actually its very clever move by Blizzard. You, fat moneybags bought tons of pyrite ore and now thinks of yourselves as most clever persons in the world. Now Blizzard shows you that you are not ! You thought you could so simple double your amount of gold ?
    All this QQ just makes me laugh, especially as your other points are quite wrong - for sure they already know all problems and know all ways how to fix it.

Many people stockpiled this ore already and im sure some of them will actually quit of the game just because of this.
    Woah, gambling has RISKS? When did that happen?