Thread: Raggy Help

Deleted

Raggy Help

Hay there folks .. i need some disc advice for the raggy fight ... my guild is hashing it out on 10 man raggy now for 3 days and we really want to down him before the nerfs hits him .. we are so efficiant at all the phases bar 3rd phase .. soon as those balls apear every thing goes to pot .. more like flapping really lol can any one advise on some tacs they have used succesfully at this stage pls .. it would be most appriciated ..
    Aslo im just a little curious at what other disc healing number are in this fight i was told to use skada to track absorbs betterand the average result im getting is about 8-9 k possibly 10 HPs at end of fight .. strage really coz other fights i do alot more ..

here are the logs if any one would care to look and see if u can see any problems we might be able to correct..
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7x8hjfwee0gjdhub/
    Regards
    Kaemara
    Last edited by mmocd84b73c49d; 2011-09-19 at 03:42 PM.

This fight isn't healing intensive... don't worry about your numbers.

What we do in the third phase of this fight is have the tanks and healers on the left, as far as possible. Our Melee are as far right as possible, and the ranged are centered.

The only people who kite are the ranged in the center, Everyone else just stands there, and hits the meteors as soon as they come in range. If they target someone on the other side, it has to roll a long way before being any trouble again, if they target a range, they kite it across towards the opposite side, then hit it. If it targets someone on the same side, you just hit it again. Worse case scenario is when it targets someone on the same side multiple times in a row, if thats the case they will need to kite it across before it reaches them

We divide the room in 2 right side is almost all DPS and one healer and left side is Tanks, 1 healer and 1-2 DPS and what we do is when there are 1 or 2 meteors we just knock them towards the center depending on the side they targetting, when we start getting 3-4 we start to do some circle kiting, really makes it simple but as long as you can get him to about 12% before people start dying to meteors you should make it.

Deleted
    Excellent folks thx for your imput il sujest these tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmesiah View Post
    Excellent folks thx for your imput il sujest these tonight
    Wish you the best of luck.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

recount tracks absorbs correctly, and absorbs are shown correctly on world of logs, no need for skada.
    this fight isnt healing intensive, there are moments when you dont have to heal at all, so your overall hps drops a bit lower.

on the meteor phase mind that only people who might need healing are tanks. assuming other players are able to avoid waves/flames, noone else should be taking damage.
    have tanks standing on one side (say right) ranged kiting meteors to other side, 2 healers can kite as well, just a matter of getting used to kiting.

as for your healing, while low hps means nothing on this fight, you seem to be putting quite low amount of healing compared to other healers.
    you have around 40% (almost 50% on longest attempt) overhealing from poh. if its to stack da, then its perfectly fine, but i doubt it was the point, since then you have round 36% (44%) overhealing from da (=you didnt restack it for next trap/seeds).

atonement, while archangel can be fun, yeah, you dont need archangel boost on this fight with 3 healers, would do better stacking da on raid than stacking evangelism stacks, to overheal with poh after trap/seeds.

but again, this is my very personal attitude against atonement on this fight

Get him soon the nerfs are coming some time this week.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had the same experience with phase 3, for us it was just a matter of each player getting a feel for those balls. We are not as organized as some, we rely on everyone to be able to kite their own, especially in case people start dying. I personally stand to the right as you face Rag, as that is where our tanks are and I am healing them, and we ask dps to try not to kite over us. When I get targeted, I step over a bit so I won't kite onto the tanks, wait for it to get close, then hit it with a sw: death or smite when it gets in range. A few times if I am busy with fire on the ground or whatnot, the tank who is not tanking at that time hit it for me when it came near us. I read you can fade it and it will just pick a new target and not push back, but I can't confirm that.

BTW, I two healed Rag this week with me and our druid and it was fun -- give it a try!

worldoflogs com reports l4to2s8a3l6os09o sum healingDone ?s=7337&e=7861
    Last edited by Eyevory; 2011-09-20 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    recount tracks absorbs correctly, and absorbs are shown correctly on world of logs, no need for skada.
    this fight isnt healing intensive, there are moments when you dont have to heal at all, so your overall hps drops a bit lower.

on the meteor phase mind that only people who might need healing are tanks. assuming other players are able to avoid waves/flames, noone else should be taking damage.
    have tanks standing on one side (say right) ranged kiting meteors to other side, 2 healers can kite as well, just a matter of getting used to kiting.

as for your healing, while low hps means nothing on this fight, you seem to be putting quite low amount of healing compared to other healers.
    you have around 40% (almost 50% on longest attempt) overhealing from poh. if its to stack da, then its perfectly fine, but i doubt it was the point, since then you have round 36% (44%) overhealing from da (=you didnt restack it for next trap/seeds).

atonement, while archangel can be fun, yeah, you dont need archangel boost on this fight with 3 healers, would do better stacking da on raid than stacking evangelism stacks, to overheal with poh after trap/seeds.

but again, this is my very personal attitude against atonement on this fight
    Yeah i agree with what you say there mate my healing wasnt the best and it was my misstake i forgot to switch back to non aa spec and then didnt change back lol but what ive found which might explain my healing output is tbh there wasnt realy alot of healing for me to do lol the pally and resto druid pritty much had it covered which kinda makes me feel redundant lol .. by the time i used POH the raid was almost full health the only thing i really get to do on that fight is bubble the tanks and POM the healing raid and tanks is pritty much covered by my other two healers i just fill in the gaps , any other fight we all work so well together and healing isnt a problem and i dont feel so redundant lol .. on a sad note we wasnt able to get him down last night we managed to get raggy to 20 % but got over run with i believe 5or more Balls which looking back at the logs our dps wasnt good enough that fight , so we prolly wont be back on raggy now till thursday and the nerf will probably be in place by then , but im happy we are a newly formed guild and managed to achieve good progress in a matter of 3 weeks and we had so much fun doing it which is the main aim of the game for me . so thx again all for your imput it was most apriciated and raggy will be down after the nerf for sure

3 healers is really silly...2 healing Rag is very easy and the 6th DPS will make phases feel a lot quicker. Phase 3 is incredibly easy to heal any way so squeezing an extra DPS in makes all the difference. We don't do any particular strat for phase 3 in terms of positioning. If you get a meteor you do whatever you want with it and don't knock it into other people, simple. People over complicate phase 3 way too much, all you have to do is dodge fire and not get hit by meterors...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    3 healers is really silly...2 healing Rag is very easy and the 6th DPS will make phases feel a lot quicker. Phase 3 is incredibly easy to heal any way so squeezing an extra DPS in makes all the difference. We don't do any particular strat for phase 3 in terms of positioning. If you get a meteor you do whatever you want with it and don't knock it into other people, simple. People over complicate phase 3 way too much, all you have to do is dodge fire and not get hit by meterors...
    im starting to think 3 heals on raggy for us is to much aswell just by the lack of healing im able to do .. looks like id better dust of my off spec lol

2 Healing that fight makes it go by so much quicker as well P3 goes down hella fast with 2 healers and 6 DPS But don't worry about the HPS, I usually end up with around 10K as well, but no one dies in P1 and P2 so I mean it's not everything Though I go Holy for Rag since it's me and a HPally.