Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I pay $15 a month!

Why do SO many people try to use this as a reason to why they should have everything and anything they want in the game?

I'm mainly talking about the 4.3 section where people will no longer be able to purchase tier 13.

I have a membership with a gym that I pay $30 a month... and I don't ever see people go up to the trainers or workers saying, "Hey! I pay you every month to use your services! I should be as fit and buff as the guy over there who works out for hours every week!"

If you guys want all the gear you can get, why shouldn't you have to work for it too? Because you pay $15 a month?

The new raid content has 8 bosses, 1 of which will ONLY have weapons. So that leaves 7 bosses for 5 pieces of tier... Seems reasonable to me, and I'm a very casual player who raids 1 day a week.

Plus, I'm sure BH will still have tier.

/endQQ

Deleted
    Well, the dungeons will be empty anyway... why run heroics and those zandalari thingies anymore? (well I haven't yet, but cant see why anyone would after patch)

10+ Year Old Account
    We all pay the same amount of money for a game of lore and loot. Every player should be entitled to see the raid for the lore, and get a chance at getting at least SOME of the loot available, otherwise it's not worth your while paying the monthly fee to play, it's just a game of sitting in org/sw afk'ing while you alt tab to your browser to read stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well, the dungeons will be empty anyway... why run heroics and those zandalari thingies anymore? (well I haven't yet, but cant see why anyone would after patch)
    We will still run random dungeons for the valors. They're just taking out the tier, not all of the other good gear you get with vp's.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    We all pay the same amount of money for a game of lore and loot. Every player should be entitled to see the raid for the lore, and get a chance at getting at least SOME of the loot available, otherwise it's not worth your while paying the monthly fee to play, it's just a game of sitting in org/sw afk'ing while you alt tab to your browser to read stuff.
    And I agree with you on that, but how could they see the lore of a dungeon by only wanting to do heroics?
    Last edited by Leapers; 2011-09-19 at 06:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I pay £9 a month, that's more. My demands and complaints are worth more.

Deleted
    Because they're still needed to gear up?

You need regulars or loads of gold to get access to Heroics. You need Heroics gear to enter ZG and ZA. And I'm betting that the new dungeons will have a higher average itemlevel requirement than any current dungeon.

Not everyone wants to use Random Raid or server-pug the old ones...

Edit: on the topic of paying 15/month: I've always paid for 6 months at a time. Saves me a few. People playing this game for 6 years and paying on a monthly basis, have been wasting money. That's why they complain...

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Different people play the game for different reasons. I know many people who don't give a flying crap about the lore or raids. They just play to PvP, quest, or do whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Touché

Our American opinions aren't worth much these days.

Hence why the LFR system is being implemented. Furthermore, there is a set of gear from the heroic 5 mans for you to use.

That said, the $15 a month thing is paying for the opportunity to see the content/get the gear. If you don't take the opportunity... Well, that's not really anyone's fault but your own. Whether you have a valid reason or not is irrelevant.

Just to clarify, I completely understand the 'full time job/family commitments' argument for not being able to raid. That's exactly where I am right now. But it's still irrelevant to the point of getting gear/seeing the content. You pay for the opportunity, not the priviledge. If you don't take the opportunity, you only have yourself to blame.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get paid for playing wow .... Youmadbro?

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post

You need regulars or loads of gold to get access to Heroics. You need Heroics gear to enter ZG and ZA. And I'm betting that the new dungeons will have a higher average itemlevel requirement than any current dungeon.

Edit: on the topic of paying 15/month: I've always paid for 6 months at a time. Saves me a few. People playing this game for 6 years and paying on a monthly basis, have been wasting money. That's why they complain...
    You will be able to get better gear from justice points than you will get from the zandalari or even heroics. You don't even need to run heroics to get justice points, and certainly no zandalaris. Together with Molten Front gear you'll be able to go from normals/heroics to the new heroics (will there actually be normal modes from them?) without even setting foot in the zandalaris.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post

Most people it's just login once a week, random raid, gg
    Got pretty much same as pvp:ers
    Well well..

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Hence why the LFR system is being implemented. Furthermore, there is a set of gear from the heroic 5 mans for you to use.

That said, the $15 a month thing is paying for the opportunity to see the content/get the gear. If you don't take the opportunity... Well, that's not really anyone's fault but your own. Whether you have a valid reason or not is irrelevant.

Just to clarify, I completely understand the 'full time job/family commitments' argument for not being able to raid. That's exactly where I am right now. But it's still irrelevant to the point of getting gear/seeing the content. You pay for the opportunity, not the priviledge. If you don't take the opportunity, you only have yourself to blame.
    Basicly this right here^

LOL

You pay 15$ to have the opportunity to attempt raids/dungeons and learn the lore. Read that OPPORTUNITY, you aren't paying to play the raids/dungeons, you are paying for the ability to do these task. Whether you do them is a sole decision of yourself.

This wasn't in response to the OP but rather the people who use this excuse.
    Last edited by Discombobula; 2011-09-19 at 06:30 PM.

They said you won't be able to get tier gear for VP in 4.3

They DIDN'T say you won't be able to get non-tier gear of equal ilvl for VP in 4.3
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I see that you're attempting to pose this as a question, I don't really believe you want an answer. But you're going to get one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Leapers View Post
    Why do SO many people try to use this as a reason to why they should have everything and anything they want in the game?
    I've never seen anyone say they wanted everything simply because they pay a fee for the game. I've seen many many people say they wanted one thing (usually it's gear or content, or possibly mounts) but never seen anyone claim that it entitles them to absolutely everything in the game. What you're seeing is people encountering restrictions that were previously not in place, and reacting by complaining. Complaining about a service you pay for, in an attempt to get what you really meant to pay for, is reasonable.

If you guys want all the gear you can get, why shouldn't you have to work for it too? Because you pay $15 a month?
    They should have to work for it. Have you used the LFD? Do you think the VP you get at the end are a gift? Or a reward for putting up with the pants on head retards you just miraculously killed the end boss with? I don't understand what the problem here is really. I know that other people having the gear you have hurts some people's e-peen, but even that term was a joke from the beginning: you have a peen or not, depending on birth, but you don't have an e-peen, so nobody can hurt it.

Stop acting like someone else having fun in a game prevents you from having fun in a game.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Every gamer pays more or less the same amount per month, unless they buy bulk months. I think your analogy is OK because you pay a gym fee and you have access to the gym, even if you never show up.

Same is true with WoW.

Except that nowadays there are free gyms (F2P) that only charge once you get into serious body shape. You are free to go to those gyms as often as you like, but once you can lift 100 lbs, they start charging if you want to lift more.

MMmmhmm .. see how these analogies work?

People are paying 15 bucks a month for entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less. They want a fully immersive world, and Cataclysm failed to deliver. I'll go on about how they failed to deliver if you want, but I don't want to spam up MMO-Champion. Don't pretend like 15 bucks a month just pays for a chat room, because it does not.
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-09-23 at 03:31 AM.

Deleted
    You pay $15 a month to have access to the game and it's features, nothing less, nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're actually paying less then. You pay £8.99/month, we pay £9.55/month.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new raid content has 8 bosses, 1 of which will ONLY have weapons. So that leaves 7 bosses for 5 pieces of tier... Seems reasonable to me, and I'm a very casual player who raids 1 day a week.

Plus, I'm sure BH will still have tier.

/endQQ
    2 bosses will only drop weapons deathwing is 2 bosses

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shengar View Post
    You will be able to get better gear from justice points than you will get from the zandalari or even heroics. You don't even need to run heroics to get justice points, and certainly no zandalaris. Together with Molten Front gear you'll be able to go from normals/heroics to the new heroics (will there actually be normal modes from them?) without even setting foot in the zandalaris.
    While it's true that you CAN get better gear just by doing Normals, it's really not worth it. The increased amount of JP, as well as the VP gained from doing Random, is quite the incentive for people to still do both the Heroics and the Zs. Plus, the gear dropping in the Zs will get you the itemlevel needed for the new Heroics (which will not have a normal mode, no) that much faster. And since there is always people gearing up, they will never* be abandoned. They may get used less, but not anything noticable for most people.

*For this expansion pack.

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ADman319 View Post
    2 bosses will only drop weapons deathwing is 2 bosses
    But there may just be regular stuff at the end of the first encounter and weapons at the final kill. Don't bet on 2 weapon drops...

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 08:43 PM ----------

Most people it's just login once a week, random raid, gg
    Got pretty much same as pvp:ers
    Well well..
    I have no clue what you're replying to or what you're saying that relates to what you quoted...