10+ Year Old Account

Heroic rag 10man!

So. 6/7 hc this reset, we're pushing really hard for playing 3 days a week and i dont know if i can keep up. We killed beth and bale last reset just with sheer willpower. We all know nerfs are inc but i still feel like rag is gonna be a pain. And apparently my guild wants to 2man heal him. So, here's my question:

I'm currently 2x disc pve specced but have a feeling holy is just better. Opinions? We run hpal/priest. Sorry if there are other threads like this one please direct me to them. Armory inc later, logged out in pvp stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Holy.

With the movement and haphazard raid damage as well as a spread out raid, the mechanics just arent friendly imo to discipline's DA "healing" You'll have raid cooldowns with your holy pally and hopefully the tanks for the post seed phases. I prefer holy most of the fights in FL with the exception of bael, and staghelm.

I don't know if there's any thread for this but I thought I can drop by and answer.
    There are 2 parts when this fight is tough as healer. First one is phase2 with molten elementals. If you don't use aoe tactic, this part might be quite tricky to heal, it also depends on how good your raid is at spreading out. If you use aoe tactic, this part is a joke (as long as the adds die before they reach you).
    The next part which is difficult is phase4 before you get into the frost patches. For both of these parts, I strongly believe that disc is the better choice. Shieldspamming these parts that is. Another good tip is to place a prayer of mending on a target before the molten elementals explode and the mending will bounce all 5 times instantly, free healing!
    Last edited by xonnex; 2011-09-20 at 01:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whee. I missed holy tbh. But is it true that you 2man heal this? Wouldn't a restodruid be a better choice then?
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    Whee. I missed holy tbh. But is it true that you 2man heal this? Wouldn't a restodruid be a better choice then?
    After the nerf I've seen any healer comp do it (besides 2 of the same healer though).

2 healing this is completely viable. If you got very high single target damage, you can 3 heal this without problems. The biggest concern 3healing this is that you get unnecessary amounts of living meteors to handle in phase4. With 2 healers, our guild manages to get into phase4 with only 1 meteor, while we'd get 2 if we do with 3 healers.

Deleted
    We did it as disc/hpala. You can just tank heal and let the paladin "raid heal" through beacon, and shield anyone below 80% when you're about to pop a trap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    We did it as disc/hpala. You can just tank heal and let the paladin "raid heal" through beacon, and shield anyone below 80% when you're about to pop a trap.
    This does seem like a pretty good idea, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    We 2man heal this (still haven't killed him, but we've gotten to p3 a couple of times :P) and we use a resto shaman + resto druid