25H Rag - Holy or Disc?

So my guild's been chipping away at H Rag 25, gotten to P4 a few times on good attempts, and healing has been somewhat fine so far, I'm just wondering if I could be doing better as Disc, because I'm currently Holy. Other healers are disc/rdruid/rshaman most of the time, and I'm on raid healing.

I mean, Lightwell is somewhat useful seeing as my raid has figured out how to click it, but Barrier is even more useful. Pretty much negates seed explosion damage, and can be used during p3 transition as well to lessen damage from the Scions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    We have comfortably done this with 2 Holy Priests, 1 Resto Druid, 1 resto shaman and 1 Holy pala. It really is up to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I switched to holy for only this fight and noticed a significant healing output increase and fewer mana issues. I haven't really analyzed it yet; it just seems easier to keep up. We haven't killed it yet (close!) but our setup is 1 holy priest 2 holy pallies 1 resto druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikayo View Post
    I switched to holy for only this fight and noticed a significant healing output increase and fewer mana issues. I haven't really analyzed it yet; it just seems easier to keep up. We haven't killed it yet (close!) but our setup is 1 holy priest 2 holy pallies 1 resto druid.
    I'm pretty much in the same position, well different healing set up but still: go holy for this fight

We have killed it with HPal, DPriest, 2xRDruid and with HPal, DPriest, RSham, RDruid. I almost exclusive healed as Disipline when I was still pulling as a healer, it was exclusively as Discipline with HPal, HPriest, and Rdruid. Transition was slightly rougher, but that's what your HPriest and Rdruid are for. I fell like Discipline is much stronger in phase 4 since you'll likely have either a RDruid or another Priest you to cover the raid so you can support tank. I personally wouldn't choose anything but Discipline as long as I was healing along side a Holy Priest or Restoration Druid.

Basically, play with whatever you're comfortable with.

Deleted
    if raidhealing go for holy, its amazing. Not to mention having that talent that speeds people up when you shield them
    and lightwell is amazing, toss it at melee in p1 and it becomes lolzor)

Holllyyyy! The key here is knowing where and when to place Lightwell and telling your raiders to use it. I usually drop LW at the melee after healing up the first trap explosion, so then it is still up for a few charges when we're stacking for seeds, then again on the 3rd seed stacking so it is up for trap explosion and sons phase, then again next to me in P3 and when we get to the 2nd frost patch in P4.

Here's a log of our kill last night (our resto druid isn't that good, heh) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...=16785&e=17581

Renew is pretty amazing on this fight but you aren't going to get much out of it as disc. A lot of damage is random, sons, wrath, etc so shields can only go so far. Although I use PWS a fair amount in P4 for speed boost on kiters and sweepers as well as just absorbing damage from superheated.

On our kill my lightwell didn't even get used as much as it usually does (usually can pull 500k on a 11min+ attempt).
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mazi View Post
    holllyyyy! The key here is knowing where and when to place lightwell and telling your raiders to use it. I usually drop lw at the melee after healing up the first trap explosion, so then it is still up for a few charges when we're stacking for seeds, then again on the 3rd seed stacking so it is up for trap explosion and sons phase, then again next to me in p3 and when we get to the 2nd frost patch in p4.

Here's a log of our kill last night (our resto druid isn't that good, heh) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...=16785&e=17581

renew is pretty amazing on this fight but you aren't going to get much out of it as disc. A lot of damage is random, sons, wrath, etc so shields can only go so far. Although i use pws a fair amount in p4 for speed boost on kiters and sweepers as well as just absorbing damage from superheated.

On our kill my lightwell didn't even get used as much as it usually does (usually can pull 500k on a 11min+ attempt).
    omg gz mazi!!!!!

Deleted
    We have to go over Baleroc (shouldn't be too much of a problem I think) this week and then we'll be on Rag and I really wish I could try holy again. But I think I'll be lacking a lot of spirit. Disc and Holy have grown appart in term of gearing. I rolled on a lot of dps stuff and I'm afraid I can't switch back to holy now. I think if I reforge every single piece to spirit I could get to 2700, would that be enoug?
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2011-09-21 at 04:13 PM.

Mazi makes me happyface. Grats to you!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disc can actually pull higher numbers, but Holy feels like the more comfortable spec for Rag. CoH, Renew and Lightwell really shine here.

Hey thanks guys! We were pretty pleased to get it the night before nerf #2... that fight has so much RNG to it though, lol.

@Ceph why aren't you on msn?

@Sinn: I run with 2700 Spirit + Heroic Fall + DMC:Tsunami and it feels like the perfect amount of regen as long as you put 2pts in fiend and use it on 2nd or 3rd seed then again in P3 then again in P4
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Holy seems to me to be the more comfortable spec on raggy, but both are certainly viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    Disc can actually pull higher numbers, but Holy feels like the more comfortable spec for Rag. CoH, Renew and Lightwell really shine here.
    I've played disc and holy for our attempts and I actually pull higher numbers as holy.
    Though the 'higher numbers' depends on your healing setup and the player of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikayo View Post
    I've played disc and holy for our attempts and I actually pull higher numbers as holy.
    Though the 'higher numbers' depends on your healing setup and the player of course.
    Did the attempts you're using for comparison include longer phase 4 pulls? Holy absolutely matches the damage patterns of earlier phases better (specifically phase 1 and transitions), but by the time you're getting into serious phase 4 attempts, these are trivial. I am pretty confident that my overall throughput would be higher as Discipline on any extended phase 4 attempt. And, perhaps more relevant, I feel that as long as there is at least 1 RDruid or 1 HPriest in the raid, the healing I would do in phase 4 would be more important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Did the attempts you're using for comparison include longer phase 4 pulls? Holy absolutely matches the damage patterns of earlier phases better (specifically phase 1 and transitions), but by the time you're getting into serious phase 4 attempts, these are trivial. I am pretty confident that my overall throughput would be higher as Discipline on any extended phase 4 attempt. And, perhaps more relevant, I feel that as long as there is at least 1 RDruid or 1 HPriest in the raid, the healing I would do in phase 4 would be more important.
    They don't; you make a very good point. I can see how disc would be more important in phase 4.