Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Gravity May Be Leaking Into Our Universe From Another Dimension

Ever wonder why gravity is so weak relative to all the other forces? The reason may be because it's being Leaked from another dimension. This would explain dark energy, perhaps.

source: http://www.space.com/828-leaking-gra...ic-puzzle.html

NOTE: There are four natural forces: weak nuclear, strong nuclear, electromagnetic, and gravitational.

Gravitational is FAR weaker compared to the four. For example, look at magnets, they effortlessly trump gravity like its no big deal.(electromagnetic force)
    Last edited by golds; 2011-09-20 at 06:14 PM.

Deleted
    You linked an article to the brain.

Wait... what? What's with the source?

10+ Year Old Account
    link is fixed, sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    nope. it's not. are you trying toup your post count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Read that as 'Gravy may be leaking into...'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Gravity... weak? Since when? Gravity on Earth isn't weak, just that we've adapted to it over millions of years. Gravity is the most destructive force out there, powering the planets themselves, forming black holes, and theoretically forming the universe itself.
    Negative sir, there are four natural forces: weak nuclear, strong nuclear, electromagnetic, and gravitational.

Gravitational is FAR weaker compared to the four. For example, look at magnets, they effortlessly trump gravity like its no big deal(electromagnetic force)

Deleted
    Gravity... weak? Since when? Gravity on Earth isn't weak, just that we've adapted to it over millions of years. Gravity is the most destructive force out there, powering the planets themselves, forming black holes, and theoretically forming the universe itself.
    It's a lot weaker compared to other forces. So weak that we puny humans can defeat the pull of a entire planet by picking up a rock.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would actually make a lot of sense. There are a lot of things in the universe that we know exist, but think they really shouldn't exist. We have no idea why our universe produces gravity, but in another universe it may be simple.

I like theories like this. It is said that the mark of true intelligence is the ability to entertain an idea without initially accepting or dismissing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    Negative sir, there are four natural forces: weak nuclear, strong nuclear, electromagnetic, and gravitational.

Gravitational is FAR weaker compared to the four. For example, look at magnets, they effortlessly trump gravity like its no big deal(electromagnetic force)
    Not really, not when you consider the gravitational force of the entire planet, or even the sun. I do not see any magnets that can trump those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stand up. You jut defeated gravity.

that link goes to an article about the brain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Not really, not when you consider the gravitational force of the entire planet, or even the sun. I do not see any magnets that can trump those.
    It's called scale, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Planets are floating in a void. Of course gravity will effect them greatly, because nothing else is there to effect them. If there was a giant magnet in space, it would beat the living shit out of gravity.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is text book physics sir. Gravity is far weaker than the other 3 natural forces.

He's right, gravity is weak, it terms of scale.

10+ Year Old Account
    This gives me a chance to use that phrase that is so abused, but use it properly in a physics related way.

It's all relative.

That's a pretty weak argument. Of course the gravitational force of something planet or sun sized trumps a magnet, now imagine a magnet the size of the sun....something that large that is purely emitting a natural force. Your argument is about an object (a magnet) and not magnetic force. Even a small magnet still trumps the force of earth's gravity when it picks up a paperclip.
    Last edited by Feel The Power; 2011-09-20 at 06:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, you can't beat gravitation unless you are a superman and can fly without wasting a shitton of fuel.
    and if it's so weak, why humans spend so much effort and time to break through it and go to the space? if it's so weak, why our planet don't just fly away to eternity?
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2011-09-20 at 06:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

If I still remember correctly off the top of my head ...

The strong interaction is about 100 times stronger than the electromagnetic force.
    The weak interaction is about 1 million times weaker than the electromagnetic force.
    Gravity is 42 million times weaker than the electromagnetic force.

(The reason we don't feel the strong and weak interactions is because they are theorized to act only at distances on the scale of 10^-15 meters.)

Think for a moment that it takes the gravitational pull of an entire planet to make you weigh as much as you do. Now jump. A brief, instant impulse of your body's muscles, transmitting the electromagnetic force down your body's length, is sufficient to overcome gravity at that point in time.