15+ Year Old Account

D3 With a Console Controller!

Robbed this off of diablofans and youtube, looks interesting.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Deleted
    There is an interview with PC Gamer that talks about the potential for D3 on console

We don’t see ourselves as a PC developer – we see ourselves as a game developer. It’s just that the games that we wanted to make suit the PC platform,” game director Jay Wilson told us. “We don’t believe you can make a Starcraft style RTS and make it Blizzard great on a console. We do believe you could make an RTS that would be on a console, but we would have (to have) that idea, and that spark and that passion to make it.

“One of the reasons why we’re exploring the idea of a console version of Diablo 3 because we feel that the controls and the style of the game lend itself to a console. With some of our early experiments in putting a direct control scheme into the game via a 360-like analogue controller, I’ve been ‘Oh this feels even better, with direct control…’”
    There was also an announcement about them hiring console developers for D3 I think, I wonder if I can find it.

Personally, I'd still play on PC even if a console version was released (and I'll be playing with my mouse and keyboard) - but it does seem like they are taking the future option of a console version quite seriously.

Edit: Here's the blue post I was thinking about

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    As some of you may have seen over on the Diablo III home page, we’re currently exploring a Diablo-related concept for consoles. As we’ve said in the past, with proper care the gameplay could suit the console platform, and we’re interested in seeing what talent out there might be interested in contributing to such a project.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2011-09-27 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    Useless, yet cool it is possible

Opens the game up to a wider market. And yeah, I think D3 could work well on Console. Better on PC, but can work on Console.

But yeah, wider market means more money for Blizz. More money for Blizz means more games from them. Win win!

15+ Year Old Account
    Can always plug a keyboard and mouse to your console, they better make support for that!

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Loved D2 because i could play it all with the mouse and very little keyboard commands. Anyway, if it opens to the console market, i expect a really big boom in D3 sellings.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Have you forgot Diablo for PS1? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=diablo+ps1
    Or I'm to old

I think Diablo 3 would do really well on console. I've just recently starting playing Dungeon Hunter on ps3, which is a dungeon crawler similar to D3. And it feels very nice to control. Of course ill be getting D3 on PC, but im almost tempted to get it for PS3 if it comes out for console a couple years down the road...

This is great news for some, I use my 42" 1080p tv as my monitor and its setup with a couch behind it since its also my living room TV. The only thing I like about console games is the ability to sit back and lounge on the couch playing some video games. So on those lazy days playing the lowbie's grinding out normal and nightmare acts this will definitely be nice! I already use my wireless 360 controller with xpadder to control the computer to access netfilx, hulu, and navi-x.

That diablofans article's comment section was filled to the brim with elitists; ideally, that won't happen here.

I'd love for this to happen because my crap computer won't handle this game too well. Probably won't be for a while though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasnt the first Diablo also released on the Playstation a year or 2 after it was released on PC?
    Last edited by Orby; 2011-09-27 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Wasnt the first Diablo also released on the Playstation a year or 2 after it was released on PC?
    Yeah, Diablo was released for Playstation 1. Not sure how long after its initial release on PC it came out though.