Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've got invited to Catalsym Beta, so I believe I won't get Diablo...

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillytwo View Post
    What's the criterias for getting a key?
    You need to have opted into the beta and completed the system specifications update on your battle.net account - otherwise it's supposed to be random I think (although I assume system specs do come into it somewhere, at least you'll need the minimum required to play).

Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    I've got invited to Catalsym Beta, so I believe I won't get Diablo...
    I know more people that either never got one, or get one all the time. I don't know many that only got one, so good luck

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    rofl i will delete my key if i get invited. Boycotting this pay 2 win game.

Quote Originally Posted by volar View Post
    rofl i will delete my key if i get invited. Boycotting this pay 2 win game.
    Sure, why did you even opted in beta if you dont want it. Troll elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the beta for the EU has not started yet. I base this on the D3 EU forums where no one has put their hand up to getting one yet.
    F & F beta for EU started back on the 8th , 2 weeks ago :

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/2624786162#6

So the EU guys have technically had beta for some time now. Now if you're meaning when the closed beta starts for the EU I have a feeling it would be soon
    Last edited by bluspacecow; 2011-09-21 at 12:37 PM.

I never got in first, got once in for WOTLK beta, mid of it or so.
    I never get into any of those really, sadly .

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    F & F beta for EU started back on the 8th , 2 weeks ago :

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/2624786162#6

So the EU guys have technically had beta for some time now. Now if you're meaning when the closed beta starts for the EU I have a feeling it would be soon
    Yeah sorry i ment closed beta.

Does anyone know if you need to have a subbed wow account to be eligible?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Yeah sorry i ment closed beta.

Does anyone know if you need to have a subbed wow account to be eligible?
    No you don't.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Oh get over yourself, what fraction of a percent of people do you really think submits feedback
    More people then you'd think.

Deleted
    i wonder if they have special brackets considered when sending out invites. such as people who have played diablo 2, or people who haven't played it. as well as this, i wonder if pc specs come into it? do they go for lower end pcs to make sure that everyone can run it, higher specs to test the max graphics, or a mixture of all specs. or is it really truely random across everyone who meets minimum specs and has opted in?

i doubt anyone truely knows the correct answer, but it'd be interesting to know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    i wonder if they have special brackets considered when sending out invites. such as people who have played diablo 2, or people who haven't played it. as well as this, i wonder if pc specs come into it? do they go for lower end pcs to make sure that everyone can run it, higher specs to test the max graphics, or a mixture of all specs. or is it really truely random across everyone who meets minimum specs and has opted in?

i doubt anyone truely knows the correct answer, but it'd be interesting to know.
    they allready said that only pc specs would go into account. doesnt matter which game u player or how often or how much games...

The first round of beta keys will go to gaming sites and such, basically to drum up as much anticipation as possible!, which really isn't needed because it's Diablo, but thats how they always do these! So expect to see a lot of youtube vids posted in the next couple days!

Gratz to whomever got in already and those who soon will!! I suspect we will be seeing a good many videos posted here in the coming days as well!

---------- Post added 2011-09-21 at 10:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post

They generally pic lower end builds when it comes to specs, because they already know how it will run on top end because they are using top end!

Deleted
    Which is why people that get into beta usually have either crappy pc specs or rather unique pc specs. I for example have two pc's at home with an HD5850...I doubt I have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    Which is why people that get into beta usually have either crappy pc specs or rather unique pc specs. I for example have two pc's at home with an HD5850...I doubt I have a chance.
    That makes two of us, I never get beta keys!, But i do have a friend who cancelled his WoW account right before Cata and he had received a beta key as I guess a lure to get him to come back?!!, IDK!

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    My specs on my desktop certainly aren't "crappy" and I've gotten into the SC2 beta and Cata beta first wave both times. I have an i7 920 OC'd to 3.2ghz, a gtx 275, and 6gb of DDR3.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafter View Post
    imo if you have played wow for over 7 years you should instant invite :P
    mo only because you have played longer doesnt make you any more deserving than the rest of us

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    They generally pic lower end builds when it comes to specs, because they already know how it will run on top end because they are using top end!
    I think they try to cover all possible configurations / specs, from crappy "I can barely run it on minimum specs" to scifi configs that could handle 5 Diablo 3 instances at the same time.

Your chances probably grow if you got a build that's more rare, no matter if it's crappy or awesome. This being said, my old PC never got me into any betas, even if I applied to pretty much anything that was available. Hoping this laptop brings me better results.

Edit: No genuine reports of EU invites being received so far... I guess the timetable said by the US GM applies to us too. One more hour!
    Last edited by Mynsc; 2011-09-21 at 03:06 PM.
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

no beta for me oh well atleast gow3 is out<3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 0wn3d View Post
    My specs on my desktop certainly aren't "crappy" and I've gotten into the SC2 beta and Cata beta first wave both times. I have an i7 920 OC'd to 3.2ghz, a gtx 275, and 6gb of DDR3.
    That kinda proves my point, the GTX 275 is probably the least common in the GTX 200 series.

Based on submitted benchmarks results (which people like doing with new fancy hardware) :
    3DMark06 :
    GTX 260 216SP -> 696 submissions
    GTX 275 -> 325 submissions
    GTX 280 -> 500 submissions
    GTX 285 -> 475 submissions
    GTX 295 -> 413 submissions

3Dmark Vantage :
    GTX 260 216SP -> 424 submissions
    GTX 275 -> 205 submissions
    GTX 280 -> 253 submissions
    GTX 285 -> 306 submissions
    GTX 295 -> 454 submissions

Of course these aren't sale stats or even stats of the amount of people that tried getting into any beta but it's the best I could do and shows GTX275 is the least common of the GTX200 cards in two common benchmarks.