10+ Year Old Account

A few fire mage arena questions.

I am going to pick up WoW again after quite a long break caused by raiding too much. Now I will focus on PvP as a main object instead, and I need some help with it.

First of all and most important: Do not tell me to go frost. I hate the spec, I do not enjoy playing it. That being said, here are my questions.

What kind of setups are the best ones for 3v3?

Would speccing for Improved Cone of Cold be better than Improved Blink?

Also, maybe the question I should have asked from the beginning, but do you know of any good Fire Mage Arena guide?

Any help is appreciated!
    Vol'jin fanboy

Go with a afflict lock or shadow priest in arenas or you will be dispel fucked to hell. grab improved cone of cold and shatter so that you can get good combustions up when you really need them. plus an extra nova is better than a speed increase off a blink in most cases.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are really no good Fire Mage guides, you can check Xiun's guide it has some Fire discussion in it (cba find it search these forums for beginner mage pvp guide).
    RMP, MLS, Mage/SP/heal and also MMP, magemage priest with one of them being frost has incredible power. Imp CoC > Imp Blink anyday, you get an extra root which you will need as fire.

Deleted
    I would approve for the cone of cold talant from personal experiences, its really helpfull with the shatter talant (ofcourse)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    First of all and most important: Do not tell me to go frost. Any help is appreciated!
    Go Arcane!!! And no, I am not Joking! When I go Arena, I go almost full PvE gear, and at the start of a battle I go Invisable, pick my spot and select a target. Then I pop Everything I got to do some Massive Burstdamage! Usually there is one or two opponents down within 10 seconds nuking them with 40k crits! You might die quicker, cuz the lack of defence, especially if they all lock their focus on you, but for sure you can kill one or two before that. You got the suprise-element in you favor. Just gotta Love it! At least, I do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nheo View Post
    Go Arcane!!! And no, I am not Joking! When I go Arena, I go almost full PvE gear, and at the start of a battle I go Invisable, pick my spot and select a target. Then I pop Everything I got to do some Massive Burstdamage! Usually there is one or two opponents down within 10 seconds nuking them with 40k crits! You might die quicker, cuz the lack of defence, especially if they all lock their focus on you, but for sure you can kill one or two before that. You got the suprise-element in you favor. Just gotta Love it! At least, I do
    Not sure if serious. If you ever fought against anyone with common sense you would get silenced - cc or LoS'ed.

What'll you do after the burnphase? Leave the arena would be my guess

Deleted
    good luck mate, keep living bomb up and scorch weave

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post
    Not sure if serious. If you ever fought against anyone with common sense you would get silenced - cc or LoS'ed.

What'll you do after the burnphase? Leave the arena would be my guess
    Yeh, if the opponent is proper, they can control you, especially if you have a few battles with the same opponent. They know your trick then.
    But I got some CC as well, and I can go LoS as well. But true, sometimes you're fukked and can't do sjit.

After burnfase, I just keep nuking/cc-ing/LoS-evocate etc. Just try to help out best possible
    You'll be suprised how often my tactics works. Usually I am not the survivor at the end of the fight, but I always kill a few before I die.

10+ Year Old Account
    That tactic works below 1k rating. After that people finds their CC-buttons and you are screwed. Also, good luck vs any team containing melees.

---------- Post added 2011-09-21 at 02:34 PM ----------

Thanks a lot for the replies. Improved CoC will now be my choice. I think I'll play MMP, MLS or Mage/Spriest/heal then. I've played double mage in some lol2v2, and I'm really familliar with its power and I found it funny as hell as I crit 25/7. Also, about the dispell protection from Affliction Warlocks and Shadow Priest, very valid point. Will keep that in mind.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Deleted
    Yeh, if the opponent is proper, they can control you, especially if you have a few battles with the same opponent. They know your trick then.
    But I got some CC as well, and I can go LoS as well. But true, sometimes you're fukked and can't do sjit.

After burnfase, I just keep nuking/cc-ing/LoS-evocate etc. Just try to help out best possible
    You'll be suprised how often my tactics works. Usually I am not the survivor at the end of the fight, but I always kill a few before I die.
    They can see you're arcane while you're invis by the Arcane Tactics buff.

Those ferals and rogues are waiting to eat your face off before you get a single AB off.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want to play Fire in Arena, your best bet is 5v5. Dragon's Breath and BW work wonders with the clumps that form in that bracket.