Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Will WoW run on...

So will WoW run on this junk-o-matic laptop:

Acer; 1366 x 768; 15.6; Intel Core 2 Duo; P7350 2GHz; 4 GB RAM; Intel Graphics Media Accelerator UP TO 900MB; Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium; 590$

Or this fantastic-o-trash masterpiece:

Lenovo; 1366 x 768; 15.6; AMD Phenom II X3; N870 2.3 GHz x3; 4 GB RAM; ATI Mobility Radeon HD5470 512 MB; Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium; 570$

I've also got this chunk-o-technology to consider:

ACER; 1280 x 800; 15.6; Intel Core 2 Duo; P7350 2.0GHz; 4 GB RAM; Intel GMA 4500MHD up to 1GB;
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium; 480$

My budget on this is very tight. Does any of these can offer anything near normal performance or at least perform well on minimal graphic settings with increased particle density? Which would you choose keeping in mind you want to game on that... somewhat... (Prices are fictional BUT! proportional to the real ones thus should allow to compare; also only the first comp comes with an operating system so on the other two i'd be the one to install it manually, thus additional hassle)

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not, sadly. No GPU at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Lenovo is your best choice out of these 3. It will run good in 10 man, and even 25, but in 25man expect pretty low framerate (~20fps) on low settings
    Last edited by anb; 2011-09-21 at 08:46 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh, I thought that the second one is the best bet, still if it can't run WoW normally there's barely any point in investing. =]

Lol seriously? Ofc it will run. My desktop is kinda worse and i still run wow on medium/high details.

Lenovo btw.

You should be able to play on low on any of those, but you'll probably get lag spikes. My laptop has similar specs and I get 10-20fps on low, whoopie.

Quote Originally Posted by xtiiina View Post
    you'll probably get lag spikes
    It has nothing to lags. You get lag spikes when ur connection is overloaded. With slow PC u gonna get FPS issues.

Lenovo's own software is annoying as hell though

10+ Year Old Account
    Case: Thermaltake V3 Black $39.99
    Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts EA-650 GREEN 650W $69.99
    Motherboard: AsRock H61M-VS $59.99
    Processor: Intel Core i3 2100 $124.99
    CPU Cooler: Stock - Free
    RAM: G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) $34.99
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB $44.99
    Optical Disc Drive: Sony Optiarc SATA DVD/CD Burner $19.99
    Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 550 Ti $129.99
    Total: 524.92 USD (not including tax/shipping and also not including reduced prices and rebates)

If you have a spare copy of Windows you can use, I'd use that to save another 100$. Re-use the same monitor you have if you can, or buy a new one later. Going self-built is always a better option, even on a budget. Make cuts where you can to save and just do a slight amount of upgrading later.

That build was in Fuzzy's thread, but I altered a few things to make it a pretty decent machine for only a couple bucks more.