[Grid] How to make it show HP % and Debuffs?

I actually have two questions about the addon "Grid".

1. How do I show the raid players health as %? - I don't care for the deficit (the whole -105k etc thing) or the unit health (105k meaning the player has 105k current health). I would like it to show, at ALL times, the PERCENT of the player's current health (so if the player currently has 5000 HP, and their MAXIMUM is 10000 HP, I want it to say 50%). If anyone could answer that, I would be appreciative.

2. How do I configure the "Raid Debuffs" addon portion? - I would like to be able to move the "Raid Debuffs" thing to either the side, or the bottom, or somewhere on the square itself rather than smack dab in the middle between Center Text and Center Text 2. I would also love for it to have a countdown wheel and a countdown number (most likely gotten from OmniCC, which I have).

Thank you =)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Addons for grid, you can download them.

Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    Addons for grid, you can download them.
    Could you give me a specific one for the health percent? I looked but can't find it anywhere.

As for the raid debuffs addon, it's exceedingly limited in its options.

Edit: for the health percent, I even looked through forum after forum through google. None seem to know of one, so if you know of a hidden one, I'd really like to know it =)
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2011-09-21 at 10:28 AM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

You should try and google that percent thing, it's one of the more commonly asked questions, I'm sure there's a solution out there. Not possible with stock grid, but might be an easy lua edit. (e) Ok I see you tried. If you're ok with editing lua files, let me know, I'd give it a shot. (ee) On the other hand, you already have an indication of percentage from the health bar. If I were you, I'd think about if you really need a percentage number.

As for RaidDebuffs, you're confusing statusses and Indicators. GSRD gives you a status, which in turn can be shown via an indicator. All things you're asking of it have to be done by the indicator. So you need a suitable indicator plugin. Try GridIndicatorCornerIcons. Not sure if it gives you the countdown wheel, but if so, you'll need to configure omnicc to show a number I guess, because the icons will be pretty small and Omnicc has a minimum size configured.
    Last edited by Pyrates; 2011-09-21 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrates View Post
    You should try and google that percent thing, it's one of the more commonly asked questions, I'm sure there's a solution out there. Not possible with stock grid, but might be an easy lua edit. (e) Ok I see you tried. If you're ok with editing lua files, let me know, I'd give it a shot. (ee) On the other hand, you already have an indication of percentage from the health bar. If I were you, I'd think about if you really need a percentage number.

As for RaidDebuffs, you're confusing statusses and Indicators. GSRD gives you a status, which in turn can be shown via an indicator. All things you're asking of it have to be done by the indicator. So you need a suitable indicator plugin. Try GridIndicatorCornerIcons. Not sure if it gives you the countdown wheel, but if so, you'll need to configure omnicc to show a number I guess, because the icons will be pretty small and Omnicc has a minimum size configured.
    The only answers I got were back from 2008; all possible solutions have been out of date and just do not work. I was just handed this post: http://ubb.clandlc.com/ubbthreads.ph...r=38715&page=1 which gave me a .lua to just plugin to my folder, but it doesn't work as far as I know.

As for the raid debuffs thing... like is there a way to make it function more like Xperl? That would be perfect; I don't exactly want them in the corner of the box; I feel like that wouldn't show enough of it if you get what I mean.

Ok, so here's a hack. This will make the health deficit NOT show the deficit, but the percentage. The threshold setting won't do anything anymore, and neither the tooltip nor any other thing will reflect this change... i.e. it's in no way official or usable for everyone, but if you select the deficit to be shown, it will instead show the percentage. Open Statuses/GridStatusHealth.lua and find the following (starts at line 240)

Code:
    if (cur / max * 100) <= deficitSettings.threshold then
    		self.core:SendStatusGained(guid, "unit_healthDeficit",
    			deficitPriority,
    			(deficitSettings.range and 40),
    			(deficitSettings.useClassColors and self.core:UnitColor(guid) or deficitSettings.color),
    			deficitText,
    			cur, max,
    			deficitSettings.icon)
    	else
    		self.core:SendStatusLost(guid, "unit_healthDeficit")
    	end
    and replace it by

Code:
     deficitText = string.format("%d",floor(100*cur/max)) .. "%"

deficitPriority,
    		(deficitSettings.useClassColors and self.core:UnitColor(guid) or deficitSettings.color),
    		deficitText,
    		cur, max,
    		deficitSettings.icon)
    Note that this is drycoded, try it and tell me how it went You might want to replace " %" by "%" to not have the space.

As for the raid debuffs thing... like is there a way to make it function more like Xperl? That would be perfect; I don't exactly want them in the corner of the box; I feel like that wouldn't show enough of it if you get what I mean.
    No idea what you mean
    Last edited by Pyrates; 2012-09-16 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrates View Post
    Ok, so here's a hack. This will make the health deficit NOT show the deficit, but the percentage. The threshold setting won't do anything anymore, and neither the tooltip nor any other thing will reflect this change... i.e. it's in no way official or usable for everyone, but if you select the deficit to be shown, it will instead show the percentage. Open Statuses/GridStatusHealth.lua and find the following (starts at line 240)

Code:
    if (cur / max * 100) <= deficitSettings.threshold then
    			deficitPriority,
    			deficitText,
    			cur, max,
    			deficitSettings.icon)
    	else
    		self.core:SendStatusLost(guid, "unit_healthDeficit")
    	end
    and replace it by

Code:
     deficitText = string.format("%d",floor(100*cur/max)) .. " %"

deficitPriority,
    		deficitText,
    		cur, max,
    		deficitSettings.icon)
    Note that this is drycoded, try it and tell me how it went You might want to replace " %" by "%" to not have the space.

No idea what you mean
    That's !@#$ing awesome! Thanks!

Now could you tell this retarded noob how to / what to open .lua files with? :3

any text editor
    notepad, etc

Deleted
    Basic Notepad should do, but doesn't have line numbers and all that fancy stuff.

Personally, I recommend Notepad++ for all your Lua editing needs.

Yeah don't use notepad, get yourself notepad++, it's awesome without having to configure stuff.

Deleted
    There is an addon that give you extra "boxes" around grid to place your icons in. Not really sure what it's called and the % thingy should be available through and addon or LUA as well, just fiddle around with it, grid is always a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    That's !@#$ing awesome! Thanks!

Now could you tell this retarded noob how to / what to open .lua files with? :3
    Right Click -> Open -> Select program from list -> Notepad (uncheck always use the selected program to open this kind of file)
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    As for the debuff part of your post, have you tried GridIndicatorIconBar from curse. I think I remember using this a while back ago. I think you can anchor it anywhere on your Grid frames and I believe it has the countdown wheel and timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    As for the debuff part of your post, have you tried GridIndicatorIconBar from curse. I think I remember using this a while back ago. I think you can anchor it anywhere on your Grid frames and I believe it has the countdown wheel and timer.
    I have not, but I guess I'm about to :P

Thanks everyone for all the help! <3

---------- Post added 2011-09-22 at 11:44 AM ----------

@Pyrates: Worked perfectly. <3

Edit: ~2.5 years later, I'm still using the fix by Pyrates above

Edit 2: Back again. STILL USING IT.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-05-08 at 02:51 AM.