Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Exclamation So Blizzard employees are illiterate

Here's a screenshot of an email I just received from Blizzard. Turns out they don't know when to use "THEN" and "THAN".

http://clip2net.com/s/1bVci

/golfclap? Really, everybody makes mistakes sometimes... Except wookies of course (don't tear my arms off please).

Quote Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post
    Here's a screenshot of an email I just received from Blizzard. Turns out they don't know when to use "THEN" and "THAN".

http://clip2net.com/s/1bVci

So, you found one letter wrong in a whole email and suddenly a group of people are illiterate?

Was this really worth making a topic about?
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

You're right. Since one or two words slipped past, it must surely mean that everybody working at Blizzard are illiterate.

Deleted
    I guess having to cater to an illiterate audience can uneventfully cause this

Do you know what the word "illiterate" means?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

And Wow players are ignorant whining douches.

Sorry, we are judging the entire group based on one person, right OP?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your last forum post:
    The 4pc bonus is kinda meh, i'm wondering if i should spend the tokens on Elemental set instead.
    What say you?
    I is capitalized in I and I'm. Are you illiterate or something? Maybe if Blizzard had written in pure gibberish it would be worthy of note, but making an incredibly common mistake isn't surprising. Most Blizzard GMs are just normal people, not English professors.

Deleted
    I'm surprised Blizzard employees don't require therapy after dealing with the playerbase after 4 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Your last forum post:

I is capitalized in I and I'm. Are you illiterate or something? Maybe if Blizzard had written in pure gibberish it would be worthy of note, but making an incredibly common mistake isn't surprising. Most Blizzard GMs are just normal people, not English professors.
    Awesome, and with evidence to back it up. If only I had thought to do the same thing... Honestly, who thinks OP is even going to look back at this thread.

Go Go Gadget Post Count!

10+ Year Old Account
    Your last forum post:

You sir win the thread.

Well, I'm gonna go ahead and play devil's advocate here and say: Blizzard posts one little thing about possibly starting a premium service with cross-server invites and such and... the entire community exploded.

Now that same community is shredding someone for pointing out one little mistake they made.

That's why the WoW community is so poopy nowadays: One day everyone is losing their minds over something Blizzard is simply considering, usually something business savvy, and the next day they are defending them tooth and nail when someone points out a small flaw, ready to tear that person apart.

Just... silly. They have medications for a lot of you, it's probably at least worth looking into.

On Topic: I have seen MUCH dumber shit posted on MMO-Champ, and the threads roll on for days and days, this one is actually quite amusing just because of the silly people running to defend Blizzrd from the naysayer, lol, like anything would come of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Your last forum post:

I is capitalized in I and I'm. Are you illiterate or something?
    Thank you for saving me the time of doing this myself. I'm honestly surprised he could even type this post up when he's so illiterate.

Deleted
    This must be the most retarded thread that i've seen here on mmo-champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    This has to be the lowest Blizzard-bashing thread this month, nice work OP.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Mods, please close the thread. Don't care about post-count, this is a pointless thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I'm surprised Blizzard employees don't require therapy after dealing with the playerbase after 4 weeks
    I agree, I don't know how they do it....
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    I preferred this quote:

I need to diable blizzards standart Combat Floating Hext because in raids, when all the druids start spamming their HoTs i can't see shit because of those tiny numbers flying all over my screen.
    diable the standart hext? (also the I later on)

15+ Year Old Account
    Your last forum post:

Damn, he just got owned. Not every WoW player speaks english as their mother tongue, do they? Just like GMs they could come from all over the world. Also, if they'd be illiterate, they'd not be able to write at all...
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    Well, I'm gonna go ahead and play devil's advocate here and say: Blizzard posts one little thing about possibly starting a premium service with cross-server invites and such and... the entire community exploded.

Now that same community is shredding someone for pointing out one little mistake they made.

That's why the WoW community is so poopy nowadays: One day everyone is losing their minds over something Blizzard is simply considering, usually something business savvy, and the next day they are defending them tooth and nail when someone points out a small flaw, ready to tear that person apart.

Just... silly. They have medications for a lot of you, it's probably at least worth looking into.

On Topic: I have seen MUCH dumber shit posted on MMO-Champ, and the threads roll on for days and days, this one is actually quite amusing just because of the silly people running to defend Blizzrd from the naysayer, lol, like anything would come of it.
    The pope took a look at an upside-down cross when he was visiting some country.
    One guy declares that the pope is obviously a secret satanist, who's doing the devils work to turn humanity into a bunch of sinners.

And you're surprised that people are gonna jump at this guy? Really now?

---------- Post added 2011-09-22 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    Damn, he just got owned. Not every WoW player speaks english as their mother tongue, do they? Just like GMs they could come from all over the world. Also, if they'd be illiterate, they'd not be able to write at all...
    Irony.
    /10 chars