Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So where is the information on other MMO's?

I mean the website is MMO-Champ but rarely covers anything but WoW related stuff so isn't that a bit of false advertisement? Does Blizz contribute to this site? If so why "MMO-champ" why not totally biased to WoW fanboy-champ?
    I know the flaming will come and I am sure to get an infraction for asking a simple question.

Let me say this do I hate wow? No, I played it fanaticly for 5 years, March 06 was my sub date. I used this site as a referance tool quite frequently.

I see little to nothing about Rift which is an amazing game that has everything wow wishes it had Starting with graphics but you can't play on your Com64 and expect it too look amazing.
    Nothing on the warfronts.
    Nothing on the soul selections.
    Nothing on the end game.
    Nothing on the dynamic community raids.
    Nadda.

I also see very little on Swtor to bad because I would really be intrested to see an experienced forum community alike this one comment on the gameplay, calsses, questing.

Tera same nadda.

User posts do not count so don't link me to a forum post that the mods have deemed acceptable to keep up or not close do to it's nature or content.

10+ Year Old Account
    TotalHalibut, shows videos about gaming. You don't see videos about fishing there. It's just a name, deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Check me out on youtube! Playthroughs of Diablo 3, Minecraft and many other games with daily content!

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to the home page, look at the top of your browser....what's it say?

World of Warcraft News and Raiding Strategies.

Deleted
    They usually get their own megathreads but I think it would just be too much information constantly flowing through the front pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is his charchters name as well and he also will not do a Rift or well any other mmo vids. I think it has to do with his affiliation with Starcraft but w/e.

Deleted
    This has been answered a thousand times.
    Oh and btw, Rift sucks. What u on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Danzeg View Post
    I mean the website is MMO-Champ but rarely covers anything but WoW related stuff
    WoW is at the moment the MMO champion. You're contradicting yourself.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Deleted
    this is a wow fansite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmybob117 View Post
    TotalHalibut, shows videos about gaming. You don't see videos about fishing there. It's just a name, deal with it.
    Hahaha, you stole that from Jesse.

There's plenty of other info about other MMOs here, just look in the giant threads. Also, there's the Curse websites at the top of the page.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is asked quite often.

The answer is it's a WoW site. Name doesn't really matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    mmorpg.com is the news site you are looking for. This is a WoW fansite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    WoW is at the moment the MMO champion. You're contradicting yourself.
    Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good.

When there is a demand for it, there will be forums for it.

Currently there is no demand for it.

Why is that.....

Oh yeah! No other MMO has 11+ million accounts!

When another MMO starts to get millions and million of accounts, you will see its own forums here. Till then, we just get delightful little fiery tears fests like this post.

It just wouldn't be MMO-C without at least one of these threads each week!

To quote the Forum Rules:
    3. MMO-Champion is a World of Warcraft community
    Keep in mind that MMO-Champion is a World of Warcraft related community, ensure that your posts/threads in the World of Warcraft sections are World of Warcraft related.
    And to quote Bibi's WoW Insider interview:
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    The original plan was to include other MMOs, but I didn't expect the WoW part of the site to be so popular. It takes all my time now, and I don't think you will see any other MMO covered on MMO-Champion.

I really want to talk about a few other games like EVE Online or Diablo 3 -- but it won't be on MMO-Champion, and I won't do it until I have the time to do something nice with each site. I don't really want to use MMO-Champion's popularity to launch tons of new sites and just report official posts for every MMOs out there without any further research.

Deleted

Player base.
    Stop acting stupid man oO

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww you know what MMO-Champ has changed sorry didn't realise it and really never payed any attention to the Header since back in the day will delete from favorites .. you can close the thread now. thanks for the info.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    First place doesn't always mean the best either, but nevertheless, it's the only fair way to judge something as subjective as personal taste.

Anyway, I think you got your answers, but I'll recap:

- There IS info about other MMORPGs on here, if you look
    - It's just a name, and just how 'Google' isn't about a number with 100 zeroes (yes, I know, it's spelled googol), MMO-Champion doesn't have to be about other MMOs, or any MMOs at all
    - WoW is currently the most popular (read: champion) MMORPG.

Deleted
    I would really like to post a notthisshitagain.jpg but I'd get infracted so I'll write some useful information instead.

MMO-champion =/= website about all mmo's. Even though Boub has confirmed that this site is about World of Warcraft and in some cases other titles from Blizzard, if you still want to have a reason why the name is mmo-champion and not about all mmo's then you could say that champion is refering to the champion of mmo's which is world of warcraft (I don't think it's the best MMO but this is just to show that the name doesn't have to mean that it's a site for every MMO).

There are links to AION, Warhammer Online, TERA, Guild Wars 2 at the bottom and the top of the site. There are threads with a lot of information about every other mmo out there on this forum. What is wrong with the main part of this site focusing on world of warcraft when all the other sites doesn't ever talk about world of warcraft or discuss it on the forums? I'm sure mmo-champion is a lot more friendly about mentioning other mmo's than some of those community sites are.

If I was interested in those MMO's I'd go to a fansite for those mmo's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokka View Post

Player base.
    Stop acting stupid man oO
    And again so instead of a few idoits you have a gaggle of idoits .. gotcha. King of the idoits.