Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Alliance PVE racial

ive been told to go worgen which is nice but then im stuck between male and female, but is this the best race for shadow priest ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Draenei is mathematically better as 1% hit is just always good, but Darkflight can minimize amount of movement you need to perform by fair deal making them very close to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    Draenei is mathematically better as 1% hit is just always good, but Darkflight can minimize amount of movement you need to perform by fair deal making them very close to each other.
    This is incorrect. 1% hit rating is equivalent to 102.44574 points of hit. 1% crit rating is equivalent to 179.28004 points of crit. Even with crit being worth less per point than hit, the inflated amount of points you receive outweighs it.

Worgen are superior from a dps perspective, but there are arguments to be made for just about any race. I prefer my human priest because rep grinds annoy me and there always seems to be a fight or two per tier where I can take advantage of my free trinket. Unless you are extremely concerned with min/maxing I would advise picking a race you won't mind looking at.

Sort of there. If the extra 1% of hit you don't have to itemize for lets you have more haste it is more valuable than the 1% crit. Honestly though.. it doesn't make too big of a difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Sort of there. If the extra 1% of hit you don't have to itemize for lets you have more haste it is more valuable than the 1% crit. Honestly though.. it doesn't make too big of a difference.
    1% crit > 1% haste mate. The reason you don't reforge to crit is because you have use 179,28 stats to get 1% crit where as you only need 128,05 stats to get 1% haste. Oh and the movement speed is very good.

Deleted
    Gnome, 5% int.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aic View Post
    Gnome, 5% mana.
    Fixed.

OT: My priest is human for the extra spirit/hit, rep bonus and the free trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andsom View Post
    Fixed.

OT: My priest is human for the extra spirit/hit, rep bonus and the free trinket.
    sorry sir, but i stick by gnome even tho :3

Gnome, bigger mana pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    1% crit > 1% haste mate. The reason you don't reforge to crit is because you have use 179,28 stats to get 1% crit where as you only need 128,05 stats to get 1% haste. Oh and the movement speed is very good.
    Exactly the point. 1% hit is only 102.446 rating to play with 102 haste rating is > 102 crit rating. Which was my point there.

15+ Year Old Account
    I personally think that the 1% hit will always be superior unless they itemize current tier BIS with so much hit you won't be able to reforge to anything worth it, but given that in current tier you will be unable to reach cap if you are lackin even 1 crucial item I would always go Draenei for farm content and Worgen for progress.

Honestly it is all really close and doesn't matter too much. It really doesn't matter what you roll there are various ways to abuse all the racials (well except the nelf wisp).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Exactly the point. 1% hit is only 102.446 rating to play with 102 haste rating is > 102 crit rating. Which was my point there.
    You gain 1% hit from being Draenei (+102.45 stats)
    You gain 1% crit from being Worgen (+179.28 stats)
    179.28 crit > 102.45 reforged haste
    Worgen > Draenei

However you are completely not paying attention to the fact that having 102 more haste makes crossing haste plateaus that much easier which are more important than more crit and each one you cross add more of a dps boost than just 1% more crit. Either way it really is not a huge deal, because I know this is shocking, but the advantages offered between the two races are really tiny. It comes down to your preference. It is not exactly as if worgen spriests are demolishing all the other races in dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human or gnome for greater justice.

SPACEGOAT~!!!

Arlee wtf, when did you become a mod?!?! lol
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    For the sake of min/maxing, I'd go gnome as disc, human as holy and worgen as shadow (sprint trivialise the crit-haste debate IMO).
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2011-09-23 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Arlee wtf, when did you become a mod?!?! lol
    Last night I had meant to tell you but then I got sidetracked being annoyed with my fellow raiders some of whom have apparently decided that post nerfs raiding is pointless... which required us bringing in new people for Rag... and well... yea ><

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you're not a dickwad like some of the new mods are Arlee. I've been forced to leave the fun stuff forums and I'm never going back.