Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How Deathwing dies in the Future!

So im assuming everyone has seen the future dragonblight pic showing deathwing dead on Wyrmrest Temple... Now as for how he dies I think I have figured it out...

A) Galakrond ressurected by an old god which would explain the giant hole where his bones used to be in one of the pictures they posted and the tentacle in it... This would also explain how Deathwing got speared on Wyrmrest Temple.

B) Deathwing was flapping along in the dragonblight getting ready to attack the tower whennnnn..... BAM!!! He gets nailed with a giant plasma beam coming down from the sky Grafton style from Halo Reach!!!! It would seem that Rhonin finally decided to put his 24mil mana to use...

Would love to link the video from Tip of the Spear but can't...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the second one.

No, not really, the Old Gods just make him go absolutely crazy-flakes and dive-bomb the top of Wyrmrest, wiping out the last traces of the Titans planetary defense system and paving the way for their eternal reign.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael8 View Post

B) Deathwing was flapping along in the dragonblight getting ready to attack the tower whennnnn..... BAM!!! He gets nailed with a giant plasma beam coming down from the sky Grafton style from Halo Reach!!!! It would seem that Rhonin finally decided to put his 24mil mana to use...
    New sig

The Old Gods drove Deathwing insane. He killed himself.

Its possible he was in human form, flying around on his own boss mount drop (since no one got it) and went to hit a button but hit his mount button by accident and dismounted. He happened to be over Wyrmwrest at the time, and he scrambled to find his dragon form button, got it, but it was just too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    C) After doing what he was told to do, ushering in the hour of Twilight and destroying Azeroth, The Old Gods had no more use for him and took all his power away. Dragonblight is where all dragons go to die, so he simply went out in style.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

10+ Year Old Account
    He's flying over Dragonblight, and he starts wigging out because of the insanity, and starts plummeting towards Wyrmrest Temple because he can't flap his wings anymore.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    From the look of his corpse, I think he did a General Grievous. His guts caught fire, and he roasted from the inside out.
    Originally Posted by Fargo (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The primordial soup that creates heroes never tastes of rainbows -- it’s a lumpy gumbo of suffering and evil.

Deathwing just got dumped and fired from his job. He couldn't such a depressing life anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmaul View Post
    From the look of his corpse, I think he did a General Grievous. His guts caught fire, and he roasted from the inside out.
    How do guts that are already lava catch fire?

10+ Year Old Account
    we need to screenshot him impaled and show it to him so he'll turn all good and fart rainbows instead of fire.
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

Theory A isn't too bad, always wanted to see what the massive Galakrond would look like (who pretty much dwarfs all dragons and aspects as he's the ancestral proto-dragon); kinda sad that he never did get rezzed in wotlk, would've made a nasty boss to fight instead of hearing Sindragosa's horrid voice every damn time.

More than likely, my guess is that the Old Gods finally rise out of the earth and decide to impale him for fun. Then they rez Rag and Al'akir and proceed to have fun partying until the Titans re-originate Azeroth.

It's clear that the Gnome in the Badlands use his world shrinker, grabs him, and plants him up there. Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael8 View Post
    A) Galakrond ressurected by an old god which would explain the giant hole where his bones used to be in one of the pictures they posted and the tentacle in it... This would also explain how Deathwing got speared on Wyrmrest Temple.
    I saw no tentacles just some bones

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebontail View Post
    I saw no tentacles just some bones
    Right here:
    http://us.media5.battle.net/cms/gall...6201734746.jpg

Although I'm actually not sure if that's Galakrond's rest or not. There's definitely Forgotten Ones on the rise in Dragonblight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw. I guess your ideas make more sense.

I imagined that Deathwing's molten guts became so utterly corrupted by the Old Gods' influence that he burst out of his old body like an insect shedding a shell, and went rampaging around the world as some sort of horrible molten tentacle-monster, destroying civilization. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Right here:
    http://us.media5.battle.net/cms/gall...6201734746.jpg

Although I'm actually not sure if that's Galakrond's rest or not. There's definitely Forgotten Ones on the rise in Dragonblight.
    That's the Mirror of Dawn. You can see the Bronze Dragonshrine to the left.

If you read the Thrall: TotA you will agree with me, that deathwing simply gets owned by his "creation" (will not spoil who) - the dreaded beast from the book. I have a feeling we will see some of it in the "past" 5man.
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted
    Deathwing was hijacked by anti Alexstrasza extremists and then crashed into the temple...

Deleted
    maybe ,after the old gods had all they needed from deathwing, they release the spell which hold his mind and when he saw what he had done he impaled himself