Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    if 2 healers spamming you with flash heal cant keep you up without an external, you should really look into what your healers are doing. We have had it down for over 2 months and have NEVER used an external for the sp

10+ Year Old Account
    We have three spriests rotate and use the Mirror of broken Images on 12 Stacks and Dispersion after that. (One of them doesn't have that trinket, he gets a Pain Sup instead). They're healable by a single disc priest quite easily.

Hey, i'm soaking crystals in my guild when we're doing baleroc, & i don't need any help from other dps, which would be bad too (more people getting tormented). The way we do this in my guild (Should announce it's 25m) is that i got myself a disc priest pain sup me @ around 12-14 stacks, can't say correct number, & i disperse at 19 but before 20 (pain sup should just wear off after i use my disperse.). Then i wait 'till the healers say when can they keep me up (most likely in 3 mins when pain sup is again available.).
    Should also say that i'm taking 2nd crystals, but idk if that matters actually.

I handle one of the shards solo for my guild in baleroc, we do this fight with 2 spriest atm. Normally I would grab the 1st shard on ranged group, where the 2nd spriest grabs the 2nd shard in melee. Below is the easy to remember instruction on how to do it

How to solo a shard:

If have the TB trinket.

Stack 1-10: Take like normal,

Stack 11: Pop TB Trinket (if have.) The TB trinket should last you until stack 20-22 (depending on when you pop it). Anytime between this stack and when you hit dispersion. If the healers on you feel your dipping too low you at most would get either a pain sub or barrier.

Stack 19 or 20: Dispersion though the rest. Doing dispersion at 19, There is a slight possibility that we could get hit with the 25th when Dispersion fades off.

YOU DON'T NEED TO GLYPH FOR DISPERSION.

If you don't have the TB trink,

Stacks 1-10, You take like normal. On stack 11 if you have a pally healing you or in general, have them use HoS. That should last you to stack 20, You may need another CD but the healers on you should be watching for that.

Stack 19-20, Dispersion

Again, YOU DON'T NEED TO GLYPH DISPERSION. It will be back up by the time you need to get your next crystal on the order.

In my case, I get 1st ranged, 5th ranged and lastly 9th ranged (although he died this week in the middle of this one). Where the other spriest in our group grabs 2nd melee, 6th melee and 10th melee.
    Last edited by lovecraft; 2011-09-23 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    How to solo a shard:

If have the TB trinket.

Stack 1-10: Take like normal,

Stack 11: Pop TB Trinket (if have.) The TB trinket should last you until stack 20-22 (depending on when you pop it). Anytime between this stack and when you hit dispersion. If the healers on you feel your dipping too low you at most would get either a pain sub or barrier.

Stack 19 or 20: Dispersion though the rest. Doing dispersion at 19, There is a slight possibility that we could get hit with the 25th when Dispersion fades off.
    This is how we do it, 3 SPriests tanking all of the ranged shards while calling for backups if we get the debuff refreshed.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    In my case, I get 1st ranged, 5th ranged and lastly 9th ranged (although he died this week in the middle of this one). Where the other spriest in our group grabs 2nd melee, 6th melee and 10th melee.
    IF you have 4 sets of ranged soakers, then you don't need to glyph Dispersion. If you're running with 3 sets of soakers, then you DO need to glyph it otherwise it will not be up.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Healers have hero at the start of the fight for me and because they are spamming their fastest heals on my I dont need a CD for the 1st shard. I often get a sac on the 2nd and 3rd time I soak, but even without that a healthstone and a pw:s help the healers quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by gcmascot View Post
    if 2 healers spamming you with flash heal cant keep you up without an external, you should really look into what your healers are doing. We have had it down for over 2 months and have NEVER used an external for the sp
    If you have an HPal healing, the best way to build stacks is using instants instead of casting, which is very low hps. So having external CD's allows them to build tons of stacks, which helps because HPal's dominate that fight if they can build a good amount of stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...... the amount of confusion here is redicolous.
    you don't need any form of cooldowns (except dispersion), they help, but are far from needed... just stand there, take to 19 stacks, and BEFORE the 20th you pop dispersion, easy as pie

OP, I assume you're doing 10 heroic? I don't know about 25 man heroic, but on 10 heroic you will need a few defensive cooldowns to get you from 10-19 before the spriest can disperse. The Spriest will die, even if getting spam healed, to ticks 15-19 if they don't have some kind of cooldown. Aura Mastery, Tol Barad trinket, Pain Supression, Hand of Sacrifice, etc etc as have been mentioned by others in this thread.

Don't listen to the Arcane Mage above me that clearly has no idea what his own guild does and is just along for the ride.
    Last edited by whatthefudge; 2011-09-23 at 05:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can believe that you don't need any CDs until 19 stacks unless you are raiding on 10 man. It's fair enough and makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aic View Post
    Hand of sac from a paladin at 12. dispersion at 18-19 winning.
    I did it by mistake at 18 once or twice... died when I popped out of dispersion at 25. It's only 6 seconds you know. And no, as Ulltima said, you don't need CDs until 19.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    you don't even need to sacrifice DPS by switching out the gay trinket from Tol Barad, or getting cooldowns from healers...
    I always heal a Shadow Priest during HC Baleroc and they stay up NP until the 20th stack (with no form of external cooldowns) when it's time to pop Dispersion(glyphed). What healers are healing you? because I could understand it being "sort of" hard for two resto druids that aren't specd into HT. I go disc for that btw and I have NEVER popped Pain Sup on a Shadow Priest. I think even before the massive nerf, people weren't using cooldowns on the shadow priests...
    [/CENTER]

dispersion with the 19th stack on you, tol barad trinket @ 11, if you want to play it safe.

as to the guy that didn't want to use glyph of dispersion: you have to use it, if you want to take every third shard (which should be the case most of the time, to increase the number of people that are not assigned and can intervene in case of emergency). besides that,, which glyph do you want to use instead of dispersion? shadowword: death? good luck with that on baleroc heroic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notanarrogantwizard View Post
    dispersion with the 19th stack on you, tol barad trinket @ 11, if you want to play it safe.

as to the guy that didn't want to use glyph of dispersion: you have to use it, if you want to take every third shard (which should be the case most of the time, to increase the number of people that are not assigned and can intervene in case of emergency). besides that,, which glyph do you want to use instead of dispersion? shadowword: death? good luck with that on baleroc heroic
    You can take yourself out of the rotation if you want to maximise DPS when Baleroc is sub 25%. It is not hard to do, you just need another DPS to take your place. And if you have good DPS, you can even three heal it and make the fight very trivial.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2011-09-25 at 01:04 AM.

We have the Disc Priest solo heal me through it.. I disperse right as the stack turns to 19 and it disappears right as dispersion is up. Our Hpally is on other heals at that point

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe our healers just suck more than I thought but I start dying at 15 without any cds. I've always gotten a sac before I dispersion

Once you hit 19 of the debuff you can safely disperse and live through the rest, I used to use the mastery trinket from TB earlier, but found our healers had no issue keeping me alive prior to that point anyway, dispersion's the only CD that gets used. This is for 10man, our tank does receive a CD or two to survive both healers focusing me instead of him though (think one swaps off early).
    Last edited by Estarliia; 2011-09-25 at 08:37 AM.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    We just throw all kinds of cooldowns on our Shadow Priest.

HoSac from our tank pally, Pain Suppresion, Power Word: Barrier, Dispersion.

Can be done with less cooldowns though. We just throw out everything as the cooldowns aren't really needed anywhere else in the fight and to make it easier on the guy who stacks Vital Sparks off the priest. The cool thing is, with the above mentioned cooldowns (minus Dispersion of course) any class can take 25 stacks from a shard with ease. Pop HoSac at 12-13, Barrier at 15, PS at 17-18 and you're set.

Using HoSac as a tank pally with absurd amounts of hitpoints is just total win.
    Last edited by Venara; 2011-09-25 at 10:23 AM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Didn't read all the posts but I'm sure it's been covered. Take stacks to 12 > hand of sacrafice > take stacks to 19 > disperse. If that's not working it's a heal issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can just get 24 stacks there is no big difference tbh and they should able to keep you up @18 without cds.
    Our priest is keeping up most of the times till 18 i disperse on 19
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-09-26 at 07:37 AM.