Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    disperse at 18 its pretty easy

Deleted
    The way my guild has been doing it is: Sac from a holly pally at around 10-12 then you disperse at 19, dont dispere earlier or u'll take 1 hit from the crystal at 25 stacks, and you might get 1 shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way our guild usually does it is I pop Pain Suppression at 13 stacks and dispersion at 19
    My Armoury 7/7 HC Firelands

Currently specc'd "Non-Discipline" FUCK RAID MITIGATION CD'S WE ARE HEALERS

Oh and don't pop a shield on yourself as a shadowpriest ( like someone here suggested) if you have a disc priest healing you, else you will make him very very angry...

Quote Originally Posted by Dianthe View Post
    Oh and don't pop a shield on yourself as a shadowpriest ( like someone here suggested) if you have a disc priest healing you, else you will make him very very angry...
    Personally this was a very hard habit for me to unlearn. We raided so long without a healing priest that I would do it before high damage things to help... wouldn't even think about just bam shield... and then when we got a disc priest all we heard on vent was "Arlee I am going to kill you!!!". SO yea... if you don't have a disc priest in you group (or even a non-disc) they shield yourself, it might only be a small shield but it will help. Otherwise... take shield off your bar

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pop AM / PS / Spirit link / Sac at around 15-16 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldemic View Post
    disperse at 18 its pretty easy
    In 25 popping dispersion at 18 would mostly likely include your untimely demise at 25.

---------- Post added 2011-09-26 at 03:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by notanarrogantwizard View Post
    dispersion with the 19th stack on you, tol barad trinket @ 11, if you want to play it safe.

as to the guy that didn't want to use glyph of dispersion: you have to use it, if you want to take every third shard (which should be the case most of the time, to increase the number of people that are not assigned and can intervene in case of emergency). besides that,, which glyph do you want to use instead of dispersion? shadowword: death? good luck with that on baleroc heroic
    If you seen the end of my post. I take every 4th crystal (ranged side), even with 8 total groups of soaks (melee and ranged) we still have 4 backups and are able to get the boss down in ample time. (25 man wise)

All you need is a little help with CDs from other classes. Cast Disperse at around 18 or 19 stacks and you can ride the rest of the ticks out easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianthe View Post
    Actually, do shield yourself. I don't see why a disc priest would want to waste 1 GCD to shield when it doesn't grant him any stacks.

In 25 popping dispersion at 18 would mostly likely include your untimely demise at 25.
    I mean once you take the 18 stack hit then disperse before the 19th. disperse wears off just after the 25th stack

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Personally this was a very hard habit for me to unlearn. We raided so long without a healing priest that I would do it before high damage things to help... wouldn't even think about just bam shield... and then when we got a disc priest all we heard on vent was "Arlee I am going to kill you!!!". SO yea... if you don't have a disc priest in you group (or even a non-disc) they shield yourself, it might only be a small shield but it will help. Otherwise... take shield off your bar
    I was doing that too for a little while. Glad I'm not the only crazy one.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    For our Heroic Baleroc, we use 3 shadow priests. Other casters are backups in case of refresh by Countdown or if someone's being a baddie :P

We use the trinket at 12 stacks, then Dispersion at 20 stacks.

Also, the guy saying "disperse at 18" doesn't know what he's talking about. :P
    Last edited by Veiled; 2011-09-26 at 07:53 PM.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Aura mastery/sac/TB trinket/pain sup/divine guardian/pw barrier

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Actually, do shield yourself. I don't see why a disc priest would want to waste 1 GCD to shield when it doesn't grant him any stacks.
    I think the glyph does grant a stack though. However the discpriest could be flash healing instead of using pws, which would be more healing combined than the discpriest casting pws on his own and then flash healing.

If you aren't using BL along with Dispersion it won't work out. Dispersion alone isn't enough, you will need a trinket, extra CD of which you only need one. I pain suppress at 15 and our druid which we use, Boomkin, Barksins, and our pally will hand of sac. We two heal that way. I save barrier for our next person whom we normally try and roll 16ish or 18ish on then let someone grab the lingering stacks. Sometimes our second shard person makes the 19 mark, but with out BL and only one healer watching it gets scary.

Deleted
    We use one shadow priest for the first shard just as you said. The way to do it is by the healers using theirs cd's on you. We run me(disc) and a holy paladin. When the first shard is up out shadow priest takes it and once he gets to 10 stacks i put barrier on him and then he disperses at 19 stacks. Healing wice we use slow cast mana neutral spell in the beginning and then once i pop barrier we swich to fast inifficient heal, i start using flash heal spam at around 9-10 stacks - this way we get roughly 80 ish stacks on the first shard making tank healing pie hope this helps

edit: we use heroism/BL around the time the first shard spawn aswell
    Last edited by mmocbe795e084a; 2011-09-27 at 01:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many ways to do it. Depending on what classes you have.
    Disperse RIGHT after 19th stack

hand of Sac if you have it at 8-9 stacks so it will last until the dispersion
    if Disc priest and no pally use PS @ 12th stack for one soak and barrier at the 10th stack for the next soak (SPriest soaks only)

Should be doable without externals now that damage is nerfed if you have TB trinket. Pop TB Trinket @ 10th stack healer heal hard.