Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[PvE]: Guild vs Guild Gauntlet

Hey Guys posted this a bit ago but in the wrong forums.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Guild-Gauntlet

Quote Originally Posted by Jekdin View Post
    So, this idea came from be after watching an OLD PvE type video of Nhilim or w/e you call them doing a Gauntlet that blizzard built for a stage, the idea is basicaly Two 10 man guilds Queue up (sort of like and RBG but for PvE, maybe call it GvGG)

It would look (obv not like this but the map layout)

Chest: Would have 10k Gold 10 of Each Flask (Tank | Melee | Caster | Healer), and personally not sure if it would be over kill or not but maybe current Tier tokens.

Boss 1: Not "Easy" bot compared to the other 2 this would be the easy boss, a basic, don't stand in fire and burn.

Boss 2: Basic Don't stand in fire burn but with a twist, something like add control / killing + Taunt swapping, meaning adds have to be burned fast so tanks can switch.

Boss 3: Hardest of them all, Keep your one and 2 rules and add something like raid bomb (player gets a debuff, dealing no damage to them but after X seconds they blow up and anyone around them losses 90% HP, add in the fire this could cause some serious problems ^_^) etc, I don't know I'm not a big PvE person so I'm not sure whats hard.

Anyway each boss would have a 10 min Enrage time, and you can wipe and start over, but you have to remember you're racing another raid, and that loot + gold is and could be loss due to it.

I was thinking of maybe adding an "Arena type" thing at the end if both players get to the end at the same time that they have to fight each other for it, much like in the Gurubashi, not to sure on that.

Obv this is a rough idea , I hope to fix it up and polish it etc and maybe submit it to blizzard to maybe see it in the new Xpac ^_^

So what do you think MMOC.

C&C + Flaming On!

I like it.
    With a little balancing and polishing it could work, and it would be awesome!
    The general idea is great, just need a little balancing....

10+ Year Old Account
    i like it... sounds like a great break to the raiding grind.
    Your Add Here!

Yeah that would be fun.
    PvEvP ?

Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    Yeah that would be fun.
    PvEvP ?
    Thanks guys and yea I'm workings on tweaks atm.

I I want it to be PvEvP but not sure how that would work out due to Resil not being a PvE stat.

I Picture it like this.

(say 10 players)

Queue up like you would RBG picks another guild from any place in the (like Arena and RBGs to decrease Queue times)

Step in you have 1 - 5 mins to buff.

Timer ticks down I'd say 35 mins to get to the end, once timer started.

10 min boss enrage timers and 5 mins between times, drinking etc.

IF you happen to kill the boss at the same time or within seconds of each other and the gate opens, its a brawl fighting to open the chest. First one to get it open wins.

Also I thought about having a ladder system, best guild gets X title

Rank 1: Gauntlet Gladiator Bob
    Rank 2: Gauntlet Rival Bob
    Rank 3: Gauntlet Champion Bob
    Mass Rank top .X%: Gauntlet Hero Bob

Not sure still working out things before I post it on the blizzard forums etc for da blues to see.

Sign me up. I'd love to do this competitively against other top US guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like an awesome idea, Would the Queue work based off ilvl? if so that would have to exempt pvp gear, then again i seen some players do geat in pvp gear. Any ideas on the Queuing? ordeal

Interesting concept, pitch it in;P.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

It sounds pretty fun to me. Gives PvE a sort of eSport feel.

Also, on a side note, it's nice to see a thread in the Raids and Dungeons section that doesn't have to do with FL nerfs.

Just got home from work thanks for the support guys ^_^

Thinking on a Queue system to follow.

Not sure if ilvl (over all added avrg or maybe if a ranking system base off rating)

You've got to have a ranking system, otherwise the top guilds will stomp others all the time. You're probably going to have to make it repeatable so that the queue doesn't dry up. It has the feeling of something that would be good for generating cheap raid supplies. I wouldn't think it suits dropping gear though, and I dare say the size of the rewards listed are a bit over the top.

Guild titles or something based on rankings would be good for keeping people interested. Reset the rankings every new tier and ramp up the bosses.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Competitive PvE for those of us not pushing world firsts, how interesting. The only real issue I see with this that stops the core of the idea from progressing will be obnoxious class stacking. I.E, this feature is released, and whoever wins is really whoever gets the most Shadow priests with the best RNG.
    1% of the Heroes control 100% of the winrates
    #occupyantimage
    #occupynaturesprophet

I think the general concept is great and would love to see some sort of organized PVE competitive event like this.

Assuming that a group is allowed to compete more than once a week, the listed rewards are so completely over the top its not even funny. 1k gold a piece and possibly some loot for what would probably be ~20min worth of effort?

Any reward beyond possibly something like Valor points and some cool achievements/titles/vanity items should be tossed out.

My recommendation to make it even more interesting, and hopefully avoid things like it becoming too repetitive too fast, class stacking issues previously mentioned, and other miscellaneous absurdities that come from repeating the same task over and over again too many times would be if they could somehow randomize the bosses you get each time. Something like the following would probably be easiest from a developer standpoint:

Each team ports into the "Arena" which would look something like:

Where A & B are the teams and X is the Chest/Prize/"IWINButton"

Each team has 3 "portals" in their section of the room that need to be "closed"

To close a portal, the team jumps through the portal and finds themselves in a random boss room where they need to defeat the boss and then jump back through the portal in order to "close" the portal.

Once all portals have been closed, the Gate to the center area with the X opens and the team runs in to claim their prize/win/victory.

The idea is much more scale-able and would allow the development team to recycle the art/environments from any of the hundreds of bosses that are already in the game. The development costs of retweaking and re-balancing all of the bosses would be pretty substantial though. (but at least it would be something that they could do over time instead of having to roll it all out at once)

Finally, you could probably come up with some relatively fancy lore to fit this in with some sort of infinite dragonflight task force or something like the Azerothian version of time cops policing all of the baddies from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    You've got to have a ranking system, otherwise the top guilds will stomp others all the time. You're probably going to have to make it repeatable so that the queue doesn't dry up. It has the feeling of something that would be good for generating cheap raid supplies. I wouldn't think it suits dropping gear though, and I dare say the size of the rewards listed are a bit over the top.

Guild titles or something based on rankings would be good for keeping people interested. Reset the rankings every new tier and ramp up the bosses.
    Yea, Not a bad idea.

Drop tier... so its not a once a week type thing would dry out the Queue system.

---------- Post added 2011-09-22 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtsparkles View Post
    Competitive PvE for those of us not pushing world firsts, how interesting. The only real issue I see with this that stops the core of the idea from progressing will be obnoxious class stacking. I.E, this feature is released, and whoever wins is really whoever gets the most Shadow priests with the best RNG.
    And this works in raiding right? didn't think so.

Deleted
    Nice idea
    Should just use MMR like rated BG system, but bosses should be random (3 levels of difficulty, but more bosses of each difficulty randomly selected) so it's not just a mad DPS/execution race

This deserves more love. You could add a ranking system and make the encounter difficulty scale with the guild ranking so it stays a challenge regardless at what level you play.

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    This deserves more love. You could add a ranking system and make the encounter difficulty scale with the guild ranking so it stays a challenge regardless at what level you play.
    Yes, good idea.

So lets say a ranking system of 100 per win. just to keep it on a base level, no scaling or MMR type stuff with the PvP crap.

1 Win = +100 Points.

1 Loss = -200 Points.

Hard, but prevents win trading, you would never go up.

Also I think it would have to be a "CORE" team, to prevent Difficulty Exploiting like people in RBGs do with MMR.

(A bunch of 2400+ Teams invite like 2-4 0 or super low rated teams, taking the MMR from 2400 down to 2k-2.2k range and wipe the flow and win some points)

Edit: I think I've got this mostly worked out with few holes in the system I will be posting this later tonight after work. ^_^ Thanks all any last min ideas would be great!

I like this idea.

Now would it be only guild groups? Or would it be like the LFR tool?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it sounds like a really fun idea. But I also think that it'd be really, really hard to balance properly or without causing a big uproar about fairness, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekdin View Post
    And this works in raiding right? didn't think so.
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...f_killshot.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...method_nef.jpg
    1% of the Heroes control 100% of the winrates
    #occupyantimage
    #occupynaturesprophet