Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Is it me or is Blizzard being Lazy?

I can understand that the new 5man instances are using reskinned models for bosses. So far only, what we assume is Azshara, is using a new model. Well to be more precise, she has a new dress model on her standard night-elven body and Murozond is using a slightly different standard dragon model, with a new skin over it.
    Other than that, the bosses so far appear to be recolors/reskins or old models wearing old gear (Benedictus)
    I can only hope, that Varo'then and Mannoroth get unique models.

But I assumed that at least the Raid would introduce some cool new unique models....I mean in ICC we got "marrowgar, lady deathwhisper, proffesor putress, rotface, and that Queen vampire"

WAht the heck Blizzard??!!!
    Both Old God minions are a rehash of a previous mob/boss.
    Ultraxion is theralion/valiona with light effects and slight modifications
    We get a forsaken and some tauren riding a standard drake....SERIOUSLY??? WTH???

For the love of God, please let them be Placeholders (although I doubt they would use placeholders in the preview, but still)

So we have around 20 bosses (5man and raid) and a few lore characters that could be upgraded.
    And the only new models so far:
    -Lady Azshara's dress
    -Murozond
    -Ysera

(I'll be assuming they update Kalecgos's dragon model too for the final deathwing fight and add a murozond reskin/slightly modified as Nozdormu's dragonform for the final fight)

So whooptiedooo.... what...5 new models so far.....When that PTR hits, they better have something new to show...else I am very dissapointed, seeing as this is the raid that this whole expac revolves around. :S

Anyone else agree that Blizzard is being extremely lazy when it comes to Boss appearances?
    Thank God the Tier sets are looking quite refreshing so far.

EDIT: I meant not to say BLizzard is lazy, the tiers looks great, the content in this patch is humongeous, it's just that the team responsible for how the bosses look like are definitely not working as hard as the other teams
    Last edited by Vasti; 2011-09-20 at 02:32 PM.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted
    I don't give a sh*t how the NPC's will look...aslong the content is fun.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't care less of the models OP, I care for the gameplay and it's simple as that; It's no surprise that they are lazy.

Seeing as Cata has been a giant cut-and-paste for the most part, none of that surprises me.

wasnt this posted last night somewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just you

Fret not, it's only a preview. I'm willing to bet a large sum of money we'll see new models for a lot of these bosses when the final version hits live servers. I remember Marrowgar was just a big skeleton when ICC was being developed, and look at the model he got!

Since I'd say we're still a month or so off from release, yeah some of those models are probably placeholders. It could also be that they're lazy, or not as talented as the old design team that Blizzard shunted over to the Titan project.

Deleted
    If you know how programming works you would definetly wouldnt say that blizzard is laizy.

15+ Year Old Account
    i have to admit i lol'd when i saw General Vezax as a boss in the new raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me, or is everyone generally tired of seeing the word "lazy" in every post that makes inquiries into content, design, etc.?
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

10+ Year Old Account
    actual engaging content is far more important that boss models. yea, you gotta stare in their vicinity during the fight(s), but IMO, i would rather them focus on mechanics and the like. plus its not even in PTR phase yet. the models can improve...thats why this was a "preview".

10+ Year Old Account
    Hagara is an elemental ascendant, isn't she? I think I recall reading somewhere that she was.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a WIP...

I'm pretty sure there's gonna be more bosses in all the 5-mans

Deleted
    Yes it is you, no I didin't read your post.

Coming from someone in a developer environment, some people don't realize that NOTHING is as simple as cut and paste in development. Especially when Cata's content was all new versions of art and programming. But then again, you people complain about anything and everything.
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

Deleted
    Blizzard is a business it needs to make a profit. It has shareholders just like any other company and they demand results. They dont want to see Blizzard making a loss.

The past model of loads of content not very often cost money, they have lost subs and need to cash that money back in to please everyone concerned with the profits they make.

This is why your going to see "Less content more more often". Your most likely to see expansions released quicker because its an extra thing to sell. Make an expansion only have 3 raids and add little to the game and release another a year and a bit later and do the same.

The same goes for anything the develop they need to cut costs on everything each year if sub numbers don't rise to continue to make a profit.

Profit>Customers.

They cant please every customer out there its a game with 11million players (or there about) someone will always be unhappy. They could be ass-holes and rise the sub cost instead, but they haven't.

If you don't like the game how it is being run now, then no one is forcing you to continue to play it. Me and my whole guild are migrating to SWTOR or GW:2 when they are out because we are not happy. The same thing happening to blizzard will happen to SWTOR/GW:2 Eventually also and at that point i will move onto another game

Could it not also be said that the ICC bosses were all new NPCs to the game, whereas we are dealing with either existing NPCs and/or equivalent NPCs to ones we have seen. Why should the Warlord fella look much different to other big bad Faceless types? Maybe they all look the same? And if they went too far with some of the drakes etc they'd probably get the same amount of moaning about gaudy looking models etc.

As said by others, could still be placeholders, but I really dont see much to moan about...I mean, everyone hated Marrowgar right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aztrazolo View Post
    Is it just me, or is everyone generally tired of seeing the word "lazy" in every post that makes inquiries into content, design, etc.?
    Definitely not just you, it's exceedingly frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they had better model designers, you wouldn't need to worry about new models becoming too "gaudy".

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    It's a WIP...

I'm pretty sure there's gonna be more bosses in all the 5-mans
    Think three bosses is a fair amount, when you think that people make complaints about how it takes an hour to do a heroic because of all the trash between bosses or whatever. Think it's fine you can do a heroic with three bosses, instead of, say, five.