Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Books] Favorite character and House from A Song of Ice and Fire? (No spoilers).

As the title implies, what is your favorite character(s) and house in "A Song of Ice and Fire" series? I have almost finished "A Storm of Swords" and I have been loving the series and I would love to hear other's thoughts.

Don't spoil anything for people who have not gotten as far in the series, spoilers suck.

My favorite character (s) would have to be Jon Snow, Jeor Mormont, and Bronn (Gotta love him). There are other characters as well, but I will keep it short.

My favorite house: Greyjoy; the lords of the Iron islands and decendents of the first men who landed on the iron islands and found the seastone chair.

"WE DO NOT SOW" are the best words of any house in my opinion

Again, thoughts? Again, no spoilers please
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

I am only on the second book but I love Tryion Lanister. Especially after seeing how much of a badass he is in the show. I also like Jon Snow a lot he is pretty cool too. I plan on reading the rest of book two later this month.

I actually don't have a favorite house yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fav House: Stark. I just like the noble thought they ooze.

Fav Characters: Tyrion, Jaime, Varys, Arya, Barriston (After thinking about it, this list could go on forever)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Main POV characters: Tyrion, Arya, Jaime, Dany... Jon's growing on me.

Secondary characters: Barristan Selmy (I know he's POV now, but only just recently), The Hound, Mance Rayder, Stannis (just so at least one person actually likes him. )

Characters I wouldn't consider quite secondary, but I like them nonetheless: Strong Belwas, Syrio Forel, Qhorin Halfhand, Tormund Giantsbane, Red viper (and his daughters by extension)

Edited to add:

Forgot favorite house: FREY!

No, just joking.

Stark, of course.
    Last edited by Disenchanted; 2011-09-24 at 04:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am only seen the TV series and am about half way through the first book, but so far my favorite character are Arya and Tyrion. Don't really have a favorite house since only the Stark and Lanister houses have really been talked about.

Favorite character: Robb Stark (sucks what they did to him)

Favorite house: Stark ( I like how old of a house they are)

Tyrion of course.
    No house. It's all about characters.

I hate Arya, Bran and Davos POV though.

Deleted
    Favorite Characters:
    1. Tyrion Lannister. What is not to love about the Imp? I can't stop reading whenever I get to a Tyrion chapter.
    2. Daenaerys Targaryen. Starts out as a somewhat weak woman because of her abusive brother, then grows stronger and stronger through the books.
    3. Arya Stark.
    List could go on I guess, but those are my absolute favorites.

Favorite House: Targaryen, just because of the intresting lore about them throughout the books.

Characters I hate, and hope will burn in a fire:
    1. Cersei Lannister. Damn bitch.
    2. Sansa Stark. Stupid cow tbh.
    3. Petyr Baelish. Creepy as fuck.

I'm on a feast for crows atm, so I still keep my hopes up for them to die, but somehow I don't think they will.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading through this thread, I just visited Wikipedia for more information and I must say, the series looks very very interesting Will definitely buy the first book soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riken55 View Post
    Favorite character: Robb Stark (*edited*)

Favorite house: Stark ( I like how old of a house they are)
    We still have noobies out there...

Even as slight a spoiler as that may have been by your wording, you might want to change it.

Deleted
    Finished A Dance With Dragons a few weeks ago, have read the other books three or four times already, and my list of favorite characters is quite extended, so I'll keep it short:

- Tyrion, of course. Witty, insolent, cheerfull and lusty. Make the most of the worst, I think that's his personal philosophy.
    - Arya Stark, because she's a very active character as well, she does not accept what's happening to her and tries to change it. She wants to go back home, she wants to get her revenge, she does what she has to do and is ready to pay the price. She does not just "accept" whatever happens to her, unlike most of her sibblings.
    - Petyr Baelish and Varys, they both have agendas, and they both have enough brains to succeed. Not POV characters, but the way they manipulate everyone else is fascinating.

- Syrio Forel, the dance master. A character very similar to Duncan Idaho from Dune, a master at arms loyal to the end. With a dash of pride. Quick as a snake, silent as a shadow.
    - Jaqen H'ghar, because a man has to be loved or feared, and I don't want him waiting for me in the dark.

As for houses, Greyjoy does have the most powerful moto: "We do not sow". "We do not sow", we do not work as lesser men do, we do not accept the weak men's rules, we'll break your bones rather than break our backs working the land. But I think that my favorite house is House Martell, mainly due to Doran and Oberyn, but I love their words as weel: "Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eDGe87 View Post
    Characters I hate, and hope will burn in a fire:
    1. Cersei Lannister. Damn bitch.
    2. Sansa Stark. Stupid cow tbh.
    3. Petyr Baelish. Creepy as fuck.

I'm on a feast for crows atm, so I still keep my hopes up for them to die, but somehow I don't think they will.
    Sansa is almost tragically naive. Being the father of 3 teenage girls, I get her "stupidity." But she's learning (albeit slowly).

Characters I loathe: All Boltons and Freys. Most Iron Islanders (although I enjoy their story). Asha and Victarion being the exemptions as they rock. Joffrey and the bitch that bore him.

Just finished Storm of Kings.

PoV Characters, Jon Snow, Tyrion, Arya and Bran, and the occasional Catelyn Stark

Secondary Character, Bronn (I like him in the books and the tv show "Give me 10 men and pikes and I'll impregnate the bitch" was epic), The Hound, Barristan Selmy, Samwell Tarly ("I Want to be a wizard" ftw) Lord "Bear" Mormont. Also SoK got me interested in Theon Greyjoy and Danaerys, as well as Jorah Mormont.

Least liked characters, hard to hate characters when the bad guys/ladies are amazing characters, but if i had a choice, it'd be Sansa followed by Ceresei.

House Stark and The Night Watch are my favorite houses, granted the Night's Watch isn't a house, but i like it anyways.

"Ours is the Fury" seems to be my favorite house motto even though i don't really like House Baratheon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgar View Post
    - Syrio Forel, the dance master. A character very similar to Duncan Idaho from Dune, a master at arms loyal to the end. With a dash of pride. Quick as a snake, silent as a shadow.
    - Jaqen H'ghar, because a man has to be loved or feared, and I don't want him waiting for me in the dark.
    Now you're being redundant (yes. I did go there. hehe)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    1: The favorite characters would be Arya, Tyrion, Littlefinger, Jamie, Jon and the Viper of Dorne.
    Some secondary would be Syrio, Lyanna Stark (What?) Rhaegar (again, what?) Daenaerys, Maester Aemon, Tywin Lannister, and in the last two books Sansa slowly started getting intrestig.
    2: My favorite house would be Martell of the great houses and Dayne of the lesser (The second is just darn intresting).
    3: The words would be Winter is Comming. It just has something omnious about itself that speaks volumes.

As for characters I really don't like:
    Joffrey, stupid and oblivious about it.
    I tried to think of others but just couldn't get one. Cercei's a stupid cow and oblivious about it as well but at least she... does things and tries to do things. Theon is mixed up and sorta weak spined...

10+ Year Old Account
    Tywin Lannister. This guy is the epitome of what it means to be a cold, cunning, well-written villain.

Also: Hear Me Roar!

On another note... anyone else really, really like Roose Bolton? >.>
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2011-09-24 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Now you're being redundant (yes. I did go there. hehe)
    Yeah, I know, but a man has to have favorites.

Some of my favorite non POV characters are Ser Barristan Selmy and Quorin Halfhand (two badasses) and two of my favorite minor houses are House Mormont, bannermen of House Stark and House Tarly of Horn Hill. Strong Belwas is also pretty awesome because of what he did at Meereen had me laughing my ass off.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite Character is a tie between Daenaerys Targaryen and Jon Snow. Dany because she's the fiercest person in the series, in my opinion. Jon has his epic moments too but he can be really stressful sometimes. As far as Houses go there's characters I like and don't like in all of them. For example, I really like Cersi and Tyrion Lannister but Tywin and Jaime are among my least favorites. I guess House Stark is my favorite, if only for where it is they rule, I love Winterfell.

I do feel bad for Theon Greyjoy though, they made his role in the TV show even less significant than it was in the first book haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegizzle View Post
    I do feel bad for Theon Greyjoy though, they made his role in the TV show even less significant than it was in the first book haha.
    You think? It's been a while since I read GoT, but I can barely remember him in it aside from the one-shot teaser chapter with Balon.