Question Apparitions or paralysis for pvp?

Yup just what the title says. which one do u guys like better for pvp? BTW i do a shatterplay combo in 3's. me mage holy pally just an FYI in case that has an influence on which talent to take.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Paralysis shares DR with your mages roots, so it will be wasted points. Also you have to crit with mind blast which isn't really likely to happen unless you mind spike (but you REALLY should not do that unless you are locked out). Apparitions are free damage to your SWP target - free damage?!?!?!?!?! GIMME
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Paralysis shares DR with your mages roots, so it will be wasted points. Also you have to crit with mind blast which isn't really likely to happen unless you mind spike (but you REALLY should not do that unless you are locked out). Apparitions are free damage to your SWP target - free damage?!?!?!?!?! GIMME
    Ofcourse you mindspike even if not locked out, that's how you burst as spriest in pvp, pop wings + spike x 3 + mb, fuckton of dmg on a swap.

If you have to choose, take Appartions. Kiting rogue while apps doing shitloads of dmg is pure win. And paralysis is pretty situational, while bursting it usually comes but it's almost every time wasted there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    Ofcourse you mindspike even if not locked out, that's how you burst as spriest in pvp, pop wings + spike x 3 + mb, fuckton of dmg on a swap.
    Unless you know the target is going to die and you have time to do 5 seconds worth of casting nukes which will remove your shadow orbs for mind blast and your constant stream of damage via DoTs on the target, its not likely worth it imo. If a match just starts the player will most likely use a CD, los and wait for his healer. DoT's could still be doing damage over that los and if you know the foe is going to die there would be no point risking it just in case he lives.

Just speculating of course but its beside the point. Point is frost mage + paralysis = no.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Running iwth a affli lock -> Apparitions
    Any other comp -> Paralysis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Unless you know the target is going to die and you have time to do 5 seconds worth of casting nukes which will remove your shadow orbs for mind blast and your constant stream of damage via DoTs on the target, its not likely worth it imo. If a match just starts the player will most likely use a CD, los and wait for his healer. DoT's could still be doing damage over that los and if you know the foe is going to die there would be no point risking it just in case he lives.

Just speculating of course but its beside the point. Point is frost mage + paralysis = no.
    If you are swapping, it's worth it, there are so many classes that have good swaps where your burst is better then constant dmg. I play with a rogue, he swaps, dance in a smoke with me free casting spikes/mb, it creates a lot more pressure than me dotting up the target. I like to fully dot a swap target and then swap to the healer, fear/stun/mc/silence, that creates a shit ton of pressure as well.

No paralysis with a mage, would be stupid to DR his roots, ofcourse.

Here's a movie describing what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf5FfD8tKjo

paralysis with a diminishing cd isn't worth 2 points.

Deleted
    none...

see now your build is somewhat more usefull

(full fade build + mooncloth 4pc)
    Last edited by mmoc419b146f30; 2011-09-26 at 07:43 AM.

paralysis. The adds move to slow. will only work with them.