Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Infliction View Post
    LOL, SO WEIRD to stumble upon this thread. My PC is like 7 years old and when I built it back in the day, it was always cold and blowing cold air, the case is nice and has perfect airflow...

Recently, I've done some reading about under-clocking/under-volting to save my CPU, it for no reason other than it's old as hell, it's gone up to 122... And as I jokingly told a friend over VENT "how has it not melted yet?" it hit 123 then I get a BSOD and CPU overheat error.

It's gotten so bad I've rigged my PC to where I had to take off my side case with built in fan and actually have a real huge sized house fan pushed in at the right angle to direct harder airflow... Takes it down to about 60-70... The heatsink is so hot to the touch I could cook breakfast!!!

I'd be emo but this thing has lasted me forever so w/e!

So yeah, to me 70 is nothing, if I'm playing LoL and have Firefox open... AND SOMETIMES VENT. It goes from 80-105 and I have to be super careful, I could turn on IGNORE CPU TEMP... But then I wouldn't know if it went over 123 and it would probably physically melt.

I use the CPUID HWMONITOR btw.
    You might be interested in buying a can of compressed air (you can buy it basically anywhere hardware-related, both computer, ironware and carworkshops), and go to town on your heatsinks.

Blow on fans and any fins you see there. Dust is your enemy. It causes fans to struggle to rotate, and covers fins so they cannot get cool air to lead the heat away.

Infliction, temps don't go that high because of bad case airflow. Either your thermal compound has deteriorated or your cpu fan is broken. I'd consider buying a $20-30 cpu fan if you don't plan on replacing your cpu very soon. Also I'd suggest not touching your heatsink especially when your computer is on.
    OP: you probably installed your fan wrong (after you seal it in don't wiggle it around at all) or have a fingerprint on your thermal compound. Its worth a try to just take it out and put it back in. Make sure to refer to the instructions that came with the i5 for both removal and installation.

Deleted

Thumbs up

I haven't done the cable management yet, so that might lower the temp a little, also I remember I accidently touched the thermal paste that was pre-applied on it once. But thermal paste only makes 2-3 degrees difference right?

I will take a look at the fan too, yeah it is stock. Maybe I didn't put it in completely correct, could be.

Touching the thermal paste is a bad idea. Don't eat it. D:
    But thermal paste only make a little difference on coolers whom are already good.

Info from your OP doesn't look horribly warm, but not healthy. An inexpensive low-profile aftermarket cooler might be in your venue of interest.
    Or just buy a small syringe of thermal compound and reseat the intel-heatsink. Make sure it clips.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Touching the thermal paste is a bad idea. Don't eat it. D:
    But thermal paste only make a little difference on coolers whom are already good.

Info from your OP doesn't look horribly warm, but not healthy. An inexpensive low-profile aftermarket cooler might be in your venue of interest.
    Or just buy a small syringe of thermal compound and reseat the intel-heatsink. Make sure it clips.
    I think I will buy the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus next Sunday when I celebrate my birthday. On my birthday my family will give me money= hyper 212

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I think I will buy the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus next Sunday when I celebrate my birthday. On my birthday my family will give me money= hyper 212
    You won't really need something "as high performing" either. But if you can find it cheap, go ahead. Make sure you have clearence in your case. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiwara View Post
    It's high, but not that high. My i2400 runs at around 40C under load, about 50C under load when heavily overclocked (~3.9ghz). I use the stock cooling, but overall my case is very well cooled with lots of fans, and the room temperature is around 18C.
    Thats pretty damn high for stock

My i5 2500k at 4.8 runs at 55 on load.

I would say on load you want to be around <60. So aim for that, try to learn about airflow or just cool your room down a bit.

I use a corsair h80 btw, and a nzxt phantom fully kitted out with fans (except side ones ofc cus of the h80), h80 exhausts out the back, the 2 on top exhaust, the 2 on side + 1 at front are intake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    You won't really need something "as high performing" either. But if you can find it cheap, go ahead. Make sure you have clearence in your case. /shrug
    The Hyper 212 Plus is a nice mid-range cooling solution, and over here (The Netherlands) you can get it for as low as 20 euros. It has a great price/performance value.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."