Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always loved my druid and necro, with their summons to plow over everything

Trap assassin used to be my fav.

Skellymancer by far, Way funner than hammerdin, able to do everything a hammerdin cant and even solo ubers.

IF you plan to play this in singleplayer i recomend getting the Eastern Sun mod. It pretty much is what should have happened to diablo 3.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/miyoshino/es/es3top.htm

If you can get Titans Revenge, Jabazon. Definitely my favorite character. Not great for hell since basically all the damage is lighting damage, but fun as hell for doing cow runs (since it's impossible for you to kill the cow king).

For singleplayer, summonmancer is deffinitely easiest. You should go for something like this and just spam amplify damage on normal mobs and decrepify on bosses.

the "best" will be something you can play without gear since you're starting up fresh... which means... i'd go with something melee and grab some life steal.

Quote Originally Posted by acolonyofrabbits View Post
    the "best" will be something you can play without gear since you're starting up fresh... which means... i'd go with something melee and grab some life steal.
    If you are without gear how do you get lifesteal good enough to make the game faceroll. Summonmancer is the least gear dependant build.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's fun to see how your armfy of skeletons falls to pieces after 1st Diablo AoE -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    it's fun to see how your armfy of skeletons falls to pieces after 1st Diablo AoE -.-
    When you build it wrong, yes. Only thing that will definitely kill skeletons is red lightning hose. But i dont think i need to tell you that will kill anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Sorry but what Skellymancer are you speaking of? One in blues?

Nigma/shako/armofleoric/boneflame/marrowalk/arachs/3summoningammy/sojx2/magefists/CTA spirit on switch/ torch/ anni/ almost full inventory of summon skillers.

If i can solo ubers im pretty sure diablo aoe isnt gona kill my summons.

When you build it wrong, yes. Only thing that will definitely kill skeletons is red lightning hose. But i dont think i need to tell you that will kill anyone.
    Not even then./

10+ Year Old Account
    the ARMY of skeles. Necro summoner FTW!!

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

I dunno, I personally enjoyed them all (altaholic yay), but I mostly played and enjoyed mah pally. Next would probably be necromancer or mage, then the rest are sorta tied for third for me (but still enjoyable!). :P

hybrid sorc with fireballs and blizzard.Hire mercenary with frost aura.There is nothing you cant solo very easily.But of course you need to know how to play

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by germanmark View Post
    hammerdin....
    They got nerfed yo.

Anyways. I don't know if there is actually a "best". If you actually think about it, for those of you who have played Diablo II as much as I have, there are no games like it nowadays in terms of the number of builds each character can have. There are so many wacky builds you can try out in D2 - and surprisingly a lot of the odd ones will work out just fine, just do some research and try what sounds fun.

For example, I've seen a Paladin who uses bows.

As far as serious builds go, when you actually get gear for your characters, Windy Druids are SO fun. I'd definitely recommend playing one sometime.

They got nerfed yo.
    Mine still runs everything but ubers perfectly fine.