Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why do people say Arms/Warriors are underpowered?

I know how this comes across, but I'm just wondering, why do people think Warriors, or more specifically, Arms, is underpowered? I'm top damage done/dps in both normals and lfr almost every time, even when there's a better geared warrior or someone of a different class. I'm arms at 520 ilvl and I have no problem topping meters. I'm just wondering, is the consensus still that warriors are underpowered? I just don't see it.

You raid with poor or undergeared players in normal and few people try in LFR. Arms is one of the lowest dps specs in the game.

if you are topping meters as a warrior right now you got a gimmick or people in your group are undergeared / not playing their class to it's potential as closely as you are.

go raid with a group of experienced players, you'll see how far you are from the top. there is a world of difference between raiding with nobodies and playing the game with a guild like, say, Shining Force.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
    if you are topping meters as a warrior right now you got a gimmick or people in your group are undergeared / not playing their class to it's potential as closely as you are.

go raid with a group of experienced players, you'll see how far you are from the top. there is a world of difference between raiding with nobodies and playing the game with a guild like, say, Shining Force.
    Never heared of Shining Force either lol

And it doesn't have to be "nobodies" you raid with, as soon as you're raid consists of enough people that know what they're doing, you will see where a warrior really stands atm.

Been playing an prot/arms warrior for 8 years now. Im now fury/prot pve, arms pvp. Its a pain in the ass switching specs when I want to pvp, and im not a fan of the CD dependent fury rotation, but at least its one less gear set I have to carry around now. I know it sucks, and I know you dont want to, but just switch to fury for pve dps for until arms gets fixed.

Ill prolly have to go back to arms/prot full time come 5.4 for all the gankin and what not to come on timeless isle just to be ready whenever, then switch to fury when i have to pve dps.

Well I'm sure that other people have. I didn't really want to say Blood Legion, Method, or etc. Everyone knows them and they are at the top of the food chain. Just wanted to pick out a guild that does okay and is very serious, has a roster filled with dedicated players who know what they are doing. Gonna notice a difference going from that guild on that one desolate server to a guild that is < US 400.

I'm surprised they haven't finished yet though so I suppose wasn't the best example. They did a lot better in Wrath and Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
    Well I'm sure that other people have. I didn't really want to say Blood Legion, Method, or etc. Everyone knows them and they are at the top of the food chain. Just wanted to pick out a guild that does okay and is very serious, has a roster filled with dedicated players who know what they are doing. Gonna notice a difference going from that guild on that one desolate server to a guild that is < US 400.

I'm surprised they haven't finished yet though so I suppose wasn't the best example. They did a lot better in Wrath and Cataclysm.
    No, even in a guild like that skill is huge. It honestly isn't hard to get into a top ~25-50 guild and only perform meh. I know plenty of mediocre players who raid at higher levels.

It's part of the reason you need a lot of sources to get a good idea of how classes actually perform. Don't just use WOL, Sim-C, forums, etc, use them all in combination, modified for player skill.

On another note, Arms might be quite viable come 5.4. With the amount of AOE and cleave fights, and the recent buff to Arms. It's looking quite competitive in the PTR tests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliria View Post
    On another note, Arms might be quite viable come 5.4. With the amount of AOE and cleave fights, and the recent buff to Arms. It's looking quite competitive in the PTR tests.
    But I don't want to play arms :'(

Topping meters in LFR or normal does not mean anything at all. You can top meters with any class. What matters is that warriors is far below dps when it comes to serious raiding when everyone is on the same level of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    But I don't want to play arms :'(
    Well we can agree that something has to be changed for Arms, cause right now it's a mess. Coming from the very well defined fury rotation, It's not really clear what the priority should be for Arms. Something has to be changed with the whole OP vs slam.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliria View Post
    Well we can agree that something has to be changed for Arms, cause right now it's a mess. Coming from the very well defined fury rotation, It's not really clear what the priority should be for Arms. Something has to be changed with the whole OP vs slam.
    It has been changed, fixed as it were. It was intended that OP>slam normally and slam>OP when CS is up, and as of the PTR, that is how it is.

Pretty clear...

Deleted
    Well I just out dpsed a Heroic geared warlock...so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    So your warlock is bad. This proves what?

Arms isn't that bad at 520 ilvl it just scales badly so at 540 ilvl its terribly underpowered. With the 5.4 buffs it will be good for cleave fights not sure about single target but better then it is atm.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And that warlock was asleep or bad or whatever. Warriors are mediocre right now, and arms is really really bad. The state of warriors this expansion is what made me abandon ship (and by ship, I mean warriors) after 8~ years of warrioring. Whenever I've had an active sub to WoW I've played a warrior, and this, right now, is the worst they've ever been.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I know how this comes across, but I'm just wondering, why do people think Warriors, or more specifically, Arms, is underpowered?
    Because they are, at least when we are talking about being good dps in HC raids.

Ok op just gonna say if you can't pull 150k by the time your 522 il you are playing an underpowered class

You do know that most people in LFR just attack the boss enough for 30 seconds so we don't get kicked when people look at the meters and tab out and do other stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    You do know that most people in LFR just attack the boss enough for 30 seconds so we don't get kicked when people look at the meters and tab out and do other stuff?
    We ? Are you one those AFKers ?