Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

[Priest] Healing t13 set bonuses.

NEW CHANGES TO SET BONUS:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Healer, 2P -- After using Power Infusion or Divine Hymn, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for [10|23] sec. (10 sec for Discipline, 23 for non-Discipline.)
    Healer, 4P -- Your Power Word: Shield has a 10% chance to absorb 100% additional damage and increase the mana granted by Rapture by 100%, and the duration of your Holy Word abilities is increased by 20%.
    --------------------------------
    Changing my original post because of the update.

So. This is what I now posted again on the site.

------

These Priest set bonus changes aren't doing anything except making the disc ones better.

1. Disc Priests will double dip on the two piece as they can also cast Divine Hymn.

2. Why even add the double rapture proc to the 4piece for Disc? They by far have the best regen of any healer as is.... and they get to double dip on the two piece.

3. The four set needs a complete rework for Holy Priests. Just trash tieing anything to Holy Word spells because they are so situational. You also realize that this four piece will add like.... 2 seconds onto the spells? That is nothing.

Suggestions:

2 Piece:
    Tie the two piece into Hymn of Hope instead of our raid cooldown and have Heavenly Voice reduce the cooldown of Hymn of Hope by 1.5/3 minutes.

4 Piece:
    Scrap the holy word ideas and change it to: Your Hymn of Hope now is guaranteed to restore mana to the Priest every tick.
    Last edited by Afflictid; 2011-09-30 at 12:12 AM.

For reference:
    Healer, 2P -- After using Power Infusion or Lightwell, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for [10|15] sec. (10 sec for Discipline, 15 for non--Discipline.)
    Healer, 4P -- Your Power Word: Shield has a 10% chance to absorb 100% additional damage, and the cooldown of your Holy Word abilities is reduced by 20%.

My fault for reading T12 the first time
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-09-25 at 01:32 AM.

Because we rarely use holy words as it is? both bonuses freaking blow for holy. the great thing about lightwell is dropping it ahead of time..
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

I'm not sure I see the point of a 2pc set bonus that pretty much just does what Power Infusion already does... but for less time?

(Without doing any calculations )Neither the 2pc or 4pc *look* like they will come anywhere close to the mana regen that 4pc t11 and 2pc t12 give.. I can't see wanting to break 2pc t12 for either of these bonuses.
    Maybe there will just be that much more regen via t13 level gear?

(granted I only heal as offspec :P)

I think holy gets the shaft more with the 2 piece bonus.. Most holy priests I know pop their Lightwell once at the beginning of a fight or not at all.

Deleted
    Healer, 2P -- After using Power Infusion or Lightwell, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for [10|15] sec. (10 sec for Discipline, 15 for non--Discipline.)
    Healer, 4P -- Your Power Word: Shield has a 10% chance to absorb 100% additional damage, and the cooldown of your Holy Word abilities is reduced by 20%.
    For Holy:

Ye I can see these bonuses really annoying me. So now I have to save my lightwell for when I am about to do some bursty healing? Hardly difficult yes, but none the less annoying. The 4 piece is meh. Really meh.

For Disc:

The 2 piece is going to be great for burst healing. +20% Haste & -45% mana cost on spells. Nom.

As for the 4 piece, who doesn't like extra free healing.

Please keep in mind that the below data is pre--PTR and could change prior to the release of patch 4.3.
    Well lets bloody hope so!
    Last edited by mmoc230b92349f; 2011-09-25 at 01:33 AM.

Disc 2piece: solid.
    Holy 2piece: Totally off base. LW isn't something you cast because you'll be casting High Mana Cost Heals Now(tm), it's something you place down because you'll need it Soon(tm). IDK, maybe this is their answer for guilds that don't click LW? "Well, if people aren't gonna click it, at least it can be a mana conservation CD for Holy."

Disc 4piece: A great buff for tank healing, but still *sigh* @ RNG throughput.
    Holy 4piece: Greater uptime on HW:Sanc is a direct HPS boost when HW:Sanc can be effective, but it'll remain to be seen if HW:Sanc can be effective in T13 encounters. In essence, for it to be a good bonus, you'll need large clumps of stationary people taking consistent damage for an extended period of time. Attempt to boost Holy tank healing potential via HW:Seren? Don't see it being too gamebreaking.

both bonuses seem kind of shit for holy but ok for disc

Am I reading disc 4p wrong or are we going to start seeing ~70k+ shields >.>

Deleted
    Disc sets, pretty nice, Holy ones pretty much .. SUCK lol

tho they wanted priests to prefer holy again, but nah, blizz rocks!!!! jk

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Disc 2piece: solid.
    Holy 2piece: Totally off base. LW isn't something you cast because you'll be casting High Mana Cost Heals Now(tm), it's something you place down because you'll need it Soon(tm). IDK, maybe this is their answer for guilds that don't click LW? "Well, if people aren't gonna click it, at least it can be a mana conservation CD for Holy."

Disc 4piece: A great buff for tank healing, but still *sigh* @ RNG throughput.
    Holy 4piece: Greater uptime on HW:Sanc is a direct HPS boost when HW:Sanc can be effective, but it'll remain to be seen if HW:Sanc can be effective in T13 encounters. In essence, for it to be a good bonus, you'll need large clumps of stationary people taking consistent damage for an extended period of time. Attempt to boost Holy tank healing potential via HW:Seren? Don't see it being too gamebreaking.
    what the hell spiritus when did you become a mod. i must have been away to long.

anyway does the 4peice mean holy is suppose to tank heal now...cause the other 2 words are useless (exaggeration)
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

For the two set, does the Power Infusion have to be used on yourself? Or just used? I'm not terribly content with the 2set bonus. And I feel bad for Holy.

Looks like I'll be going Disc for 4.3

>.>

Deleted
    assuming the spells don't change (PI, PW:S, LW, HW:sanc), I'll probably be using disc as offspec in t13. Back to bubble spamming (with the increased mana pool). We'll see what else changes around them.

Overall the disc 2pc seems quite strong.

does the 2pc occur as soon as you use PI or as soon as the effect finishes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponchu View Post
    does the 2pc occur as soon as you use PI or as soon as the effect finishes?
    By the wording, as soon as you gain the buff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy? We are the "non--Discipline" Priests!! ROFL

Is there anywhere we can post feedback to them about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    This is the o-board thread on all the bonuses: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3229376031#1

This is the o-board thread on 4.3 Feedback on priest class changes: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123369470

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    I can guarantee that there are post on the wow forums on this.

Now my thoughts are about the same as everyone's these look like they're going to really suck! I hope they revise these soon because holy crap I won't be wearing T13 unless it has some kickin' stats to it (which I will have to for heroic modes I'm willing to bet..)

*edit* dammit spiritus beat me to it with links... ahh well....