Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If nothing else, patch 4.3 marks one clear change. Priests are now either "disc priests" or "non-disc priests".

Honestly, I've never been much for set bonuses. Just gathering them always meant taking gear away from QQing tanks. I see this patch will be another patch with no set bonuses for me. Ah well. As long as there is regular gear to be found with spirit on it.

Anyone else having problems that Disc and Holy are the only healers that have to spend mana to get the 2p bonus going? I mean 2964 for Power Infusion and 6177 for Lightwell. No other healer is forced into that and thier 2p works of spells that have no mana cost.

I would suggest they change the 2p to something like that

Healer, 2p -- After using Shadowfiend, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for 30 sec. (for the current shadowfiend CD of 5min)

or

Healer, 2p -- After using Shadowfiend, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for 15 sec. (if they lower shadowfiends CD to 3min)

The 4p should just reduce Divine Hymn CD by 4 or 5 minutes.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muoteck View Post
    What if the Holy 2-piece activates when you use (e.g. click) the lightwell, not cast it? That would probably be way OP in terms of mana regen, but wording on those bonuses is so retardedly unclear...
    Not happening. Glyphed Lightwell has 15 charges and the buff lasts 15 seconds - potentially 100% uptime. Not to mention that if it activates only for you, it would encourage you to be greedy and keep the lightwell to yourself. If it'd activate everytime someone else clicks, you'd have zero control over it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both of those bonuses need completely re-doing. They're useless.

Kaels opinions is always great to read:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...031?page=7#130

EDIT: Kaels, I love you! This topic is brilliant!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3229036359
    Last edited by Danner; 2011-09-25 at 10:16 AM.

Deleted
    i play resto druid and i really like the look of my set bonuses...except id rather have the timeslip on rejuv + lifebloom, rather than regrowth, as i rarely use it, but meh

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 11:06 AM ----------

woops, apologies, i saw this on the main page and thought it was about ALL set bonuses, my bad guys

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Duplicate sorry...
    Last edited by PromiscuousPenguin; 2011-09-25 at 10:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the sound of the bonuses atm - a short extention of the mana reduction to power infusion though without haste (might as well make it "Power Infusion lasts X amount more time"). 4p bonus sounds awesome for discipline too, buuut obviously since its not something you can control its most likely going to be extremely gimmicky - 100% more is certainly awesome, but not much point if it comes at the wrong point.

Also as others state its a pain that pi has a mana cost, but thats the price when they make it castable on others...

Compared shadow bonuses are pretty damn op.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    Really disappointed with the Holy bonuses. As if being forced to play Disc this tier wasn't enough because Holy lacked raid cds in 10 man. Guess they really want us to give up on that spec...
    Last edited by mmoc76daca7658; 2011-09-25 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Disc 2piece: solid.
    Holy 2piece: Totally off base. LW isn't something you cast because you'll be casting High Mana Cost Heals Now(tm), it's something you place down because you'll need it Soon(tm). IDK, maybe this is their answer for guilds that don't click LW? "Well, if people aren't gonna click it, at least it can be a mana conservation CD for Holy."
    Tragicomic. But I don't really think a Raid Tier set is aimed for such noobish group members. Probably LW is just a placeholder trigger. They didn't release the tier looks, yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    The 2piece I like... but holy gets shafted for the 4 piece.

EDIT: Just realized, thanks to the thread, that Holy bonuses suck or 2 piece as well...

Guess they really just want us to forget about Holy all together.
    Holy gets shafted for 2p too. Anyone sane usually use Lightwell before the pull, meaning the set bonus is usless. Compare this to how the similar bonus procs for other healing classes on actual cooldown abilities. Essentially, holy 2p is terrible and holy 4p is useless for raiding (nice for 5-mans, but seriously, why would a tier bonus be designed for 5-mans???). Holy = shafted.

Deleted
    Hopefully we will see massiv changes to these bonuses once t13 hits the PTR, otherwise I'll ask our owl to gear up his shadow priest so I can switch to my resto druid. Not going to play a specc I don't like for two raid-tiers in a row, tyvm.

Let's just hope the upcomming class-changes don't look like this as well.

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    It isn't massively OP, but it is definitely better than holy's. Pi for 45% mana reduction and then spam bubble.
    Add to that the lucky priests who have SoW (which i am not part of), Jow and the bigger mana pools it might be a bit crazy..

I have always loved disc and mitigation over throughput but not to the point of bubble botting i hope it doesn't become viable again.
    Last edited by PromiscuousPenguin; 2011-09-25 at 11:37 AM. Reason: clarity

The only way to make non-Discipline 2-piece even remotely useful would be redesigning Lightwell to act like certain spell, effectively turning it into mini-Hymn raid CD. But they repeatedly said it won't happen.

For 4-piece, maybe they should instead make a change to buff Echo of Light. Giving it a 10% chance to heal for 100% of amount healed instantly when applied or making it last 2x longer, like other healing bonuses. It would still be pretty weak, but not totally useless like it is now. Guess we should be happy they didn't decide to add some silly effect to Renew this time.
    Last edited by Muoteck; 2011-09-25 at 12:06 PM.
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

I echo the sentiments of many of those here.

Disc:
    2pc: if you PI yourself this will be amazing for burst (I think the 10 sec vs 15 sec is to try to prevent too much pre-damage PWS Spam; time will tell if it will work). And if you are altruistic and give it to a DPS you'll have your own 'benefit' from it. Just in pure MP5. (i wouldn't be SHOCKED if they change this to be "when you cast your PI on someone else")
    4pc: I dont like the 'chance' stuff for tank healing. You'll need to really be good about watching your PWS and if its still up on the tank. But free mitigation is great imo.
    Overall: Good

Holy:
    2pc: really strange. I mean I see what they are doing they are linking mana cost reduction (for all healers) with a mid-duration cool down ability. Lightwell is not a 'hold it until you need to burst heal; and we'll reduce the mana cost'. This is lost especially if you pre-pull cast LW.
    4pc: If Sanctuary gets tweaked by the Devs then maybe. Even a mana cost reduction would be nice; but for this to be good it requires T13 spells to play into Sanct. (ie. group up, and constant damage). Serenity- is a great single target spell that is CHEAP. I wonder if you could have more Holy Tank healing w/ this.
    Overall: Mediocre- lets hope they tweak it.
    Last edited by derevka; 2011-09-25 at 12:21 PM.

Deleted
    I am disc and I think both bonuses REALLY suck.
    I really cannot see how you can find them any good after those great T12 boni. The 2p bonus of T13 would be okay if it came with 75% mana reduction. Other than that you're just going to try pumping out as many healing spells as possible in those 10 seconds and that won't be a very good idea most of the time.
    The 4p is near useless to me. I, and i believe most of you as well, don't shield the raid but rather the tank for mana regen while healing the raid. If this bonus came in WotLK it would be great but in Cata I can't see much use for it (10% chance? Seriously?).

When comparing these boni to T12 they just suck. Nothing more. I have 5-10% heal from the T12 4p bonus. T13 will be less than 1% for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    When comparing these boni to T12 they just suck. Nothing more. I have 5-10% heal from the T12 4p bonus. T13 will be less than 1% for me.
    Its statistically a 10% increase to your PWS output. Whatever that breakdown is for your output is how it'll increase. Nothing to stick your nose up at.

So now even tanks will have raid-saving CDs, yet Holy Priests still have none Add this to the absolutely clueless, pointless and worthless set "bonuses" and we're looking forward to a really nice tier D
    Oh dear.
    Good thing I actually started enjoying Disc more than Holy...

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    Anyone else having problems that Disc and Holy are the only healers that have to spend mana to get the 2p bonus going? I mean 2964 for Power Infusion and 6177 for Lightwell. No other healer is forced into that and thier 2p works of spells that have no mana cost.

I would suggest they change the 2p to something like that

Healer, 2p -- After using Shadowfiend, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for 30 sec. (for the current shadowfiend CD of 5min)

or

Healer, 2p -- After using Shadowfiend, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for 15 sec. (if they lower shadowfiends CD to 3min)

The 4p should just reduce Divine Hymn CD by 4 or 5 minutes.
    Unless they buff the throughput of Divine Hymn, that 4 piece would be just as useless as the current one.

What really has me concerned are the tank pally/druid/warrior 4pcs. That is a LOT of raidwide cooldowns. This concerns me mainly due to the fact that cooldowns will either be nerfed (because so many are available), healing will be boring with that many CDs running on the raid (unlikely), or there will literally be that much damage going out in T13 that we'll need that many.

With active mitigation being touted and a concern for the TANKS... I wonder if shifting the CDs to the tanks (and/or nerfing them all) is coming. Is this the writing on the wall?
    Last edited by derevka; 2011-09-25 at 03:34 PM. Reason: clarity