Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    What are extra ticks of sanc going to do when people aren't stacked? I very very rarely use Serenity, and even when I do it isn't for the 25% crit buff... it is just for a cheap instant cast heal. The buff is negligable. The 4set for holy is pretty much worthless.

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 01:14 AM ----------

I still liked my Hymn of Hope set bonuses... but no one commented on em haha.
    I use Serenity all the time to keep up renew on someone, or if someone gets low on health, its cheaper than heal, and can crit for 30k. and its instant. not sure why it gets a bad wrap.

Deleted
    Honestly, they need to scrap these set bonuses. They don't make any sense, and they're not going to make any sense. >< sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    It all but forces holy priests to take our new talent. Now, this is not to say that any "non-discipline" (yes, /agree Kel, thanks Blizz...) priest wouldn't have taken the talent in the first place (I was already mapping out spec changes to fit it in nefore the set bonus change was posted). However, this pretty much means that you won't have much choice in the matter now regardless.
    Considering how bad State of Mind is in the tree, at this point I don't really care. I'm just happy to have it gone.
    The 4-pc change, however, makes me giddy. Like, extremely /squeal excited. Not only did they fix my initial concern with the original design (mana conservation capability), this also gives me an additional idea of how it could make Serenity a bit better by increasing the buff it provides by 20% (making it last approximately 8 seconds rather than 6, which should mean it's up for two GHs instead of just one after factoring in GCD wait time). While this may not seem the flashiest of increases, at it's still remaining 15 second cooldown this means it is now increased to around 50% uptime.
    If you spec Tome of Light, it's actually a 10.5 second cooldown. The only thing is they just need to fix the damn ability. The upside is Sanctuary's uptime is bigger, it's cooldown is smaller, and its mana cost is reduced. Oh my, this just became an awesome awesome thing and I'm beside myself... assuming this one doesn't get fixed (go figure).

As a side note and completely off topic, KEL! You changed your Celes avatar after less than a week. I am very sad. Celes was by far one of my favorite FF6 characters. Who or what is the new one, by the way?
    I went Celes because I was hoping to be playing FF6 from the PSN. Then Sony trolled the hell out of me. But how do you not recognize Saria? Honestly, Fenix, you disappoint me.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Is Sanctuary actually fixed though? Sure it's amazing in 25 mans because there is no 6 player "cap" due to the bug, but it's still mediocre at best in 10 mans.

Two set is better but still flawed and four set is just bad.

Deleted
    Its funny that they allways make 1 spec that you actually "cant" use at raiding..same like mage who uses frost...nobody..
    Actually, quite the opposite. But Spec Trolling isn't welcome here. Infracted. --Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-09-30 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikizim View Post
    I use Serenity all the time to keep up renew on someone, or if someone gets low on health, its cheaper than heal, and can crit for 30k. and its instant. not sure why it gets a bad wrap.
    The reason it gets a bad rep are that you can't use when you're in Sanctuary (slight problem) which limits Prayer, Mending, Renew, and Circle's output (whereas Serenity gives crit instead of direct output).

The other reason it gets a bad rep is because its +crit that it's supposed to offer hasn't actually worked in gods know how long.

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 01:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SensCens View Post
    Honestly, they need to scrap these set bonuses. They don't make any sense, and they're not going to make any sense. >< sigh.
    How do they not make sense? It's not really that hard to follow.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    [/COLOR]How do they not make sense? It's not really that hard to follow.
    They don't make sense in that they are hard to understand, but in that they are flawed in design.

Why do we get our -25% mana buff AFTER we use our soon to be massive raid heal? Druids 2 set is tied into innervate, a time when you want to save mana, it would be silly if it was tied into tranq because following a tranq (and hymn in 4.3) the raid should be topped up and large healing won't be needed, meaning the -25% mana cost isn't get effective use.

The 4 set is even worse. Sanctuary is only effective in 25 man because of a bug causing it to ignore the 6 person cap. In 10 man it's still weak. +20% duration would be useful on maybe a single fight this tier, Beth'Tilac, and I don't see this changing dramatically in 4.3. Overall it will probably give the most insignificant buff to output that it isn't worth it. Sure the Serenity duration increase is nice, but I'm never in Serenity, so it's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    If nothing else, patch 4.3 marks one clear change. Priests are now either "disc priests" or "non-disc priests".

Honestly, I've never been much for set bonuses. Just gathering them always meant taking gear away from QQing tanks. I see this patch will be another patch with no set bonuses for me. Ah well. As long as there is regular gear to be found with spirit on it.
    I am a disc priest, my offspec is non-disc.
    Yall just jelly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikizim View Post
    Mainly cos its a filler spell. You don't use it for the crit bonus, you use it cos either:

A) You want to refresh renew and don't have time to cast or
    B) You want an instant spell to top someone up.

That makes its use very situational. The only time I use it is in combo with another spell that won't bring someone to full. I'll cast GH and as it lands I'll cast Serenity to hopefully top them just to save a cast time. If you're using it for low health, again thats situational but you could glyph flash heal and just flash heal them for serendipity stacks.

Sanctuary isn't any better. Healing to spell cost, its still very poor, with a small radius and only of use on grouping up.

I appreciate they want to give a set bonus for the defining play styles of each spec, but buffing situational spells a tiny amount (considering its a 4 piece) aren't cutting it. If they're wanting to make a 4 set around Holy Words they're gonna have to give something that makes you want to use it more. An actual buff to the spell, not just a duration extention on something you don't really care about (Serenity) or isn't really worth casting unless 90% of the raid are grouped (Sanctuary).
    Last edited by Malania; 2011-09-30 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Spellingz

Deleted
    What ya think about changing 2p bonus from Divine Hymn to Hymn of Hope and 4p bonus that will give 2x more mana to Holy Priests. I think it will be a great change for Holys :F

PS. On second thought, maybe 4p bonus should work only for Priest(whole Hymn of Hope just for priest ), we alreade have Mana Tide totem from shammys :P

Disc has the best mana regen by far? Ever heard of a Resto Druid?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeha, Warcrafter. It makes no sense putting Holy Priest in a bad situation again aswell. All other tier bonus mana savings are tied atleast to Spells that makes sense and that you have more control over when to cast, such as Innervate, PI, Mana Tie, Divine Favor.

Divine Hymn? For christ sake... Make it procc off Shadow Fiend would make more sense or HoH?

And the Sanctuary bonus: As someone wrote on EU Forums "Make Sanctuary/Serenity 20% more effective instead of lasting 20% longer".

To be honest, I am clueless why they even want mana saving bonuses on the last tiers for everyone, talking about mana management. Is it even needed?? For Holy perhaps...

The problem with it being on shadowfiend is that we'd then feel "Forced" into getting Veiled Shadows and also using shadowfiends earlier than we normally would. No matter what they are "gating" us into a certain playstyle. Do not want.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

I generally like the 2pc on Divine Favor and PI, for what it's trying to do. I like it less on DH, but if high damage periods are going to last for 25+sec, then it's just as useful as DF & PI [conservation wise]. I actually dislike Innervate & MTT the most because "Oh Sh!t" damage and "I need to use my mana CD" doesn't exactly always line up. In fact, most times it doesn't.

I'd rather have something like : "Make Hymn of Hope instant cast" than this Disc/Non-Disc rubbish.

The holy set bonuses suck from a 10 man perspective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    The problem with it being on shadowfiend is that we'd then feel "Forced" into getting Veiled Shadows and also using shadowfiends earlier than we normally would. No matter what they are "gating" us into a certain playstyle. Do not want.
    Yup. Some has probs already suggested this but surely having it proc from maybe Our Holy words would make more sense? Or at the very least sanc.

I dont know whats worse, having the manasaveing after LW or DH. out of a 10m perspective, I hope there are no scenarios, where you have to pull DH, and keep chaincasting for another 15sec...
    if it would have stayed with LW; you could have used it as a manasaving-CD (+ its original use of course!)
    dunno which is worse...
    for other healers, especially disc an pally, the spells blizz bound the manareduction to realy make sense!
    shamy a bit less, but he still has the possibility to use totem as a manareg-CD (ie not using it on cooldown) and maybe still putting down the same amount of totems over the whole fight.

but o well. better DH than hymn of hope. there are not many situations where you have to not heal at all for a period(8sec) then burst the hell out. (nef electrocutes, but even then you have enough time to slowly heal people up)
    and what else is there? Shadowfiend: maybe. only gets used once in the most encounters anyway... and then i like to time it together with my hymn => again 8sec standing still and not casting...
    Guardian spirit? Hell no, thats my lifesaver spell, that doesnt typically get used in high burst phases...

so in the end, theres no ideal spell for holy...
    but wait, why not just make a different setbonus? homogenisation or what?? stupid stuff

The new set bonus is still useless in a sense that it is wasted.

When using PI you are using it for mana reduction and casting speed to get people up or you notice your mana is looking low. This will provide a great mana reduction in spels when you need it.However holy does not beenifit from this the most, you have 15 seconds after using DH - are new Raid CD which is suppose to get the group topped off after serious raid damage. Thus making the mana reduction less useful in comparison because you supposively dont need it after using such a CD.

PI should be close to be used on CD (2 min), while DH (3 min) should be saved in moments of urgency when you need it which maybe be 1 time a fight or 2 depending on lengeth of the fight. Overall it is still useless for holy and I will be getting off pieces if the stats are horrid.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Derp! I'd forgotten that it was tied to cast, not to finish of cast, like with the current Tank 4pc...
    now I'm almost certain that Blizz will nerf the disc bonuses before they go live.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    However holy does not beenifit from this the most, you have 15 seconds after using DH - are new Raid CD which is suppose to get the group topped off after serious raid damage. Thus making the mana reduction less useful in comparison because you supposively dont need it after using such a CD.
    Again, assuming that high damage periods last for only 8sec, or only come in nef like bursts. Perhaps damage in 4.3 will come in longer, sustained periods of 20+sec? Then the 2pc, for what it's suppose to do, works. Trying to speculate the worth of it beyond a very macro angle is impossible w/o knowledge of the damage patterns that'll be encountered in 4.3.